Corsair Community

Commander core xt and fan rgb hub wiring

No RGB Lighting Hub needed with the Commander XT.  There is already one of those baked into the controller, so you can direct connect the 6 RGB connections on one side and up to 6 PWM connectors on the other.  "Pro devices" like the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro still use the RGB Lighting Hub to supply the 5v for fan RGB.  

On 7/25/2022 at 5:29 PM, c-attack said:

No RGB Lighting Hub needed with the Commander XT.  There is already one of those baked into the controller, so you can direct connect the 6 RGB connections on one side and up to 6 PWM connectors on the other.  "Pro devices" like the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro still use the RGB Lighting Hub to supply the 5v for fan RGB.  

yea i know but it doesn't have enough rgb ports for all my fans.

Then you need a second RGB controller, so the question is do you have a “RGB Lighting hub” that has an LED connector for Pro controllers or do you have a Lighting Node Core controller?  The LNCore will have a 9 pin internal usb 2 connector. The RGB hub will not — just SATA and led. 

• 5 months later...

I get lights when using the rgb hub that came with my QL fans but not all LEDs lit. I tested them all on port 1 and LEDs seem to be good. ICUE recognized the fans but they woud not setup. I believe the rgb hub is defective. 

Originally bought a commander core xt for all this but decided to try the included hub first.

None of the lights come on when plugged into the core xt so I checked the ports for voltage and all ports are 5.07v which I thought was correct but the rgb hub shows 12.13v 

Suggestions??