Corsair Community

K70 RGB MK.2 keyboard no longer works after .bin firmware reset

Recently I had an issue with my K70 RGB MK.2 keyboard and reached out to corsair support where they then instructed me to reinstall the firmware and provided me with a bin file. I followed their instructions exactly but now my keyboard won't power on and isn't detected. Reviewing the file name of their provided .bin file closer, I believe I was sent the firmware of the wrong model even though I provided my P/N and S/N as it was required when creating the ticket. Looking through old forum posts of users having the same problem, corsair staff stated installing the wrong firmware can brick your keyboard permanently. Now I'm worried my keyboard is now perma bricked and I'm at a loss of what to do since I use the keyboard & configured macros for my job. Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

• Corsair Employee

Hey there, sorry to hear that. I've gone ahead and reached out to our support team to provide you with the correct firmware. The keyboard should return to normal once the correct .bin is placed. Expect a response from support shortly.