Corsair Community

iCUE LINK H150i RGB 360mm - Pump lights up but fans wont light or spin.

I've got a brand new build with the follow:

TLDR: iCUE LINK H150i RGB 360mm - Pump lights up but fans wont light or spin.

Full info below:

• **CPU** | [Intel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz 24-Core Processor]
  • **CPU Cooler** | [Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT 65.57 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler]
  • **Motherboard** | [Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard]rog-strix-z790-e-gaming-wifi) | $485.14 @ Amazon 
  • **Video Card** | [Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card]
  • **Memory** | [Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory]
  • **Storage** | [Western Digital Black SN850X 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive]
  • **Storage** | [Western Digital Black SN850X 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive]
  • **Case** | [Corsair iCUE 5000T RGB ATX Mid Tower Case]
  • **Fans** 7X - | [iCUE LINK QX120 RGB 120mm PWM PC Fans Starter Kit with iCUE LINK System Hub]

I've connected everything per the instructions including the iCue LINK System Hub. I have 6 Fans connected to the "left" side of the Hub and the AIO and 1 Fan connected to the "right" side. 

When I turn the system on only 6 of the fans turned on (on the "left" side) of the Hub. The AIO Pump lights up but the Fans do not spin or light up. 

I've tried switching the side of the cables and the moving the 6 Fans to the right and the AIO and 1 fan to the left. The same problem exists. The 6 Fans moved to the right side of the hub now light up but the AIO Pump only lights...none of the fans light or spin.

I then connected the single fan in line with the 6, effectively 7 fans on either the left or right side of the hub. All 7 will light up. The AIO pump lights but the fans will not...

As this is a new build I don't have Windows or any software installed and, although unlikely, I'm not going to take a chance of any heat build up due to lack of CPU cooling. 

I'm not sure what else to try... 

• 3 months later...

i have the same problem, connect the fans of the AIO to the radiator as the manual says and then to the hub, and the 3 fans above to the other connector of the hub and the fans rotate but without RGB and are not recognized by icue software, change cables and others and nothing happens, it was supposed to be plug and play easy.

i have the same problem, connect the fans of the AIO to the radiator as the manual says and then to the hub, and the 3 fans above to the other connector of the hub and the fans rotate but without RGB and are not recognized by icue software, change cables and others and nothing happens, it was supposed to be plug and play easy.

Two things you can try.

1) Run the detection wizard from the lower left corner of the Link Hub device tab in CUE.  That should force a re-detect.

2) If it does not work, you can try the power cycle version.  Shutdown the PC and then flip the PSU off.  Hold down the case power button for 15-20 seconds to drain the residual power, then flip the PSU back on and start normally.  See if that corrects the issue.

If neither works, start a support ticket with Corsair through the link at the bottom of this page or through the main website.  There are a few issues with the CUE Link hub in this release and the cause is not clear.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is your issue or not but thought I would post my story...

I had the exact same issue - all other fans work, the pump works, but the AIO fans do not light or spin.

For me, the problem was with the unclear instructions.

There are three sockets on the main part of the AIO radiator:

• A USB connection - that goes to the motherboard;
  • An iCue Link connection - that goes to one side of the Hub;
  • Another iCue Link connection - that goes to where...?

The anwser is - it needs to go to the AIO radiator fans using the short right-angled link connector. In other words, you have to connect the AIO radiator to "itself" - to the fans connector on the end of the fans.

Perhaps I'm a bit thick but that wasn't immediately obvious from the instructions. I guess it's because really although you are buying a single AIO package, what it really is, is a pump and radiator, supplied as a package with three ordinary QX120 fans screwed to it.

Edited by Stu Smith

• 3 months later...