Corsair Community

PSU SF750, Need wire size of GPU Cable

Go to solution Solved by LeDoyen,

I'm working on a itx build & ran into a problem with the GPU cable, it's not a 8 pin, it's a 6 pin. The SF 750 GPU cable is a 8 pin with a dual end with 2  6+2's jumpered together. I wanted a SF750 for future builds so I went bigger than needed. I am not a gamer but a photographer / creator & don't have a need for a massive GPU, I went with a EVGA 1650 Super (6 pin) for my needs. Corsair probably doesn't give you that option for a 8 pin 6+2 because who would use a 1650 with a 750 PSU, I could be wrong, just my thoughts.

I need to purchase a 6 pin to 6 pin (if they even make those, can't seem to find one) or a 8 pin to 6+2 so I can just discard the +2 to the side. Don't really want to see that little pigtail hang out to the side since I have a glass panel so if I can purchase a 6 pin to 6 pin that would be great. Just need to match the wire size for the GPU cable that goes with the SF750, does anyone know what the wire size is? 

If I go to CableMod and have them make one can I order a 6 pin to 6 pin and would it work? I think so but have to ask. 

Thanks for reading my post. 

• Solution

the GPU will always connect to a 8 pin socket on the PSU. the 6 pins ones have all sorts of voltages, and different pinouts.

but if you take a corsair sleeved PCIE cable like those

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/premium-individually-sleeved-pcie-cables-with-single-connector-type-4-generation-3-config/p/CP-8920172

.. or a cablemod cable, not a custom one, just a PCIE for corsair type 4 PSU they have in catalog, you can pull the +2 bit all the way back to the PSU, bundle it there and hide it out of sight.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated.