Corsair Community

Corsair 5000X/5000D/5000D Front Bezel Break

Hey,

I purchased a pre-built machine a while ago with this case, unfortunately, on arrival, the front bezel had snapped off and a few bits of plastic from where it popped in had been scattered into the case.
This was disappointing but thankfully they got me a new front bezel and I was able to pop this back on.

I'd noticed that it still felt very unstable, although the front was popped in, it would sometimes come out simply by removing the front glass. A week ago whilst moving the PC the front bezel broke in the exact same way that it was on arrival. I've now ordered one directly from the site myself and I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. I've noticed that there are two screws in the product picture which I had no idea about the first time around, but looking at the bezel and the case itself I'm really unsure of where these would go and from what I've read online many people are saying it just pops in.

Is this just something I'm going to have to be ridiculously careful with in the future? I feel like it's worth noting that I am careful whilst moving this PC, but with the bezel being a part that contains the front legs of the case the slightest drag at all whilst picking up the machine seems to be enough to break it off completely. 

I'm hoping that there's a place for this to screw in and I can slap myself and fix the issue but feel like it's worth an ask.

Any help would be massively appreciated, I think the case looks fantastic, I just don't want to be feeling on edge any time the system needs moving around. 

Thanks,
Vii

• Corsair Employee

Hey,

I purchased a pre-built machine a while ago with this case, unfortunately, on arrival, the front bezel had snapped off and a few bits of plastic from where it popped in had been scattered into the case.
This was disappointing but thankfully they got me a new front bezel and I was able to pop this back on.

I'd noticed that it still felt very unstable, although the front was popped in, it would sometimes come out simply by removing the front glass. A week ago whilst moving the PC the front bezel broke in the exact same way that it was on arrival. I've now ordered one directly from the site myself and I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. I've noticed that there are two screws in the product picture which I had no idea about the first time around, but looking at the bezel and the case itself I'm really unsure of where these would go and from what I've read online many people are saying it just pops in.

Is this just something I'm going to have to be ridiculously careful with in the future? I feel like it's worth noting that I am careful whilst moving this PC, but with the bezel being a part that contains the front legs of the case the slightest drag at all whilst picking up the machine seems to be enough to break it off completely. 

I'm hoping that there's a place for this to screw in and I can slap myself and fix the issue but feel like it's worth an ask.

Any help would be massively appreciated, I think the case looks fantastic, I just don't want to be feeling on edge any time the system needs moving around. 

Thanks,
Vii

Give me just a few minutes to review this and I will be happy to assist.