Corsair Community

M55 mouse pauses/hangs for a split second

When gaming or not my mouse can randomly pause or hang for a split second, tried the corsair harpoon mouse I have for another pc and it works just fine.  Just started happening about a week and a half ago with no hardware or software changes that I could think of.  Only happens while moving the mouse pretty quickly that I have noticed.  I thought it was just a hardware problem so I ordered a new one and had the same issue with it.  Thought I'd leave a list of stuff I've tried so far before ordering the new mouse and after with no luck.

Disabled icue
forced firmware update on old mouse
Uninstalled and reinstalled hid and virtual driver in device manager
malware/virus check
Cleaned the mouse air and the pad with a cloth
Tried lowering the dpi and poll rate
Checked my gpu, bios, chipset and any other driver I could think of was up to date
Reinstalled windows but kept data and files (really didn't want to go for a full wipe if I didn't have to

I know the simple option is just to get another mouse but I really liked the 2 side buttons on each side.  Appreciate any input, thanks!

• Corsair Employee

Hey there, really appreciate all the troubleshooting you've tried already. I would recommend that you contact our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com so they can look into this further for you.