Corsair Community

Question about the Corsair Keycaps

I recently purchased a refurbished Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 keyboard and was looking to purchase some keycaps since it had one missing when purchased. (Couldn't pass up 100$ off for the keyboard simply since its missing 1 keycap.

My question, what is the difference between the PBT double-shot pro and the PBT double-shot?? My keyboard is listed under the secondary one but when I look at the price of that keycap set its $50 instead of $30 for the double shot pro. I couldn't seem to find any mentions anywhere that specifically mentions any difference and its confusing that the "pro" keycaps are the ones that are cheaper.

Would the Pro ones work on my keyboard even though its not specifically listed or is there something special with the other ones??

image.thumb.png.43309c5434323896ff4c3bcae79a4f8f.png

We were discussing this a few weeks back.  The PBT double shot set on the right is for older KBs that used a "non-standard" bottom row.  The width of specific keys like CTRL, ALT, or the spacebar are different.  All Corsair KBs followed this design until recently.  Newer KBs like the K100 or K60 PRO use a 'standard' bottom row and the double shot set on the left is designed for that.  If you were to try and put the newer $30 kit on your K70 MK.2, the bottom row keys won't all fit and you would be forced to find single replacements in the correct format.

The problem is no one has seen an older double shot kit available in a while and you might not be able to find one.  So while you could mix and match with the cheaper kit + add-ons, it likely makes more sense to find a compatible double shot kit from a 3rd party that is specifically designed for the Corsair bottom row.  There are quite a few out there in various colors and forms.  

• Thanks 1