Corsair Community

iCUE v4.31.168 Release Notes

Corsair Nick

Experiencing daily/nightly iCUE crashes with v4.31.168. I get a weird error about OpenGL when I try to start iCUE after it crashes. I have to start iCUE a second time before it will open again, or restart my PC. If I remember to grab a screenshot next time, I'll come back and add it here. I've uninstalled my GPU drivers with DDU and reinsatlled the current version (RTX 4090 FE) hoping that maybe some OpenGL component was missing, didn't fix it. I've also done a full uninstall and reinstall of iCUE (including deleting cache, AppData, and registry settings) and this also hasn't helped. It's random and happens even while my computer is  just sitting overnight without being used. Or I could be in the middle of something while I'm using my PC. No crashes before this latest update.

56 minutes ago, sirjmann92 said:

Experiencing daily/nightly iCUE crashes with v4.31.168. I get a weird error about OpenGL when I try to start iCUE after it crashes. I have to start iCUE a second time before it will open again, or restart my PC. If I remember to grab a screenshot next time, I'll come back and add it here. I've uninstalled my GPU drivers with DDU and reinsatlled the current version (RTX 4090 FE) hoping that maybe some OpenGL component was missing, didn't fix it. I've also done a full uninstall and reinstall of iCUE (including deleting cache, AppData, and registry settings) and this also hasn't helped. It's random and happens even while my computer is  just sitting overnight without being used. Or I could be in the middle of something while I'm using my PC. No crashes before this latest update.

Reinstall your gpu drivers. I’d use ddu to do it but your drivers are messed up or out of date. 

Still waiting to see my MSI Motherboard in iCue...   Maybe instead of working on new stuff like Murals, you could add/fix the stuff that is still broke.  Like MSI and other plugins for iCue that don't seem to work.  Just update/add what ever needs to be done for iCue to detect or display the newer boards.  Or make a integration for openrgb like you guys did with hue and nvidia.  I know there is a openrgb icue plugin, but its buggy.  If OpenRGB and SignalRGB have no problem controlling just about every RGB hardware (including Corsair stuff), then iCue should be able to do that same.

As mentioned in my original post, I've already uninstalled my GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalled them (twice) and I also did a full clean and install of iCUE, and I'm still seeing crashes. When attempting to restart iCUE after crashes, this is the error I get. I have to close this window and then shutdown iCUE and Corsair services or restart my computer before iCUE will start back up again. 

Screenshot 2022-12-20 100856.png

On 12/19/2022 at 5:55 AM, Sojourner1 said:

Chaining actions together with the Second Assignment function no longer works after I updated to this version:

I have the same problem. Stepped back through old versions and 4.27.168 was the last working version: all versions from 4.28.174 onward do not correctly trigger the second assignment. (first key: F14, press; second assignment: F14, release; expectation is F14 is held down as long as the macro key is).

I got 4.27 from https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.27.168_release.msi

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, elusive said:

I have the same problem. Stepped back through old versions and 4.27.168 was the last working version: all versions from 4.28.174 onward do not correctly trigger the second assignment. (first key: F14, press; second assignment: F14, release; expectation is F14 is held down as long as the macro key is).

I got 4.27 from https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.27.168_release.msi

More and more I am having to turn to AutoHotkey to be able to do the things that I used to be able to do with iCUE. Makes me wonder...

10 hours ago, Sojourner1 said:

More and more I am having to turn to AutoHotkey to be able to do the things that I used to be able to do with iCUE. Makes me wonder...

I've been using AHK for more complex scripts and then using the F13+ range to trigger AHK. Problem is the macro keys do need to go through iCUE at least initially, and second assignment is the only way I know of to make it work with a held down key (which is also useful with other things like push-to-talk). There's no way around this breakage except to stay on the older version or hope they fix it soon.

That there hasn't been any response to your original report a week ago ... isn't promising. Maybe things will pick up a bit after the holiday period... one can hope.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, elusive said:

I seemed to remember it was working for me in November when I started playing DOOM Eternal, sure enough I tracked down the iCUE version from that month and it does work: https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.30.162_release.msi.

Edited by Sojourner1

2 hours ago, Sojourner1 said:

I seemed to remember it was working for me in November when I started playing DOOM Eternal, sure enough I tracked down the iCUE version from that month and it does work: https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.30.162_release.msi.

That's interesting, I couldn't get my press-release macros working on 4.30, 4.29 or 4.28.

On 12/16/2022 at 6:27 PM, djbronx said:

Does anyone know if we will be able to use the previous functions for the lights again, or will we be forced to have to use only Murals? I don't like it because it doesn't allow itself to be synchronized well with the hardware. It is as if each one were independent and shines without combining with the other. This is maddening!

I want the old functions back!

This. Please, please devs read this.

The egregious offense in iCUE version 4.31.168 is the removal of the lighting scenes for the updated “Mural” system (see attachment). Specifically, I no longer have access to so many great and simple effects, and instead my color options are severely limited. Unfortunately, I found not only was my profiles and entire customized macro library and key assignments had been reset, but now my PC appearance is poorly limited as well. Perhaps I was supposed to retain my profiles which would have granted me access to the "Scenes" still? Surely wiping all profile settings and removing basic functionality was not intentional.

Is there any way for me to use my previous lighting scene functions? Was this by design? Why remove the awesome “Rainbow Wheel” or “Type Lighting” or many of the other great effects you already programmed??

Please, please return the lighting scene settings as you have had for several years, or let me know what I can do to resolve this. I just truly don't understand, so perhaps this was a terrible oversight or a glitch affecting a small number of users. I will attempt to roll back this abysmal update.

Screenshot 2022-12-26 121236.png

Edited by OneIllMack
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OneIllMack said:

This. Please, please devs read this.

The egregious offense in iCUE version 4.31.168 is the removal of the lighting scenes for the updated “Mural” system (see attachment). Specifically, I no longer have access to so many great and simple effects, and instead my color options are severely limited. Unfortunately, I found not only was my profiles and entire customized macro library and key assignments had been reset, but now my PC appearance is poorly limited as well. Perhaps I was supposed to retain my profiles which would have granted me access to the "Scenes" still? Surely wiping all profile settings and removing basic functionality was not intentional.

Is there any way for me to use my previous lighting scene functions? Was this by design? Why remove the awesome “Rainbow Wheel” or “Type Lighting” or many of the other great effects you already programmed??

Please, please return the lighting scene settings as you have had for several years, or let me know what I can do to resolve this. I just truly don't understand, so perhaps this was a terrible oversight or a glitch affecting a small number of users. I will attempt to roll back this abysmal update.

Screenshot 2022-12-26 121236.png

image.thumb.png.57ec610736d32f96365f0b186cbf8cbb.png

Hi,

After a long time on v3.38 with my Corsair K95 RGB (18 G keys version) i decided to check again to see if my keyboard was supported in v4 of iCue

I now see that the keyboard is supported. I have just downloaded v4.31, a total of 1 gig and when i go to install on my offline audio production studio PC it tries to connect to the internet. If the file is 1 gig why do i need an internet connection surely everything is contained in the installer? Can someone point me to the offline only installers. My music creation PC does not have an internet connection.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:46 AM, doughnuts said:

the file is 1 gig why do i need an internet connection surely everything is contained in the installer? Can

I believe this is to comply with current EU privacy laws. It requires that user consent be affirmatively answered and the response sent back and thus the new “internet required” reaction. Not sure if anyone has a workaround. I can link a slightly older version before the change. 

This version is a piece of ******** we just got the equalizer to work and now its ******** up AGAIN and i dont pay some headset so i can sit down and write all kind of crap in powershell and windows to get it to work, last time it was shown that it WAS Corsair who slepped in class so guess its the case again, Corsair are looking more and more like Microsoft and just make something new for the hell of it not for getting it better bloody i,,ots

this was absolutely terrible on top of ice never working correctly i go and update hopefully to solve the problem and it makes it worse 90% of my pc is from corsair and now i cant talk to any of it and all of my rgb profiles are gone and ice will not open at all. thanks corsair

and apparently ruined the firmware on my k70 and now wont take any update so on top of everything now im out what almost $200. i will never buy another product from this company, nothing but problems over and over and over

I've had to reinstall iCUE as for some reason it refused to work whenever my iCUE Nexus was plugged in. Have done this a couple of times now over different iCUE versions so at least for me there appears to be a weird issue triggered by the Nexus...

That or my luck with them sucks, I've now had two RMA's for it!

• Corsair Employee

We have a new version of iCUE (v4.32.1129) that will be available for download shortly.  Please be sure to update through the setting button in your existing app or visit our download page.  Release notes for the new version are available through the link below:

https://forum.corsair.com/release-notes/icue/