Corsair Community

iCUE v4.27.168 Release Notes

Corsair Nick

• Corsair Employee
Software Enhancements
  • Corsair virtual playback driver is now WHQL certified
  • Resolved an issue with the Home Page showing a white screen on Windows N platforms
  • Resolved an issue with some info buttons requiring two clicks to open
  • Profile color change no longer stays black if it was previously selected

View full version

Some feedback :-

No option to update in iCue , had to download and install from downloads.

After install and reboot , only RAM was showing and iCue would hang . After 2nd reboot all devices back and no hangs.

Asus GPU's still  not showing up.

Nexus Graph text colours still same colour as background . was not an issue a few builds back.

Would be nice to get an update on the last 2 as they have been an issue for a while , the Nexus issue seems to be self inflicted by Corsair whereas the GPU issue is a change from Nvidia.

• Thanks 1

Question about the previous version, since that forum is closed.
After upgrading to that specific version, i notice when i boot or shutdown my PC - now i get the orange triangle on my LCD display everytime. After loading into windows the orange triangle is gone and temps and LED is showing correctly.
Is this normal behavior ? Should i just roll back to the older version ? 😕

50 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Nexus Graph text colours still same colour as background . was not an issue a few builds back.

This change was implemented with CUE 4.25. You need to stay on 4.24 or earlier to avoid it. 

Any idea on when multiple info screens will be available on the Elite LCD?

Also when will we be able to rotate the whole screen? was supposed to be in 4.25 and as of yet nothing. I don't use GIF's so i don't care that they can be rotated now, i want the whole damn unit to be able to be rotated and be able to rotate the screen to accommodate this.

Seems a complete oversight from Corsair when every other manufacturer does it

Edited by Rossy1981

Sensor widgets added to the Home page - cannot turn off the graph (no option in the pop-up menu). When I upgraded, the sensors for one of my GPU's disappeared necessitating adding them back in . Couldn't turn off the graph off within the widget so now I have a 1080TI with widgets for Temp #1 & Temp #2 showing the graph. All other widgets that remained in place from the previous version still have the graphs turned off.  

How can i do to use a diferent speed cursor in this new version. In the older version (previous to a the big change of the software) Each profile with his own dpi had the cursor configuration allowing different cursor speed per profile (and something very needed.

On 8/16/2022 at 5:12 AM, c-attack said:

This change was implemented with CUE 4.25. You need to stay on 4.24 or earlier to avoid it. 

Where do I find the previous versions? I too find this new "feature" distracting and annoying.

• Like 1

@ArgonVThis is the direct link.  Corsair removes the past versions from the website after the next release.  One reason to download from the website and store the installer for a bit.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.24.193_release.msi

I have one minor issue with this update. The Show Battery Gauge in Notification area option for my M65 Ultra Wireless mouse keeps getting unchecked when unplugging the USB after charging.

will this fix the rgb mem red triangle issue? I'm on the latest mem firmware 

On 8/16/2022 at 10:21 AM, andyvee said:

Some feedback :-

No option to update in iCue , had to download and install from downloads.

After install and reboot , only RAM was showing and iCue would hang . After 2nd reboot all devices back and no hangs.

Asus GPU's still  not showing up.

Would be nice to get an update on the last 2 as they have been an issue for a while , the Nexus issue seems to be self inflicted by Corsair whereas the GPU issue is a change from Nvidia.

After install and reboot , only RAM was showing and iCue would hang . After 2nd reboot all devices back and no hangs. - This keeps happening with this version at random times from cold boot requiring a reset to resolve , not always just RAM showing but drops most of my iCue devices , reset brings them back. Its also slow and eventually hangs / crashes until restart.

To add this never happened before this update and nothing else this side has changed.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:21 PM, kevjtro said:

I have one minor issue with this update. The Show Battery Gauge in Notification area option for my M65 Ultra Wireless mouse keeps getting unchecked when unplugging the USB after charging.

UPDATE: This issue is fixed for me. Don't know how but even at one point my Virtuoso's were doing the same thing but it has since cleared up.

New issue with latest version, 

On every reboot the sensor tab is populated again even if I disabled all of them.

Baio

With the latest update my icue stopped working, i reinstalled it 2 times, repaired it, then it started, stopped and shutdown itself

32 minutes ago, U.Meloncrafter said:

With the latest update my icue stopped working, i reinstalled it 2 times, repaired it, then it started, stopped and shutdown itself

or better said nothing form corsair wokrs right now, not even older versions

With the latest update, weird issue on games like rust that use Steam VOIP, when ever the Microphone is activated the game will freeze for a split second every time VOIP is used, downgrading ICUE to a previous version [4.22.203] fixes this issue. HS60 PROs

After updating, iCue won't even launch. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's completely broken with this new build for me.

Using HS80 RGB WIRELESS with ICUE, playing on the newest World of Warcraft Wrath of the lich king classic release. Audio will crackle and stutter badly. Uninstalling ICUE fixes the issue. Tried new and old versions of ICUE. 

Edited by BakerBoy_

Not sure if this is the fault of the new version of icue, but I'm experiencing a weird fading color issue for completely all components when I try to set up custom colors.

Easiest way to demonstrate this in my case is by going to "scenes" and attempting to set a custom scene with a single static color:
   first select the predefined red (first picture);
   I then select the predefined blue (second image);
   then I cycle back to the same predefined red (third image).
As you can see - the red ends up looking pink.

When I go and set colors for individual components of the machine - I straight away get these washed out / faded colors (not only red).

A short story of how I came to this situation:
I upgraded my PC case from 280X to 7000X (needed more cooling room for the GPU). I swapped my H100i AIO to H150i elite capellix. I added more QL140 and QL120 fans (11fans in total (included the default ones of the AIO)). Since my MB (ASUS maximus gene XI) has only two internal USB2.0 headers - I had to daisy chain my 3 Commanders:
Commander XT (came with 7000X case)   &   Commander Core (came with AIO)  both connected to USB2.0 ports on my older Commander Pro.
The Commander Pro is connected to one USB header on the MB, and the other USB header is used for the PSU connection (HX1200i).
I tried daisy chaining the commanders in different combinations (the XT has an additional USB lead also). i.e. I had two commanders on both MB USB ports and just one commander daisy chained.

All components show up fine in icue and they can all be individually addressed, but I cannot get proper colors - they are all faded like in the third pic.

BTW all devices are on the brightest level and the opacity is not reduced.

Please let me know if I should post this elsewhere and or provide the icue logs.

Thank you.

20220901_223720.jpg

20220901_223729.jpg

20220901_223738.jpg

• Thanks 1

@elfas This is a bug and on the software side and I was able to recreate it easily following your directions.  Nothing wrong with your hardware.  Scenes are a version of the global "Lighting Link" effects so anything that affects every controller and device the same way is probably going to be software.  To avoid this for now, finish the creation of the scene you just created and go back to the main menu.  Once on that screen you can edit the color value.  I have manually cycled through numerous combinations and I do not get the baby pink for red like in the creation screen.  This is some type of error with the preview system but actual displayed color should be OK when used.  

Edited by c-attack

Dear @c-attack,

Thank you for looking into my reported issue. I tried your workaround, and yes - that works. Please note that this bug also applies on color settings when choosing colors for individual components (not just in the "scenes" area ). But yet again - your suggested workaround works here also (so basically the color needs to be chosen first, and then it needs to be reapplied using the correct color code a second time). BUT - I restarted my PC, then I cycled to my newly created theme from another theme via a keyboard shortcut - and the colors reverted back to these faded out colors like in the beginning. Please see two new attached pictures of when I tried your workaround, then rebooted machine, then switched themes via keyboard shortcut.

Thank you for clarifying that this isn't a hardware issue 🙂 Will be waiting for the bugfix in a future icue release.

after workaround.jpg

after reboot.jpg

- The red and green arrow, really wish I can swap those two placement, the first thing I want to look at Home is how my PC working through those Sensors section, the Scenes section It's not like I often change those anyway so I want to move it to bottom, make it swappable like the Dashboard tab.

- The yellow section I square them, not really top priority thing need to do because I saw people with usability problem above, but this doesn't look right at all. The image is over-zoom that make the device image broken, It need to be shrink down like 1/4 of the current size would be fine. I seen people with multiple devices on this section and It doesn't look wrong like this, feel like It happen to people with single device only and It's being overlook.My screenshot

Below is how It suppose to look like, the device image size is right.

I yoink this screenshot from someone else

Edited by MarvelousXT