Corsair Community

iCUE Link h150i fans and pump not detected.

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

I recently bought and installed the iCUE Link h150i liquid cooler, but now neither the fans nor the pump aren't detected by iCUE. It has been two days since I installed the cooler, please help.

However, the cooling works but the devices aren't detected and the RGB lighting doesn't work on both the pump and the fans.

Motherboard: Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula.

I've checked the USB 2.0 (for both ports), does not change the result.
I've swapped the Link cable connections, connecting the radiator to the hub, and the other port to the hub too (I tried connecting all the fans and radiator to one port, it didn't work).
I've searched in BIOS for CPU_FAN in monitor tab and put ignore to it (it kinda worked, but it didn't change the situation).
I've already revised that the cables in the hub were connected correctly, they were.
Finally, I've researched for this topic on this forum and iCUE doesn't detect my CPU cooler.

I would appreciate if someone knows how to solve this, if you need more information I'm glad to provide it.

Thank you in advance.

Device detection is about the USB pathway from device to motherboard. X570 boards have been notoriously difficult with this since their arrival and a lot of users need a powered internal usb hub to keep a steady voltage. However, typically when this is in play you get frequent dropouts or an inconsistent connection versus none at all. Does the CUE Link hub show in CUE?

Look in the software modules section (CUE settings) and see if the AIO is listed. That will tell us if the device was ever detected at all. Do the fans show in CUE?  The most common error with setting up these new Link AIOs is not routing the circuit through the radiator. 

Edited by c-attack

20 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Device detection is about the USB pathway from device to motherboard. X570 boards have been notoriously difficult with this since their arrival and a lot of users need a powered internal usb hub to keep a steady voltage. However, typically when this is in play you get frequent dropouts or an inconsistent connection versus none at all. Does the CUE Link hub show in CUE?

Look in the software modules section (CUE settings) and see if the AIO is listed. That will tell us if the device was ever detected at all. Do the fans show in CUE?  The most common error with setting up these new Link AIOs is not routing the circuit through the radiator. 

The Link hub does appear in iCUE, but I don't know where to search that software modules section you are talking about. The fans don't appear in CUE, but I connected the leftmost port of the radiator to a port in the Link hub and the rightmost port to the other port in the hub.

23 hours ago, CptCoral said:

but I connected the leftmost port of the radiator to a port in the Link hub and the rightmost port to the other port in the hub.

That’s the error and a common one. You have the AIO connected twice and the fans not at all. The radiator ports are for the pump top. The fans need their own connection. Think of  the radiator as a passthrough port in the chain of pump and fans. One end may come from or go to the hub, but the other port needs to connect to the fans. 

It needs to be hub -> radiator -> fans

or hub -> fans -> radiator.

The two “channels” on the hub are for separate power handling   You don’t need to link them together.  In theory you could put fans on one channel and the AIO on the other — two separate circuits. The software then allows you to virtually re-arrange them. 

See if this helps. Go down to the part about the CUE system hub installation. 
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/explorer/diy-builder/cpu-coolers/icue-link-h100i-h115i-h150i-h170i-rgb-aio/#p-data-block-keybw1mgsystem-hub-installationp

Edited by c-attack

I didn't notice the port on the side of the fan, but after I connected the cables in the same way as the manual described, iCUE still cannot detect both the fans and the pump.

Try re-running the “set up wizard” from the CUE link device page. It is supposed to happen automatically on power on, but sometimes does not. 

99% of these are new setup errors or occasionally a bad link cable. If you have an extra link cable, you can try swapping it out. 

18 minutes ago, c-attack said:

99% of these are new setup errors or occasionally a bad link cable. If you have an extra link cable, you can try swapping it out. 

I've swapped the cable that connected the radiator to the fan with the other short cable, but it had the same result.

Also, I'm sorry for not saying this in the first post, but I've run the setup 4 times before you asked me that.

Are there any more causes to this?

• Solution

Go ahead and start a Support Ticket.  There's no way for any of us to be sure about the cause of the problem.  However, over the 9 months this product has been live, nearly all issues of this type have been user install errors or a bad cable.  You've tried a different hub, you do have some functionality with it, but it's not picking up all the devices. It's not going to be some type of unique software error that only affects you.  All I can recommend is looking at a lot of online videos to see how they have connected things.  

Don’t worry about the “likes” and “is your question solved stuff”. It’s not important. 

One thing that might help is if you upload a couple pictures of the connections so we can see the cable from hub to radiator to fans. I know it seems like I’m pestering you about this, but it is the problem on so many of these and many very experienced users have done the same on the first setup. When the hub is bad or there is a software error, you won’t see the hub and half the devices. Nothing would show. That’s the strongest clue this has to be wiring — either wrong ports or bad cable. 

Edited by c-attack

I already filled the ticket, I tried every combination of usb port (including rear ones), PCIe power cable from the PSU and the connections with the Link cables.

Thank you for solving all my doubts, but I think something is wrong in the cooler and I will return it. I hope you have a nice day :D

• 3 months later...

Hi, i am having the same problems.

Al fans spinning, but no rgb.

One side of the hub has 7 fans, the oher has the AIO, and the 3 fans. 

I hear the pum run, but nor rgb. Lighted only one time, and gone.

Its not in the hub, bexause i have 3 of them, tried them all, bit all do the same, also tried different usb ports on the mb, but no succes. I think its in the pastrough on the radiator, but dont know for sure. Hope you already have your answer from corsair.