Corsair Community

iCUE v5.1.1113 Release Notes

Technobeard

11 hours ago, Tunza42 said:

Nice.  This is totally a thing that the average user should be expected to know how to do to get their products working :P.  According to Corsair anyway.

I'm honestly wondering if there was a mass layoff over the last few years that resulted in an almost complete change-over of their software engineering team, and they are basically trying to rebuild iCUE piece by piece with each update. I've used Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, and Roccat macro software over my lifetime and I've never seen a product break so often.

@Sojourner1 & @Tunza42

This is from the release notes for the first release of ICUE 5 (version 5.0.147)

With the latest update to iCUE, we have changed how iCUE will be installed and updated. With iCUE’s new modular infrastructure, it will no longer consist of a single large package. Instead, users will be downloading a very small installer that, when started, will uninstall existing versions of iCUE and automate the downloading and installation of the nessesary modules.

To address the previous experience of iCUE having a large footprint (3+ GB), we have streamlined the experience by only installing what is required to support your products. For example, if iCUE only detects a K100 RGB Air Wireless keyboard, then the software will only download two modules: iCUE Core and the K100 RGB Air Wireless module.

As a result, iCUE will no longer need to host the files to support products you currently do not own yet and will now only take up a fraction of the hard drive space compared to previous versions.

If in the future, you add more iCUE products for your setup, iCUE will automatically detect them and install the additional modules you need for the products to be fully supported. Users will also be able to choose and install specific third-party plugins from our partners that share our ecosystem.

You can't have it both ways, users have been complaining about ICUE's bloat for years and Corsair has addressed this issue.

@Technobeard has linked the release notes for the current version (this - v5.1) in the first post of this thread but (as expected) omits the information provided in the previous version (v5.0.147) where this major change occurred. One possible improvement would be to highlight that there was a significant change with the advent of this major version release (like the marking of v4.29.201 as BETA). Most software programmers would assume that significant changes are afoot when the major version changes for a software product though.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BlaiseP said:

@Technobeard has linked the release notes for the current version (this - v5.1) in the first post of this thread but (as expected) omits the information provided in the previous version (v5.0.147) where this major change occurred. One possible improvement would be to highlight that there was a significant change with the advent of this major version release (like the marking of v4.29.201 as BETA).

Good idea. I've asked that we add the Modular Installation note to the top of the next couple of forum release notes.

On 5/6/2023 at 6:54 AM, riinkratt said:

"broke" my HS80

icue no longer recognizes my headset the wireless receiver blinks red and does not show it paired with the headset, even though the headset works and i can hear audio and control pc volume....RGB for headset is just white. cannot 'pair' headset from inside icue with the slipstream wireless. so it "works" but it doesn't work...tried both unplugging, plugging both in to usb and following pairing prompts inside icue...nothing. 

still has issues detecting k95 platinum keyboard. sometimes it recognizes it, sometimes it doesn't and i have to go thru task manager, end icue, and restart..

I just updated to 5.1.1113 and I'm getting the exact same thing. I just uninstalled iCue and I'm about to reinstall it as well as reset it. 

I installed the new 5.1 update, only for it to revert itself back to 4.33.138

Tried several times now, even using a 3rd party uninstaller, which deletes residual files... Still reverts to the old v4. And when checking for updates, it says i have a v5 update available, but it never updates to it, even after restarting.

https://i.imgur.com/Nhn2sKb.png

for those using  Corsair branded DDR4 ram specifically, maybe wait for the next update if you're still on iCUE4. The bug doesn't appear all the time, but better be safe than sorry as the saying goes.

It should come shortly from what they say.

Edited by LeDoyen

That really needs to be at the top of these forums as well.  I am not sure why it's not.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, c-attack said:

That really needs to be at the top of these forums as well.  I am not sure why it's not.  

Agreed as it also appears iCue 5 has been pulled from the download section now , latest now is 4.x

Would really like some info from Corsair on this as although I don't currently have any issues and don't have the XMP option in iCue as per the Reddit post I do have DDR 4 Dominators currently.

Bug report :

Product : Dark Core RGB Pro.

iCue v5.1.1113

Windows 11 (fully updated)

The mouse enters "sleep mode" even when plugged in with USB cord. didn't happen with prior versions 4.x.

On 5/13/2023 at 6:57 AM, c-attack said:

I was coming here to ask why it's gone. I've got the last 5.x download and was about to install it, but I thought I'd double check if there was a newer version first. Now I'm concerned that it's gone with no explanation why and I'm scared to install the one I have in case it's going to break something badly. If Corsair is reading this, please replace the 5.x download link with at least a note explaining why it's pulled. Doesn't even have to go into great details, just something like "Removed in order to resolve issues" would be enough. As it is we're just guessing.

14 hours ago, skrybe said:

I was coming here to ask why it's gone. I've got the last 5.x download and was about to install it, but I thought I'd double check if there was a newer version first. Now I'm concerned that it's gone with no explanation why and I'm scared to install the one I have in case it's going to break something badly. If Corsair is reading this, please replace the 5.x download link with at least a note explaining why it's pulled. Doesn't even have to go into great details, just something like "Removed in order to resolve issues" would be enough. As it is we're just guessing.

lol, i cant even upgrade to v5, as neither reconnecting or reinstalling the software seems to do anything. Hell, it even throws in a error now and refuses to find my keyboard all of a sudden.

JpmnISD.png

29 minutes ago, Dajova said:

lol, i cant even upgrade to v5, as neither reconnecting or reinstalling the software seems to do anything. Hell, it even throws in a error now and refuses to find my keyboard all of a sudden.

JpmnISD.png

That's because, corsair pulled V5.  Due to bugs