Corsair Community

Corsair ATX3.0 power supplies Johnny Guru where are you?

JF3122

When will corsair break the radio silence on ATX3.0 power supplies?  Theyre one of the big players in the space and even have the legendary Johnny Guru in house, yet its been a complete blackout about when these important power supplies will be coming.

Wither the Corsair ATX3.0 power supplies??!

Edited by JF3122

I would like to know this too. Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 2022 HX1000i on offer on Amazon hoping that it would support a possible 4080 using a 12VHPWR cable sold separately, but reading here and there it is not enough to have a 1000w or higher but the power supply itself must also support it on the PSU side and in my case there is no required connector. Alas return on Amazon is no longer possible 😞

Well, you never know. Not all AIBs may use that connector. I bet there will still be a majority of 2x8 and 3x8 pin cards even if the founders edition will have the 12VHPWR one.

• Corsair Employee
On 9/19/2022 at 2:02 PM, LainX said:

I bought a 2022 HX1000i on offer on Amazon hoping that it would support a possible 4080 using a 12VHPWR cable sold separately, but reading here and there it is not enough to have a 1000w or higher but the power supply itself must also support it on the PSU side and in my case there is no required connector. Alas return on Amazon is no longer possible 😞

It's a few days since you wrote this, but I wanted to chime in and say that the new 12VHPWR cable we just released will work just fine on your HX1000i, and will even support a 4090 Founders Edition.

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/600W-PCIe-5-0-12VHPWR-Type-4-PSU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920284

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 1:02 PM, Corsair HP said:

It's a few days since you wrote this, but I wanted to chime in and say that the new 12VHPWR cable we just released will work just fine on your HX1000i, and will even support a 4090 Founders Edition.

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/600W-PCIe-5-0-12VHPWR-Type-4-PSU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920284

I had written those notes before the 4090 announcement based on all the news leaks I had found online.

Reading later, the 4090 also requires only 3 x f8pin connectors while the fourth is optional in case of overclocking the board (there is to check then depending on the custom board manufacturer eventually).

Anyway in the end I am glad that such a cable is also compatible with my power supply (in case there is to review the compatibility page for proper reading as the 12+4pin PCI-E 5.0 cable is not listed).

Last hope (request) is that such a cable also comes out white 😅

Edited by LainX

On 9/26/2022 at 1:02 PM, Corsair HP said:

Will it also support 3rd party 4090:s such as the MSI Suprim X or just the FE model of the 4090?

Also, where in Europe can I get this new cable? Preferably in Sweden.

It's crazy that we have all known for some time that the 4000 series is on the way, and have all anticipated power requirements, yet Corsair seem totally unprepared. I don't get it. I mean surely they would want to have the product on the shelves the before the 4000. People are buying power supplies RIGHT NOW, and they are not going to be buying older models. 

7 minutes ago, Pocah said:

. People are buying power supplies RIGHT NOW, and they are not going to be buying older models. 

Well, actually, they are 😛

I still haven't seen any ATX3.0 PSU for sale anywhere to be honest.

And of course Corsair has plans to release ATX3.0 PSUs. They are a .. manufacturer of PSUs.. They just never comunicate in advance, and only announce products when they are launched.

4 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

Well, actually, they are 😛

I still haven't seen any ATX3.0 PSU for sale anywhere to be honest.

And of course Corsair has plans to release ATX3.0 PSUs. They are a .. manufacturer of PSUs.. They just never comunicate in advance, and only announce products when they are launched.

I know a number of people who are not. They are waiting for atx 3.0 to appear. 

There are a number of 3.0 psu's for sale. True, they are mostly for pre-order, but they are at least out there. 

Corsair? Nothing. Silence.