Corsair Community

Commander Pro No Longer Detecting Fans or XD5 After Upgrade to v5.1 - still not working after downgrade to v4.33.138

p2im0

[X-posted my comment from the Release Notes Thread]

I have a Commander pro, corsair fans attached, and an XD5 attached.  Everything has worked fine for 2+ years.

I just updated iCUE in place to 5.1 and it lost all fans and my XD5 connected to my commander pro.  I have a separate flow sensor/alarm that immediately started going off when my pump stopped spinning.

I cannot seem to get the new iCUE to detect my fans or pump.  When I force a firmware update on my commander pro they're detected for a second and I get a message "iCUE has updated 1 module: COMMANDER PRO" and then they disappear and my pump stops working again.

I just downgraded to  v4.33.138 and I now have the same issue. No voltage reported, all fans and pump missing from my Commander Pro.  They spin up full speed for a second when I force a Commaner Pro firmware update and then disappear from the app.

NOW WHAT?!

Screenshot2023-05-08194835.thumb.png.ea3d91cae266cd73d0b248d802c0e97d.pngScreenshot2023-05-08195140.png.7d8884dc31bd305c96f736cedbda719d.png

Fans  & Pump show up for 5 seconds after a force of firmware update on commander pro

Screenshot2023-05-08195235.thumb.png.0a425d1c8c259591baf5f2b14aee9b77.png

Not working on v4.33.138, after the in-place upgrade to 5.1

Screenshot2023-05-08201547.thumb.png.0a788ef49e14e443cb005a2f887b6257.png

GIF of what happens when I update firmware in v4 iCUE.  Some fans show up for a second and poof, disappear again. (sped up the firmware update time to fit as a GIF)

Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp.gif

Same thing , I lost all my sensors.  It looked like they had some new add-on for the Sensors... then it looked like it was updating the add-on, but the icon just kept spinning and nothing happened and now there is nothing showing at all under Sensors.  This software just went from great to crap in one update.

FYI the way I ended up fixing this was disabling "CorsairLink and Asetek support" in HWINFO64.  I'm not sure how it got re-enabled, but doing that in combination with hard-reset the Commander Pro, and completely wiping out iCUE and all settings and I have it working again.

Still frustrating.

• Like 1

Unfortunately that is a common result when running AIDA or HWinfo at same time as CUE and they get entangled fighting over polling. In hwinfo you can directly disable monitoring of Corsair internal devices (fan controllers, AIOs, PSU) and you should be fine. AIDA tends to be a bit trickier. You may still see some impossible values reported in either program on occasion. Anytime you see 0s, missing UI elements, or ridiculous values you most likely are seeing a software conflict. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 7:10 PM, p2im0 said:

FYI the way I ended up fixing this was disabling "CorsairLink and Asetek support" in HWINFO64.  I'm not sure how it got re-enabled, but doing that in combination with hard-reset the Commander Pro, and completely wiping out iCUE and all settings and I have it working again.

Still frustrating.

This Just fixed it for me too. I just bought a commander pro for a decent price on eBay and was scared I got ripped off with a defective unit. I already had to turn off the Corsair monitoring from HWINFO64 because it was affecting my lighting but I did not disable it, just turned off the monitoring. Now my commander pro is working. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

I just updated to Corsair v5 tonight and it overheated my PC for hours, I couldn't use it. All fans on the Commander Pro would only run at about 50% of normal speeds even at MAX RPM settings. Max on my QL120's would run at 900-1,000 rpm. I lost my system entirely because I was just watching a movie and I randomly looked down to see my Kraken X73 showing a blood red LED color showing overheating but it was too late. According to CAM, my 7900X, which is heavily overclocked, was sitting at 95C for a VERY long time before I ever noticed the issue. All the fans were completely stopped at 0 RPM for only God knows how long before I crashed the first time. I later found out they would only run at around 50%-60% RPM. My silent/low-RPM fan curve wasn't working when the fans were set to 700 RPM. The fans would just shut off entirely. Max RPM only registered 900-1000 RPM. I couldn't use my PC due to this afterwards until I took off my side panels and used a box fan to blow into my front radiator so I could log in long enough to debug and uninstall iCUE. Once uninstalled, fans ramped right back up like they have been sitting for over 3 years. I reinstalled iCUE v4.33 and it's running flawlessly. Corsair severely botched this update. Firmware updates also do not work for me in v5. I literally had my PC cooked tonight because of Corsair. They are about to get dropped like stolen good at this point.

Edited by SNIPEYOPIPE