Corsair Community

ICUE has a virus?

Hi all,

My system just started reporting a virus - I'm using Windows 11 and built-in Windows Defender. It started this morning when I returned from vacation, the computer has been turned off for a week. I checked the iCUE version it was 4.26.110. I checked the site, noticed 4.27.168, unistalled old one, installed new one, same error.  I presume it's Defender reporting as a false positive, since I've been running iCUE software for a while now. Can someone verify all is ok, are other people with different AV programs receiving same alert?

Andy

Screenshot 2022-08-22 101750.jpg

• Like 1

Same.

This is a new install of windows and this virus alert popped up just as I had installed iCue and started it for the first time.

Just now when refreshed Windows update it installed a new security intelligence update ( Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.373.806.0) and the virus alerts stopped so I guess its fixed (?)

Same happening to me.  Uninstalled and reinstalled iCue, deleted all temp files, and same thing.  Malwarebytes doesn't find any issues, just Windows Defender. 

iCueVirus.png

Hi everyone

My first post, I just joined for this and was somewhat relieved it was found in a google search!

I just installed iCUE and went to change a colour profile and defender did its thing, claiming a trojan.

Lenovo Legion 7i here.

I use Malwarebytes premium in conjunction with Defender (with necessary exclusions set in either of course, but they can run together)

and since MWB finds no problem after scanning the entire appdata folder, I will assume it's a false positive and I told Defender to allow.

Fingers crossed!

Files located in AppData\Local\Temp such as: CUE4fHXlUW{d4dbfc25-3c98-4dd8-aca2-103e8274d3e8} I assume are related to CUE4? Windows Defender detected two of these files on my system today as Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml. Just wondering if they are likely a false positive.

Adding to the pile with a same here. Severe threat notifcation for Trojan:Script/Sabsik.FL.A!ml or Trojan:Script/Sabsik.TE.A!ml in my AppData folder with a CUE4xxxxxxxxxxxx file every few hours since yesterday, just had another one now. Windows Security/Windows 11.

Relieved to find this thread but still pretty concerned until there's confirmation of a false positive

Edited by dorio
added second trojan name

Might as well put my hat in the ring also, I also noticed this fresh out of an install last night, same positive with the wacatac, I manually updated windows and it pulled another security intelligence version, and I noticed it stopped with the false positive, this morning. I closed icue, reopened icue, no more alerts, I then rebooted and it didn't alert me after reboot either, so manually update windows and hopefully it pulls the newer intelligence version and it goes away for you too....lol if it comes back, i'll edit the post. Hope this helps.

• Corsair Employee

@sLOVEnec thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I've escalated this to our validations team to review.

For someone of you, it looks like the KB2267602 (Version 1.373.806.0) update did not resolve the issue like it did for sLOVEnec.  Besides Windows Defender, is there any other software that is detecting a false positive?  If so, please let us know so that we can pass this information on to our development team.

Just adding my hat into the ring. I've got 4 notifications starting a little after 3am this morning and going until about 11:30am. Each time a new name for the CUE......H!ml temp file. Running Windows 10  here but from what I see it doesn't seem to matter whether it's 10 or 11. I just heard this morning about a new MS security update that broke logins for some users... maybe it caused this too? Good ol' MS updates!

yes, suddenly icue gets reported as containing a virus.... a newly detected one. god knows how long corsair been doing this.

it figured, corsair can't be trusted . 

Edited by frizur

I've been having this happen as well. Noticed the pattern of the file path always being "CUE4" in my temp folder. These were all the detections I've gotten so far with my screenshot highlighting the very beginning of it, all being in the same folder and starting with CUE4, so I believe there may be a false positive possibly happening here with the iCUE app. Did a full system scan with both malwarebytes and windows defender and nothing ever showed up. I also did an offline scan twice with defender and got the same result, nothing. However defender has periodically reported this being the issue though for the past two days now.

2022-08-24 03_15_20-f775309932e7010252e6df3263e65ead.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Quick update for all of you.  Thank you for sharing the information and assisting our team with this issue.  Based on our testing, if you are experiencing this issue, please be sure to perform Microsoft Update KB2267602 (Version 1.373.816.0).  This should resolve any issues with iCUE being improperly detected as a virus.

If anyone else experiences other issues related to this, please let us know.

• 1 month later...

FWIW, the most recent iCUE update (Build date of 7th of October) triggered this again.

ml.png

This started flagging while the install was running but yes flagging as of the newest update to icue.

• 4 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 10:23 PM, Corsair Nick said:

@sLOVEnec thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I've escalated this to our validations team to review.

For someone of you, it looks like the KB2267602 (Version 1.373.806.0) update did not resolve the issue like it did for sLOVEnec.  Besides Windows Defender, is there any other software that is detecting a false positive?  If so, please let us know so that we can pass this information on to our development team.

avast paid premium quarantined isolated leonova related isues, de-indtalled Icue, and without it my windows 10 LTSC seems to run fine LoL.

Edited by jackd

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2022 at 23:50, Corsair Nick said:

Actualización rápida para todos ustedes. Gracias por compartir la información y ayudar a nuestro equipo con este problema. Según nuestras pruebas, si experimenta este problema, asegúrese de ejecutar Microsoft Update KB2267602 (versión 1.373.816.0). Esto debería resolver cualquier problema con la detección incorrecta de iCUE como virus.

Si alguien más experimenta otros problemas relacionados con esto, háganoslo saber.

I recently found that when installing Icue several conhost processes run, which makes me totally distrust this program, since searching the internet I have seen that you have to be careful because there are programs that run those processes to mine from your graphics cards...