Corsair Community

Bios Update Issue-VENGEANCE i7300 Gaming PC, i9-12900K, RTX 3080 Ti, 2TB M.2, 32GB DDR5-4800

Go to solution Solved by rain6460,

Hello Everyone,

Attached is the message I get each time I've tried to update my bios. I accessed the latest version (E7D251MS.A92) from MSI for the Pro Z690-A WIFI in my build.  Made four attempts with two different properly formatted (Fat32) USB sticks (one 8gb, one 32gb).  Got the same message on each try. Also tried multiple ports on front and back,  including the Flashback port. I only used the M-Flash method on every attempt. After failing four times I was too afraid to try the flashback port (Button) method. Not sure if it matters, but I loaded the usb sticks with both files that came with the update- the update, and the text file.

One source on the internet suggested I get the update directly from Corsair instead of MSI. When I looked, it was as expected, the same version that's currently on my machine (E7D25IZ1.AC5). My original order was placed on October 14th. My machine arrived damaged, so I used the advanced replacement option and received my replacement on November 8th. The most recent update from MSI shown above, was posted on October 17th. Not sure if the one posted at Corsair is possibly newer? if so then I'll just forget about it and leave things as they are. If not then I'm not sure why my attempts to update have failed. FYI, Googling the error message below showed there are others having this same issue. If anyone out there can shed any light on this I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

Jeff

Bios Message_InPixio.jpg

Hello,

Thank you for this response. Maybe it's just me, but is it common knowledge when you buy a pre-built computer, in this case a Corsair, that it's Corsair that provides the Bios updates? I just assumed since I have an MSI motherboard, that they would provide these updates. Silly me!! Well thank goodness my computer didn't try accepting the Bios I got from MSI. Is this VERY IMPORTANT piece of information stated anywhere in the documentation I received with this PC? It probably is but who reads that stuff anyway! LOL. Ok one last question...When it comes to any other system updates on my Vengeance PC, Chipset, audio, video, etc., I should be getting them from you as well? And does this also include updates for my MSI GeForce 3080 Ti video card? Thanks for your time.

Jeff

• Solution

Thank you!😃

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This!  I contacted support and was told that there will be no BIOS update coming from Corsair and I should be able to update using the MSI bios however clearly this is incorrect and I'm getting very annoyed.  If I want to upgrade my Vengeance i7300 to an Intel 13th gen currently I'm stuck

• 3 months later...

MSI bios doesn't work, same issue Get an error unable to start secure flash session. Update will be ignore!!!

The Pro Z690-A WIFI motherboard should be able to take the MSI BIOS updates. The parts used in the Corsair are nothing special that you couldn't build yourself. Why is Corsair blocking these critical updates? Really annoyed!

• 1 month later...

I posted something very similar to this in the other section:

A Corsair rep said that a new BIOS was released, but clearly he was wrong.  I'd love to have a 13th gen CPU on this mobo, otherwise it's just ewaste once I get a different one.  Hopefully someone would buy it, but I wouldn't recommend it since there's no support for it from Corsair.

I do know that I'll never buy another Corsair product ever again since they've pulled this BS.