Corsair Community

I have a Corsair 1600i PSU. Where can I get longer 28-pin ATX and 8-pin EPS 12V cables? 600/650mm are too short, need >=100cm longer.

I have a Corsair 1600i PSU, which is awesome, but routing the cables through the hide-away back on my Corsair 1000D case (which is also awesome, mostly) isn't working out due to PSY cable lenngth on 3 cables.  Where can I get longer 28-pin ATX (NOT 24-pin) and 8-pin EPS 12V cables.  The 600mm (28-pin, NOT 24-pin) cable and two 650mm (EPS 12V) cables that came with the PSU are too short; I need at least 100cm longer on each (1x ATX, 2x 12V).  I'd really rather not use extension cables, as I don't need that much extra length, and I can't even find 28-pin ATX extensions, only 24-pin.  I've searched Corsair.com, amazon, and google with no luck.  Thanks in advance for any leads.

uh... where do you have 28 pin motherboard connectors? the universal standard is 24.

If you talk of the two connectors on the PSU side, they are not what defines the cable. this side is up to the manufacturer to be whatever they want

the AX1600i uses corsair type 4 cables, so you could look into custom cables, like cablemod, to be made to the length you need.

Thanks for your reply and for prompting me to clarify my request.

My Corsair AX1600i has 28-pin ATX output, and the cable and my Asus Rog Maximus Z790 Hero has a 24-pin ATX connector  The PSU comes with a 28-pin to 24-pin cable, which is split into one 18-pin and one 10-pin on the PSU side .  I believe this is type 4.  So, correcting my original request, I need a 24-pin to 28-pin ATX connector of 700mm or more.  I'll check cablemods, thanks for the lead.

[ The 4 extra pins versus 24-pin are for voltage sense wires. They read the voltage at the end of the cable and report back to the PSU. It's becoming more and more common on high end PSUs these days, but there's a blog from Corsair explaining it. https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/blog/Explanation-of-RMi-New-Type-4-Cables which is now 404, but the wayback machine has the last saved version from October 2022.  ]

they make extensions or cable replacements. what you want is cable replacement for corsair type 4. these come as your current type 4 cable, with 24 on one end and a split 28 at the other

Thanks.  I've asked them how to order just that, as the configurator doesn't explicitly show it's 28-24pin, or specifically for the AX1600i PSU.   I definitely want a replacement rather than an extension.