Corsair Community

COOLIN PROBLEMS WITH H150i iCUE 360mm RGB PRO!

Two years ago i bought the H150i iCUE 360mm RGB PRO! I used this AIO with iINTEL i9-10850K and AMD Ryzen 9 5900X with out any issues everything was perfect windows operation or gaming respectively. The AIO set up was at the front with push and pull configuration with six corsair fans! A month ago I bought Intel Core i9-13900KF!   I use my existing kit for 1200 socket for 1700 socket and everything works fine with 60 to 70 degree during the gaming. After a few days I faced temperature problems with up to 100 degree! I had 52-56 degree in window environment and more than 100 degree in gaming. A friend of me advised me to order the retrofit kit for 1700 socket CW-8960091! I set up the new kit but I still I have the same problem! What is going? Do I have problems with the pump sensor or do I have air in the radiator...!!!!

My set up:

WIN11

13900kf

MSI Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR5

RAM CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32GB DDR5 CMT32GX5M2B5600C36

SUPPHIRE TOXIC 6900XT AIO

• Corsair Employee

First just to be clear the H150i RGB Pro cooler is not compatible with the LGA1700 socket, or the LGA1700 retrofit kit. 

Have you tested the cooler on the previous systems to see if the issues persist when the cooler is being used on a socket that it is compatible with?

Hi,

Yes its compatible! At least I check it and all screws fit perfect. The Coldplate it touches the cpu upper surface leaving no space, how I know it? After the test, removing the coldplate I  checked the thermal paste. That is why I m wondering what is going on! No I didnt check it because I sold my previous system. But I can check it through a friends system who has the same system that I used to have. I will come back to you.  Thank you very much  

the screw spacings are the same between LGA1200 and 1700, but the CPU IHS is almost a milimeter lower on LGA1700. It may squeeze the paste a bit, but may not apply enough pressure to properly cool the CPU.

Maybe what you're experiencing is just the paste squeezing out with time, or the pump not being perfectly flat against he CPU because of the tubes pulling on it, combined with weak mounting pressure.

Yes it fits, but no, it's not compatible.

please don´t forget that the 13900K is more powerfully and produce so perhaps more temp 😉

Check also your CPU-OC settings, perhaps you should decrease these.

LeDoyen

The new system with i13900kf, used to work perfect, I have video with temperatures that prove it. After a while about a week the problem pop ups. After that I order LGA1700 retrofit kit with screws , 1 mm lower than the original one to cover the gap!  Now I m experience high temp issues! Its strange...anyway I will check the AIO with a friends system which is the same as the one I used to had. Thank you for your valuable time.

one week soulns a bit like squeeze-out time for the paste honestly.

It could also be that you're facing issues due to the coldplate not being made for 12 and 13th gen. The die is a lot longer, so the new AIOs have a longer fin stack.

When you do a load test, do you have some cores fairly "cool" and others a lot hotter ? 

Even if contact is working fine, that's one problem you may face with an older model AIO : a big disparity in core temps.

7 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

one week soulns a bit like squeeze-out time for the paste honestly.

It could also be that you're facing issues due to the coldplate not being made for 12 and 13th gen. The die is a lot longer, so the new AIOs have a longer fin stack.

When you do a load test, do you have some cores fairly "cool" and others a lot hotter ? 

Even if contact is working fine, that's one problem you may face with an older model AIO : a big disparity in core temps.

Ok. I will keep in mind what you said.  When I go for the test I will check all cores to see how they react in the matter of temp. I will check it with MSI AFTERBURNER app!

I will post the results..

Thank you