Corsair Community

iCUE v4.26.110 Release Notes

Technobeard

Just came here to find out if theres anything we can do to get RAM usage of iCue lower - it's using 400-500MB with static hardware lighting while minimised to the tray, and it spikes far higher than that if anythings actually enabled

CPU usage is great, especially compared to a few years ago  - but that's a lot of RAM usage

image.thumb.png.877cc444a1539eccf4c9879eba94c302.png

• Like 1

Nexus issue with text and graph colour being the same - bug introduced in previous version - still not resolved.

Please advise if this is being looked into.

Hello

This most recent update has fixed my red !  LCD screen.  I do believe it was a serial number issue.  After I installed new 4.6, I disconnected and then reconnected lcd housing and voila.  Thanks for the fix and I hope now that there are no more issues. 

What else do you do with your RAM? RAM is meant to be used!

On 7/26/2022 at 2:24 AM, Mussels said:

Just came here to find out if theres anything we can do to get RAM usage of iCue lower - it's using 400-500MB with static hardware lighting while minimised to the tray, and it spikes far higher than that if anythings actually enabled

CPU usage is great, especially compared to a few years ago  - but that's a lot of RAM usage

image.thumb.png.877cc444a1539eccf4c9879eba94c302.png

Still got an issue that causes audio stuttering due to high DPC latency of ACPI.SYS i have to close icue before i do any audio work

41 minutes ago, ntzphyr said:

Well not when icue has services running that are no use to me like the audio headset service, this icue uses over a gb of storage too, not acceptable for something that controls lights.

Edited by POE_UK
  • Like 2

what about the RGB freezing issues?

4.26 has broken the corsair audio visualizer again, and this time totally. No matter what i try it no longer works.

This joke has been going on for ever and i am FED UP with it. This was THE function that had me buying more corsair in the beginning of my corsair days but it has been a continuous path of broken every time an update for icue appears.

What the FUDGE are you people doing ? Do you even know yourselves ?

Edited by frizur

On the RAM usage, i've also noticed the new NVbroadcast makes RAM usage skyrocket when a corsair mic is used.

Windows audio graph service shoots up to 1GB+

Logitechs GHUB also uses NVbroadcast on my blue yeti, so this is AMAZING when I connect to discord and this happens:

image.thumb.png.e38bab60d444ee96f3e107d8f4df740b.png

Either program alone kicked up the windows service usage, changing to generic drivers removes it.

Uninstalled iCue and LGHUB and i'm using 3.5GB less ram. This level of bloat is just insane.

This is the 3rd version that does not show the temperature for my Threadripper 2950X.  It shows CPU load, but no temps.  Wish they would fix...

Dark Core Pro RGB, DPI lights (the three on the side) is not lighting up when the mouse returns from sleep/off mode and corsair software is running.

When in hardware mode one blue light is showing.

If i change the dpi from the one that is set with buttons and or software they light up again and stay lit until next sleep or power off.

4.26.110 Update has made My presets not useable- setting the hardware screen, and setting Program #2 as My default should show the same settings I had before update- however it reverts back to main settings on startup and only after selecting a Scene will it show me the correct setup. On restart I have to repeat the same process. The Scene is set as My Hardware lighting (for when ICUE is not running) and the lighting Effects chosen for Program 2 will not operate correctly after this update. Has anyone experienced something similar? or am I missing something within the update that  I need to correct so I can go back to the ease Of use Im used to. Also- the Elite LCD pump and fans now show as 2 seperate devices in the setup but in wizard it now omits a device. I am using all Corsair fans and Elite LCD 120, and before this update- ALL operated and functioned how I understood them to operate...any advice would be appreciated

So, Icue has always had a DGpu monitoring service integrated, which as all laptop owners know, it kills the bloody battery life. In previous versions if you wanted to have a decent battery life you could just delete the Corsair.Service.CpuldRemote64 application and then voila, MSHybrid worked. This version added something, probably related to the Nvidia integration, and now this doesn't do anything. Seriously corsair, remember that many people use laptops, and would LOVE to have battery life. Integrating into the software a service that constantly monitors the dgpu destroys any semblance of battery life, and now there's something new that does so too... ugh. Why are you like this. 

On 7/29/2022 at 9:09 AM, sblantipodi said:

what about the RGB freezing issues?

And this is why the software wont ever improve only get more bloated, if they cant admit faults they will get nowhere.

Since upgrading to this version on Sunday, I am having frequent problems with the cooling system in my i300. On Sunday night, the top fan spun up to 100% for a few minutes even though the system was just sitting idle, with normal coolant temperatures and pump speeds (35-45 degrees and 1800-1900 RPM). I did not notice any change in the front LEDs, although I was looking away when the fan noise caught my attention.

Last night, the same thing happened, again when the system was idle. That time I did notice the front LEDs briefly flash red, once on the right and once on the left. The CPU coolant temperature rose a bit through this incident, but not about 45 degrees or so. Everything returned to normal again within a few minutes.

Today I had a third incident that went on a bit longer, with the front LEDs blinking red alternately a few times on each side. Again, all of the sensors reported everything in normal ranges except for the top fan, which ran at 100% for several minutes. The whole cycle repeated a couple more times, several minutes apart. It seems stable again now.

This update caused my LCD screen to start flickering between the default and my custom gif. I've tried other gifs, reinstalling, force updating, restarting, everything. Is there anything anyone has done that has fixed this issue? I can't even find a revert update for this and it bothers me so much. 

296333781_564919125340190_4272255822044272121_n (1).jpg

Edited by Maizon
Adding photo

20 hours ago, Maizon said:

This update caused my LCD screen to start flickering between the default and my custom gif. I've tried other gifs, reinstalling, force updating, restarting, everything. Is there anything anyone has done that has fixed this issue? I can't even find a revert update for this and it bothers me so much. 

296333781_564919125340190_4272255822044272121_n (1).jpg

I also noticed this problem
Having multiple commander cores will cause errors. This did not appear before version 4.24.
Just set "None" to temporarily solve the problem
This is a bug that needs to be repaired

BUG!
When there are multiple commander cores, the h150i elite LCD displays an error
ICUE 4.25 and 4.26 have the same error, which will cause the screen to flash
I hope to notice this problem and fix it.image.thumb.jpeg.ebbee59823bc3bef05c6f3a2d7c0aac8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.def89e9d9b9898dce3a05391b1b95d13.jpeg

Display error, there are some options that should not exist, causing the LCD to flash

Just a quick note to say that this version is the first in recent memory that consistently (I assume because it correctly reads the state of SPD Write Protection) detects my DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 6200MT/s RAM with  my ASUS Z690 ROG MAXIMUS Hero. Previous versions wouldn't (consistently) detect one or both sticks on a cold boot but would go on to work as intended with a warm boot. Don't know what happened but it wasn't an ASUS BIOS update (1601) as I updated to it two weeks before this version of ICUE released.

Anyway, thank you Corsair for whatever changes were made.

I just updated ICue and I have now following problem on my Corsair Nexus: the text (the digits) is now partially colored in the same color as the graph itself, making it hard to read. In all versions before, the WHOLE text was displayed in the text-color, which was the much better option!

iCueNexus.PNG

I'm also having this problem, along with iCue crashing multiple times each day.  I also have two commander cores.  Please fix this Corsair.  iCue is basically unusable right now for me, as are all the keybinds I have set up for my mouse and keyboard due to the constant crashing of the software.

*sigh* these forums are designed kind of horribly imo.  Among other issues, quoting didn't work for whatever reason in my previous post, and when I tried to edit it to clarify (since the quote didn't work), I got a message saying that the forums wouldn't let me edit the post.

Anyway, the problem I was referring to in that post was a flickering LCD screen in my cpu cooler.