Corsair Community

K100 keyboard randomly starts typing on its own

2 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

@VampiricAlchemist thanks for the feedback.  Can you confirm the other details I requested earlier in the thread:

• Is the Elgato Stream Deck software installed?
  • Do you have an Elgato Stream Deck connected?
  • Do you have any 3rd party controllers connected?  (Xbox, PS, SCUF, etc.)

I have an xbox one controller connected, but no Elgato devices

This is exactly the same type of behavior that I am having instead of music it's the last keys and the keyboard freezes including RGB. I got my keyboard in November so this is like 2 months old and I am from Germany. 
So my assignments are just some macros assigned to Gkeys and disable some keys.  
I have the Corsair K100RGB with the OPX switches.

I have created a ticket on 14. Jan 2023. My ticket Number is 2005875244.

So What I have noticed (and I have also mentioned in the ticket) is that The crashing and freezing only happens with ICUE. 
When ICUE is running in the background it will randomly crash and cause the keyboard to crash. IDK why it happens if the issue is on ICUE or the keyboard itself.  I have used the keyboard for a month without the ICUE software running in the background and it never crashed or froze. There could be a correlation. 

I cant update to a newer version if there is any. 
If the issue is actually in the keyboard please contact me. I will happily exchange it for a new one. 
But I believe it is a software issue maybe with correlation to firmware. 

I am a programming student myself so I am actually interested in the cause. 

Please keep me updated 😄

image.thumb.png.12a7429318320735e62d4f5079925030.png

image.thumb.png.e4c3228cbff99607d9dd663de108ba1b.pngimage.thumb.png.8cb117032665904d4b6e6d148162a555.pngimage.thumb.png.db425723ca8de535adaf9ced8f48a7db.png

I created an user here just to share that I'm having the same issue with a brand new K100 keyboard:

The keyboard starts typing my previous messages like it triggers some sort of macro (it scared the s*** out of me since it happened when I was working), and had to unplug and plug the USB cables of the keyboard to stop that behavior. 
It seems to be also happening right when booting the PC since it also happened when entering my PC Bios (obviously there's no iCue there)

So if the iCue software is not the issue it may be the firmware of the keyboard that iCue doesn't let us to update (probably there's no fix for this from Corsair yet), so to avoid this issue I have to unplug and plug the cables right when turning on my PC and that seems to work so far as workaround.

It is a shame though that we paid a premium to have to deal with this kind of issues. The keyboard is great and all, but this bug is really annoying, so please fix it asap 😕

Have a brand spanking new K100, and just opened a ticket.

Crashing out happenend a few times.

Esp after a longer gaming session. Turn the system off. When I come back, and turn it on, all starts, but the keyboard.

Swapping ports, etc doesn`t work.

Ghost-writes happend during a email, webmail, and I went of out for a few minutes....

And in Word, to see if I could reproduce it. (When I came back after 45 min).

Energy-plan, reset kb etc, no solve yet.

Now waiting on TS to further help me, solve this.

For now, back to my MK.2 SE.

1 hour ago, XIIBerry said:

Esp after a longer gaming session. Turn the system off. When I come back, and turn it on, all starts, but the keyboard.

Ghost-writes happend during a email, webmail, and I went of out for a few minutes....

ALL K100 KEYBOARDS ARE AFFECTED.  its been like this for months, and not all people go to forums and complain, they just return them, also.  others don't even realize that its the keyboard, since support will try to troubleshoot, not knowing, there is no fix.. so consumer wait for months and now, cannot return a product and have to deal with constant issues.  Not sure where conrair's at with this fix, but this issue have been reported months ago.  the Bad firmware was just pulled a week ago, which more than likely the cause of it... regardless, this behavior have been reported even before that firmware was released.  It's a beautiful keybaord, but unfortunately, left an extremely bad experience for me.

On 1/30/2023 at 2:44 AM, XIIBerry said:

As for running without ICUE, it didn`t do the trick for me. (Maybe the ghost-typing, but I didn`t pay attention to that)

After about an hour of gaming, I turned the computer off.

When I started it up later, everything, but a keyboard. Had to replug it a few times, to get it back up, and running.

If there is no followup today/tomorrow from TS, I`ll return the board, as it`s still in it`s 30 days purchase period.

To be continued.

• Corsair Employee
2 hours ago, VampiricAlchemist said:

Hey, so did everyone having the issue with ghost typing turn off the macro setting on their wheel. That fixed it for me (for the last few days) I never touched my wheel. but it was still doing it until I disabled that

Default profile > Control Wheel > Macro Recording <-- Turn this off. Think its a bug with this somehow.

Can you confirm if you are still running iCUE in the background or not?  If so, try saving the profile you created to the K100 Device memory under device settings, and see if the macro recording occurs still.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Can you confirm if you are still running iCUE in the background or not?  If so, try saving the profile you created to the K100 Device memory under device settings, and see if the macro recording occurs still.

Heyo, I am still running iCUE in the background (just in case was my thought) and I have already saved it to the keyboard. Do you want me to test it out, by closing iCUE? and see if it still happens then?

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
8 hours ago, VampiricAlchemist said:

Heyo, I am still running iCUE in the background (just in case was my thought) and I have already saved it to the keyboard. Do you want me to test it out, by closing iCUE? and see if it still happens then?

If you could try it with iCUE completely closed and exited out of (not running in background), it would be good to see if there are any behavior differences, or if it is completely resolved.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Elakah said:

Same issue here! Even typing out this post was difficult.

3 hours ago, Lamindra said:

Same problem with random typing on a brand new K100.

Very disappointing...

Check my post above and see if that helps. (after unplugging and re-plugging your keyboard if its currently ghost typing)

On 2/1/2023 at 3:42 AM, Corsair Nick said:

Hey, so did everyone having the issue with ghost typing turn off the macro setting on their wheel. That fixed it for me (for the last few days) I never touched my wheel. but it was still doing it until I disabled that

Default profile > Control Wheel > Macro Recording <-- Turn this off. Think its a bug with this somehow.

Does not work for me 😕

• Sad 1

I have tried all the possible "solutions" on this topic ESC factory reset, re install, checked recordings, force update, etc. However I'm still experiencing the same issue described where the keyboard press keys by itself, I can't even press any key cuz it acts as a tab, the model of my keyboard is the: K100 RGB ch-912A01A-NA.  ICUE v.4.33.138 & Firmware v1.11.39

On 8/25/2022 at 7:32 PM, Corsair Crimson said:

hi!

That certainly is unusual, sorry for this issue you are having. Rather than only unplugging the device, did you try resetting the entire keyboard?

To clear the onboard memory, hold the ESC key while plugging in the USB keyboard connector (S then T), then release the ESC key after two seconds. The keyboard will then power on normally and be reset to factory defaults.

It's seriously been since AUGUST, and you guys haven't done ****.

Come on, fix this........

• Thanks 1

I've had two keyboards returned, for typing on it's own. Typing my passwords on places where they shouldn't. Pressing keystrokes while I was playing so I had to unplug and plug in again for it to stop. This has been going on for so long, It's actually horrendous. Just fix this issue already, because I don't understand how ya'll can just watch while this is happening on such a expensive keyboard.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 11:55 PM, VampiricAlchemist said:

I've done this too. and eventually it comes back.

Pain and suffering.

icue 4.33 refuses to run on Windows 7. icue 3.88 doesn't see my k100. After browsing Corsair support forums, latest icue that runs on Win7, icue 4.15 also doesn't see k100. I've been looked down and ridiculed for my OS choice (hey man, "it just works(tm)"), but never before BY A KEYBOARD. This is a new low in my life.

Luckily I haven't typed any passwords or sensitive info with the keyboard attached, but I had the misfortune to press ALT-F4 once. So when I'm gaming not only Corsair malware is jerking my character around with keypresses from before, but also just flat out closes the game when it feels like it, sending me back through 3 unskippable opening videos and a loading screen all the way back to the last checkpoint.

So now this expensive, perfect gaming hardware, clickety mechanical keys, comfy soft wristpad, convenient USB passthrough for the mouse, has to collect dust on a shelf. Thank you for reading my blogpost. Pain and suffering.

• Sad 1

I have the same type issue mentioned by others in this topic--ghost typing, ghost clicking, interference with audio, inconvenience and aggravation. I have tried the temporary fixes mentioned here. Things seem better for an hour or so, and then the random clicks, typing, tab closings and openings, and audio issues start again. I had to use an old keyboard just to be able to type this message. Is the only answer a refund, or will Corsair be able/willing to issue and update to address this bug? I have submitted a ticket an received an email telling me that my request has been received and to expect delays. 

Edited by Rebeljen
spelling error

I also just purchased the K100 because I wanted the best keyboard I can find.  Today, after owning it for about a week the ghost typing started.  I'm trying your suggestion to disable the wheel:  Default profile > Control Wheel > Macro Recording > Off and then the additional recommendation to overwrite/save the profile in ICue.

Once I changed this, the ghost typing has stopped for the moment.  This is good because otherwise I could not have written this post. 

If this doesn't work and there is no other solution provided by Corsair I'll return mine.