Corsair Community

COPRO XT and 5000t issues

Hi, I have recently bought and built in the corsair 5000t and had some great and also not so great experiences with it. I was wondering if I could get some help on a question and also underline some issues I have found (All mainly to do with COPRO XT).

I was wondering if anyone else knew if the length of the Corsair LED strips on the outside of the case as I seem to be able to light them all up except the bottom-left. I may even be doing this wrong I have no idea. 

Next, I have had so many issues with the included COPRO XT that by the end of it I ended up thinking I should have used my COPRO, The RGB hubs were completely broken and had glitches, I have no idea why. This may just be me being unlucky. I actually went to test the case's RGB strips with the included LL fans and the COPRO XT thought the case LED strips were the Fan LED Strips. I eventually got all my 10 fans (with hydro x components) working with 2 node pros and 2 RGB hubs. 

Interested on any info and thoughts on this matter. Cheers 

How are you connecting the case to CUE?  I believe you must use the ID port on the Commander XT. The Commander Pro won’t work for this. 

• Like 1

The LED Strips have a little PCB which both sides of the strips run back to, from there is a RGB cable which is plugged during manufacture. The ID runs back to the front panel connecters. I don' really know what ID does btw this is the newest style of case I have had in a long time.  

The ID port is for unique “devices” like the case itself. I believe all of those panel LEDs run back to a central control and that then to the ID port path. Let me see if can ping someone with the case in their hands, but I am a bit worried there is a fault in that one case panel LED strip. 

• Like 1

Ok, that’s good then. Because of how the ID port works, CUE should not be short changing you on LED count. It knows exactly how many LEDs are on each strip. However, make sure you have not partially deactivated that LED strip. Cue 4 is much easier to set things up with automatic Fan 1, Fan 2..  Strip 1-2-3 on/off buttons. However, a stray click in the UI field will still de-select the entire field. You can reapply using the buttons or CTRL + Left click drag to select individual LEDs. 

Also see here for general info and 5000T specific questions. 
https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/176332-zottys-corsair-5000t-faq-guide/#comment-1014184

• Like 1

wait. i Suspect your Commander Core XT doesnt have the right firmware on it or you are on an older icue?..   but it should show as the 5000T case its self.

assuming the ID port is plugged in correctly it should look like this in icue

Edited by Zotty
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, c-attack said:

Ok, that’s good then. Because of how the ID port works, CUE should not be short changing you on LED count. It knows exactly how many LEDs are on each strip. However, make sure you have not partially deactivated that LED strip. Cue 4 is much easier to set things up with automatic Fan 1, Fan 2..  Strip 1-2-3 on/off buttons. However, a stray click in the UI field will still de-select the entire field. You can reapply using the buttons or CTRL + Left click drag to select individual LEDs. 

Also see here for general info and 5000T specific questions. 
https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/176332-zottys-corsair-5000t-faq-guide/#comment-1014184

20 hours ago, Zotty said:

wait. i Suspect your Commander Core XT doesnt have the right firmware on it or you are on an older icue?..   but it should show as the 5000T case its self.

assuming the ID port is plugged in correctly it should look like this in icue

Cheers guys you pointed me in the right direction. I'm very happy about the fix. I have another issue with the XD5 pump combo PWM cable so I will make another post about that so if you know anything that would be greatly appreciated1580324825_20220404_1112241.thumb.jpg.b77a8f77ad2a8ba8e459624ddae0a11a.jpg

could use a powered PWM fan hub..  put the Rad fans on it so that it free's up a PWM header on the Commander Core XT?. any fans on the hub would appear and a single fan in iCUE and all fans on that hub would run at the same RPM..

this sort of thing.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Carbide-678C-6-port-PWM-Repeater/p/CC-8900355

note.. i use powered PWM fan hubs in my own build and run 32 Fans from a single commander Pro.. as seen below

Q2bE2bm.jpg

• Like 1

That's pretty cool I never released you could do that but I guess it makes sense considering I used fan splitter cables on my XT, I could hardly deal with 10 lol, I couldn't imagine 32. 

I actually somehow accidentally pulled out the cables out of the PWM header for the XD5 and I looked at how to put them back in a I can sort of lock it in but it doesn't work. They have a blue and green wire and are on one side of the header.

1595871879_PWMheader.PNG.b115471632ed4da44190c855b36df4f0.PNG

This means that the pump stays at %100 constantly.

Edited by YellowDuck27

maybe look at how a female pin looks like when it's not wrecked 

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32955141634.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

it should spring and hook into the connector's little openings on the side.

Sometimes when one of those get pulled, the metal spring gets bend and doesn't extend far enough in the plastic to hold the wire in properly

• Like 1

That's a good idea, Those are actually in the header itself, right? I don't really know much about this sort of thing. I "borrowed" an intel stock cooler PWM header and then cut it off. I wrapped the end of the wire around the little metal things on the end of the XD5 PWM and then plugged the head into the COPRO XT but still no luck. 

yes they are inside.

Maybe show some pics of how the cable is at the moment ? it may help to figure out how to best repair it.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:24 AM, LeDoyen said:

yes they are inside.

Maybe show some pics of how the cable is at the moment ? it may help to figure out how to best repair it.

Sorry about the wait. It's a bit hard to get pictures with my phone but I hope you can kind of get the idea.  I don't really know what to do otherwise? I was thinking maybe I could try the AIO pins or the CPU fan pins and see if there is a difference.

IMG_7955.jpg

IMG_7956.jpg

IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7958.jpg

IMG_7959.jpg

20220407_104024.jpg

11 hours ago, YellowDuck27 said:

I was thinking maybe I could try the AIO pins or the CPU fan pins and see if there is a difference.

You can try cpu fan to see it reads it. AIO fan is typically locked at 100% by default, so it might give some tach feedback but you will need to unlock the controls in the BIOS to test rpm control. 

The Commander Core XT uses an auto detect feature for both the RGB side and the PWM side. The RGB protocol can be re-run from within CUE but the PWM side is a bigger nuisance. It usually requires a full shutdown (off) power cycle to redetect new PWM fans. Restart won’t do it. If you have to do that, I would flip the PSU off for 15-30 sec while you do the connection to force a reanalysis on the controller next power on. 

The XT typically does not like hot plugging fans into the PWM side while powered on. Those empty ports will have been shutdown and thus nothing happens. However, regardless of controller don’t ever do this with the XD5 whether it’s the XT, motherboard header, or any other controller. Far too many XD5s have lost their PWM control after a hot plug and it can take out the header as well. 

Edited by c-attack

Only plugging it back in.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi so i bought the corsair commander core xt and got the corsair h170i elite lcd cpu aio cooler with the commander and hooked up all the fans and stuff just had one question if i combine the commander core xt and the one that comes with cooler and plug it into through the usb pass through would i just need to plug in one sata cable to my power supply or do i need to add both of them?

Any device with a SATA plug needs it. There are no superfluous power deliveries. The usb connection is for data transfer between software and hardware. The general theme in this thread is you are going to have issues using the usb passthrough on any of those devices. You’ll need a powered usb hub and each LCD top, Commander Core, and Commander XT will need a direct connection to the MB or powered usb hub.