Corsair Community

i300 Bios Updates

zguy85

7D29v14 (May 28th) and NOW 7D29v17 (July 7th) has just been released on MSI's website.

Description:

- Fine-tuned memory compatibility

Still awaiting a single update from Corsair since January where MSI has now had 4 updates. Reliable support as always.  Yes I'm bashing because it's well deserved. I'm just going to continue to wait till its time to buy another PC in a year or so and won't be waiting for Corsair again.  Check that one off the list.

• 2 months later...

Another update has been released since this thread was last updated.

Do we have any update on when we'll see at least one update to the bios to bring it up to date?

Title AMI BIOS

Version 7D29v18

Release Date 2022-09-13

• Description:
    - Update CPU Micro code. - Improve PCIE storage compatibility.

• 4 weeks later...

And another one.......

Title:

AMI BIOS

Version:

7D29v191

Release Date:

2022-10-17

Description:
- Update CPU Micro code.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-Z690I-UNIFY/support

that "update CPU microcode" you can be sure it's security updates.  these have to be applied. And with direct storage coming to use pretty soon, i bet those PCIE storage updates could be related.

Corsair should just stop trying to code anything and let the OEM manage the updates honestly. They add no value by managing the BIOS updates and only make their prebuilds less reliable and prone to safety breaches that are not patched on time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 6:38 PM, Corsair Fer said:

I definitely understand the frustration with the information not being historically transparent as to what our releases address or when to expect a release.  It's good to hear your feedback, and I am actively working on getting that information made available to you, our fellow enthusiasts.  As much as I would like to give you more information, for now I can only reassure you that my team hears you, and we are working on it.

Are you still working on it? It's really getting quite ridiculous now. Please be transparent. Why did I spent 5000 bucks on your hardware? Because of your excelent support and your loyalty to your customers, right?

• Thanks 1

Corsair team you said previously in this exact post to be patient and you were going to get us answers..... that was a very long time ago.  Any updates or will we continue to get the silent treatment????   $4-5k for these things, this is absolutely ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates Corsair team on the BIOS updates for the i300?, as several have posted there seems to have been some important updates to the AMI BIOS by MSI since your last release of 1.C5 in 11/01/22 - list from MSI website below MEG Z690I UNIFY motherboard you supply in the i300 model.

- Improved MFlash function

- Update CPU Microcode

- Adjust PCIe Lanes setting

- Update CPU microcode to support Intel Core i9-12900KS CPU (this would appear a key one as my i300 has this model CPU installed)

- Change the default setting of Secure Boot.

- Fine-tuned memory compatibility.

- Ready for next-gen CPU.

- Improve compatibility with Asmedia SATA Port devices

- Update CPU Micro code.

- Improve PCIE storage compatibility.

- Update CPU Micro code.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Any updates Corsair team on the BIOS updates for the i300?, as several have posted there seems to have been some important updates to the AMI BIOS by MSI since your last release of 1.C5 in 11/01/22 - list from MSI website below MEG Z690I UNIFY motherboard you supply in the i300 model.

- Improved MFlash function

- Update CPU Microcode

- Adjust PCIe Lanes setting

- Update CPU microcode to support Intel Core i9-12900KS CPU (this would appear a key one as my i300 has this model CPU installed)

- Change the default setting of Secure Boot.

- Fine-tuned memory compatibility.

- Ready for next-gen CPU.

- Improve compatibility with Asmedia SATA Port devices

- Update CPU Micro code.

- Improve PCIE storage compatibility.

- Update CPU Micro code.

No Sir, this alone is a failure of Corsair that will not be forgotten and Silence from the mods whom themselves stated they would basically try to get info for us months ago and now are silent just means.... it isn't gonna happen.  I've given up months ago, don't hold your breathe. Unforgivable.

Edited by zguy85
  • Like 2

Hey Zguy,

I logged a call via tech support and had the following response today

I do apologize but we can only post new BIOS updates when MSI provides them for us, they have still not done so for this system. 

I've followed up to see if they've escalated internally with MSI or if we have the option to use MSI version without invalidating warranty, as  premium unit ($4k+) I would expect better hardware support  - the lack of microcode updates seem especially negligent as they supplied the unit with the newer CPU in a motherboard that doesn't officially support it - if you are going to design with parts from other manufacturers should  ensure you have the associated support too for updates.

*Anyone else watching this post, please reply or like, as suspect we need some community momentum with Corsair support to help clarify or address asap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know some folks here have been asking for a BIOS update for some time, and I look forward to hearing how the update goes and what functionality/fixes it adds. 

I'm more of the not broke/don't fix school where BIOS updates are concerned. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ricksmet said:

Loaded up the new bios 3 days ago.  I have the i300 3080 edition.  Have not had any crashes doing everyday work, running several benchmarking programs (PCMark series including stress tests).  Will update if promlems develop.

Good to know.  I have the same edition you do.  I've never had any issues so I may leave well enough alone. 

I'm actually at a loss for words.  Did not expect the BIOS update to ever happen.  I'm not going to bash, I've said my peace in prior postings and stand by them.

Grateful to all those involved in making this finally happen and curious what specific updates have been implemented.

Will install this update tomorrow morning and we'll see.  Thank you again to those who made this possible followed by all MSI's prior changes 

Necessary?... maybee........ maybe not.  Appreciated?... absolutely.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

These are the details I received regarding the latest BIOS:

1.    MicroCode : M0790672  26   Intel(R) Desktop Alder Lake-S C-0 Stepping
2.    Intel Management Engine updated to Firmware: 16.1.25.2020
3.    XMP = set to Enabled and EXPO = Set to Enabled

• Like 2

So which one do we install?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-ONE/CORSAIR-ONE-Compact-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9020031-NA#tab-downloads

CORSAIR ONE i300 BIOS 1CA via E7D29IZ1.1CA

Or

MSI MEG Z690I Unify DDR5 BIOS (32 MB) via E7D29IZ1.1C6

E7D29IZ1.1C6 seems to have installed successfully  😄 

Both are listed on the Corsair Downloads tab for my i300.

image.png.e184eadf356f4b01917be667b1194588.png

1CA is the new one because that's what is listed as updated February 2023 on the downloads section of the corsair page uposed to what you see there on the product page under downloads area.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Go here and search i300 it should be the first and only BIOS listed with date.

Edited by zguy85