Corsair Community

Is it possible to run 2 Corsair AIO in the same system?

Ca1ibos

Bought a load of gear for a build last year but 'life' got in the way and the system remains un-built. Would have been able to buy the parts a lot cheaper at todays prices but thats water under the bridge now and Visa card already cleared of the expense. Learnt my lesson not to get ahead of myself and order parts before I am sure I'll have the time to build and use the system. Anywho....

Should be able to put the system together shortly. 5900X on Strix X570, 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB  3600CL18, Strix RTX3090, Corsair Elite Cappellix 360mm AIO with Elite LCD add-on, Commander Core, Commander Pro.

I have a 360mm H150i RGB Pro XT AIO I bought for my brothers build that it turns out I can't use on his system. 

I happened to come across a post on r/pcmods on reddit where someone modded their Palit 3080 with a spare eVGA AIO. It fit under the Fan shroud with the Heatsink removed. They added small heatsinks to the memory etc. No mention of software conflicts but they are probably using a different manufacturers AIO.

I'm not stupid enough to assume that this mod is even physically possible with a Strix RTX3090 and a Corsair H150i Pro XT, but before I even go to the effort of dismantling the card and/or AIO Pump Head, I'd like to know if its even possible from a software standpoint. ie. Will iCUE be able to run 2 Corsair AIO's in the same system concurrently or will their be conflicts.

https://old.reddit.com/r/pcmods/comments/wnm3ji/i_just_aiod_my_grafics_card_installed_evga_hybrid/

From the software's point of view each device plugs into a USB header and is its own device. It's not like the old, old days when devices had to manually have their own address or ID set on like a DB25 serial or parallel channel. However, probably no one has done more than one so it's hard to give you a definitive answer.

You should sell the unused CPU AIO and buy a universal GPU AIO. NZXT makes one but Corsair does not.

i wouldn't want to try an old AIO on a 1500$ card 😛

The fins on the coldplate may not even cover the whole GPU die, even if the coldplate itself would.

On the reddit post the guy undervolts his GPU and still gets 60°C which is like 10° less than on air. Not much benefit already.

On a 3090, pushing close to 400W on a single 360 isn't ideal already on custom loop, so with a weak AIO pump it may prove fiesty.

Thanks folks.

Yeah, I'll probably try and sell the spare AIO instead. Not worth the risk or potential modding headaches.

I just remembered there's the alphacool eiswolf AIO kits as well if you like the AIO route.

otherwise, PCMR custom loop. bragging rights come in the box lol