Corsair Community

Different foam types in earmuffs of corsair void lineup?

qwe304

I have a void wireless headset that I've owned for many years, and an interesting difference with newer models has come to my attention, my headset came with earmuffs containing what I believe to be an open-cell foam. This results in much worse sound isolation, but marginally better breathability, comfort, and sound staging. this was brought to my attention when I purchased a new void elite headset as mine was suffering from major wear and tear, and reduced battery life. Both the new headset and a set of aftermarket replacement pads I bought both have a closed cell foam muff, resulting in much boomyer lows, but which muddy the mids and highs. Ultimately I much preferred the originals, as these gave a remarkably similar sound staging to my open-backed headphones. Is there any place I can buy a set of the earmuffs that came on the original void headsets, shy of trying to find a new-old-stock headset and scavenging it for parts?

• Corsair Employee

Hi qwe304!

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our VOID Wireless earcups, unfortunately we do not sell any spare earcups on our website. Your best bet is to search for third-party earcups that suit your tastes. Hopefully one of our users can lead you to a good pair!