Corsair Community

Several issues with updated iCUE program

Rasler1770

Hello, 

I don't know if this topic should go here or iCUE troubleshooting or somewhere here.

I got the Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite for my birthday since it was rated as they best MMO mouse from everything I could find and needed a new mouse. Once I got it, the mouse was amazing, worked great, easy to setup and use.

However, I took a break from playing on my computer for about a month or two then came back and it seems the iCUE program has been updated and now it is awful. I am going to list the issues I now have below. 

I can no longer remap the profile button even though I could before. I only require one profile so this button is now at least useless to me and at most very annoying if I accidentally switch profiles. (more on this below) 

There are four base profiles that the iCUE program has for the mouse. Originally, I deleted them except for one and made that one how I needed it and it was never an issue. Now, if I delete these profiles, they always come back when I either shut down, reboot, or put my computer to sleep and wake it up again. As I mentioned above since I can not remap the profile button I now accidentally switch profiles often and when I do I remember I have to open iCUE again and delete the profiles again. 

Also, in each default profile there are several DPI profiles with several DPI settings you can change within them. I have the same issue as with the default profiles with these DPI profiles. I only need one so I set one to the settings to what I require and deleted the other DPI profiles. Then, if I shut down, reboot, or put my computer to sleep and wake it up, those DPI profiles are all back. This is only slightly less annoying because I can remap the DPI profile button. 

I have tried reinstalling the program but that did nothing to fix the issue. I have also messaged support but it took a week for them to get back to me on just my initial email and gave me nothing helpful to go off of from that initial interaction so I wanted to bring these issues up here and see if anyone who uses these forums also has dealt with these issues and know a fix. 

This is a huge issue and makes this mouse so frustrating to deal with and this, around 65 dollar mouse, less useful than my old 20 dollar mouse I had before and I am thinking about just buying a different mouse and use that one because this is so annoying. 

23 hours ago, Rasler1770 said:

no longer remap the profile button even though I could before

Several other users have noted this. It’s a bug they need to correct. 

23 hours ago, Rasler1770 said:

Now, if I delete these profiles, they always come back when I either shut down, reboot, or put my computer to sleep and wake it up again

Are you referring to your “hardware profiles”?  These usually have names like Scimitar RGB Elite HW1, HW2, HW3.  If so, they are stored on the mouse and the program is automatically loading each time because that’s the way you interact with them. Same thing in the DPI and it’s HW DPI 1-3. There no much point in deleting them since they repopulate, but since you only need 1 profile there’s no reason to worry about them either since they are preventing you from getting to your other profiles. 

If these profiles are something else, can you show us a screenshot?