Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

39 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

@seikojin@makumazan84

As of right now, there is no official updates coming in the next release of iCUE.  We are recommending that users still experiencing issues contact Support for an RMA to exchange the unit.  If additional software/firmware updates are released, we'll continue to notify the community.  Please reference the post below for the messaging from a few weeks ago.

That's such a huge ass inconvenience to do each time the LCD unit starts having the issue.  Could you just reimburse us what we paid for these new so we can buy a model / brand that works and has the basic ability to rotate whatever is on the display?

6 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

@seikojin@makumazan84

As of right now, there is no official updates coming in the next release of iCUE.  We are recommending that users still experiencing issues contact Support for an RMA to exchange the unit.  If additional software/firmware updates are released, we'll continue to notify the community.  Please reference the post below for the messaging from a few weeks ago.

I have spent hundreds and had RMA's and this is the solution?  When it was said that there is a software fix?  How about some information into why a known issue and a fix for it would be withheld?

@Corsair Nick with all due respect RMAing is a tough option because I live in another part of the world and we don't have official Corsair partners here. Also, I am not sure if another LCD kit will work fine and not run into some other problems that other people are experiencing. Finally, I've got a "full Corsair" build and I'm sure that swapping my AIO for e.g. NZXT will require both additional spending and numerous issues of tying all the fans, AIO, screen, etc all together.

Besides, as I've mentioned in my post, the LCD is working, and so are my Corsair PSU, Commander Core and a 3rd party internal USB hub. However, once I plug my 3 Corsair devices to this internal USB hub the LCD cannot be detected.

So, we need to get to the bottom of the issue. If there are any steps that I need to take (in addition to the ones that I've mentioned in my earlier post) to troubleshoot the problem then please tell me and I will try them.

Sorry for repeting myself, but we're talking about a working device which doesn't work together with other working devices. This doesn't sound like an RMA case to me.

Good afternoon,

i have a iCue 115 elite Cappellix and  have ordered a LCU upgrade kit (i hope it will be the new version for old AM4 brackets).
I've seed that many of you have the Commander Pro in the homepage of the iCUE homepage but i have only the 115i Elite.

I'ts correct or i have forgotten something?

This is where the official word becomes important.  In earlier parts, the official word was a known issue with a fix that should work for most users.

Then the official word was delays to deployment.  No reason why.

And finally, the official word is essentially, no fix coming, RMA.

Why is there a need for the RMA?  Was the fix a mistake/lie?  

There's a serial or something about it to know if your devices is defected?

Bought the LCD version brand new from Best Buy on 8/16/22.
After hours of OCD research.  I decided to go with the Corsair iCue h150i Elite with LCD screen. Was going to save $100 and get regular but decided to pay the extra $100 for the cool factor. 
After removing my MSI Dragon 240mm AIO and installing this one, spending hours taking my time and cable management, I was disappointed to see the ”Caution” (triangle).  It wasn’t afterwards that I found this forum. 
I saw a couple people reference a fix on Page 8. 
The referenced fix was to place extra strength on the 24 pin to Commander Core.
I performed this about 1 hour ago. Sure enough it went in a tiny bit more. Powered on my PC and it works. I’ve only tested a few layouts for temps on the block so far. Haven’t rebooted yet. Before it just said “Coolant Temp” 0 degrees. 
Will update if the issue reoccurs.  

On 7/30/2022 at 6:39 PM, Redminchuna said:

Hello friends, have you been struggling with your Elite LCD screen? Have you triple checked all your connections, followed all the advice in this forum, and still getting "red triangle of death" or the screen working momentarily on boot / forced software update? Are you closing and reopening iCue just to display the changes to the Hardware Screen? Or intermittently working from power cycling? Other strange issues, and thinking of an RMA? I was suffering all of these problems on a brand new build, and became worried after browsing this thread, but Majestic12 on page 8 delivered the solution with pictures.

implore you to once again check the 24 pin connector into the Commander CORE! It plugs in a lot further than you would expect, in fact it was the single hardest connection to fully seat in my life. Find a little piece of metal to push the plug to the bottom, it nearly bottoms out in the Commander CORE.

I wonder how many RMAs have occurred because an extremely tight socket for this plug? Corsairs probably getting all these perfectly good AIOs returned and they are scratching their heads because the Commander CORE on their test bench has been well used and easy to fully seat the connection.

All credit to Majestic12 on Page 8, and please do post if this has helped you! 

Bought this yesterday and installed it last night (8/16/22). 
A couple of reviews on Best Buy mentioned issues, but thought they just got a lemon  

Didn’t know the extent of this issue until after it happened to me and I took to the Google mobile and landed here  

Tried this method today and it worked!
But yeah, hold the Commander Core with both hands and use both thumbs to press down the 24 pin adapter. 

Didn’t take too too much pressure. I wasn’t squeezing so hard that I’d break it. But sure enough, it seated into the block more securely. 

I haven’t rebooted it yet today, but I have been   playing  around with the Ring graphics and even created and played some gif’s. Temps are solid.

D46A89F4-28EA-476A-8426-DA5BB55F7D52.thumb.jpeg.ac1db8764accf53f64266eb734b40288.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 3:25 PM, Majestic12 said:

Man, I feel so stupid right now, I don't know how to express it 😄 I've been experiencing the red triangle 24/7 for a few weeks and when I saw that the new firmware is delayed again I decided to open my case and swap the USB to MB connection once again (connecting to different USB ports on MB helped for a while earlier). But then I remembered I replied to you about the loose connector to the Commander Core so I checked it but this time I tried to press it with more pressure and it turns out... it can be pressed all the way up 😄

I turn the PC on and the LCD started working straight away and it is visible in iCUE. Here is the comparison how it looked before (left) and how it should be connected (right): bkTcFyj.png

You should check if your connection to the Commander Core is right because I had the same symptoms as you and it helped.

Confirmed this worked.
Purchased yesterday (8/16/2022) and tried this fix this morning (8/17/2022).
Didn’t take too too much pressure. I wasn’t squeezing so hard that I’d break it. But sure enough, it seated into the block more securely. 

Hold the Core with both hands and use both thumbs to apply more pressure on seating the 24 pin plug. It went in a little bit more. And now it’s working. Even played around with gif’s and they work. 

2 hours ago, Rob812 said:

A couple of reviews on Best Buy mentioned issues, but thought they just got a lemon  

Didn’t know the extent of this issue until after it happened to me and I took to the Google mobile and landed here  

But yeah, hold the Commander Core with both hands and use both thumbs to press down the 24 pin adapter. 

I haven’t rebooted it yet today, but I have been   playing  around with the Ring graphics and even created and played some gif’s. Temps are solid.

D46A89F4-28EA-476A-8426-DA5BB55F7D52.thumb.jpeg.ac1db8764accf53f64266eb734b40288.jpeg

Your version has a cut on some side (not the big one on the right)?

18 minutes ago, BesK said:

19 minutes ago, BesK said:

Not sure what you mean? The Commander Core has the 24 pin connection on top. 
There are 6 connections on the left for RGB and 6 connections on the right for fan control. 
Here’s the info off the product page from Best Buy that I ordered from online. 
Model: CW-9060062-WW | SKU: 6488321 | Release: 11/29/2021

Just took some pictures. Powered it back on and the gif I loaded earlier is still playing  

I highlighted in yellow the Y- Split for the 2 x USB headers.  I have that plugged into JUSB 1 (USB 2.0) on my Z590 motherboard.  
Hope that helps  

B03B4E07-35CA-497E-AA38-B28A29D2D333.jpeg

4EF32C4D-C6DC-47B6-89AF-2705C580BB9B.jpeg

1251308E-9C12-484B-8F8A-51D2692A9386.jpeg

2574A954-1ADB-4A4A-A603-BC8456EF51E2.jpeg

08FA6F68-A550-454D-BADE-26FBF480C47A.jpeg

0BA3271A-6006-4FB1-93B7-4F738F449453.jpeg

Thank you but i meant the LCD not the commander core, i'm sorry

• Corsair Employee
7 hours ago, Rob812 said:

Great to hear that re-seating the connectors resolved your issues.  Based on the feedback we've seen, re-seating the connectors is one of the main resolutions to improve functionality.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:36 AM, seikojin said:

This is where the official word becomes important.  In earlier parts, the official word was a known issue with a fix that should work for most users.

Then the official word was delays to deployment.  No reason why.

And finally, the official word is essentially, no fix coming, RMA.

Why is there a need for the RMA?  Was the fix a mistake/lie?  

On 8/16/2022 at 12:44 PM, BesK said:

There's a serial or something about it to know if your devices is defected?

You are correct, a software fix was implemented in iCUE 4.25 to fix the serial number resolution.  We have seen positive results in resolving the screen detection and orange triangle symptoms after performing the update.  We do recognize that some of you are continuing to experience the same symptoms, and recommending an RMA for that reason.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@Corsair Nick a question please.
I've just bought from the europe store a LCD Upgrade Kit for my 115i elite with old AM4 brackets (two screws).
I prefer to not change the brackets so I was hoping to receive the version with the cut for the old AM4 brackets but seems that the version i've recieved is the old one.
Today i wil ltry to mount it but if've issues there're possibilities to change it with a new version one?

Edited by BesK

• Corsair Employee
11 hours ago, BesK said:

@Corsair Nick a question please.
I've just bought from the europe store a LCD Upgrade Kit for my 115i elite with old AM4 brackets (two screws).
I prefer to not change the brackets so I was hoping to receive the version with the cut for the old AM4 brackets but seems that the version i've recieved is the old one.
Today i wil ltry to mount it but if've issues there're possibilities to change it with a new version one?

The best solution is the contact the support team for the newer AM4 kit.  Unfortunately there is no way to guarantee if you exchanged with the retailer that the new kit will include the updated hardware.  You can submit a request through the support portal below:

https://support.corsair.com/

• Thanks 1

Hi, I just installed a H150I Elite LCD system last night and so far I think everything is fine with one exception, and this may be by design so I just wanted to be sure.  In iCUE I show a separate Lighting Node Core which I am using for 1 extra case fan, and the H150i LCD which has 6 fans connected.  Should I also be seeing the Commander Core in here as well that came with the cooler?  I see the fans/etc in the cooling section of the H150 but I just am not sure if this is right or not.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

icue.jpg

I haven't posted for awhile as it was fixed with .25 - but Weirdly, on start up - red triangle... Shut icue once booted into windows, the red triangle disappears and then the gif/image on lcd is displayed. Then open icue, and main profile kicks in! 

Strange behaviour, but felt it was worth letting you know @Corsair Nick 

By the way i've installed it despite the old AM4 brackets taking off the lower skirt (the little 4 screws) and fit perfect!

IMG20220819193335.jpg

IMG20220819193421.jpg

IMG20220820164522.jpg

Just got the H100i and the LCD upgrade yesterday (20/08/2022) and all I get is 0c deg or Red Triangle of death on the display. iCue is detecting the commander core and my lighting node pro but not the LCD. I tried putting the old faceplate back on and using that but still the same result with only commander core and node pro showing. The LCD is being detected on the Bluetooth devices so I don't get why it's not on the iCue. iCue is on 4.27 and have forced a firmware update and even doing uninstall and install instruction on the corsair website but still nothing.

Also have uninstalled all the RGB software on my PC and the only things I haven't done is a fresh install of windows but I think even that won't help.

image.thumb.png.c61adf0b4e7d152e4ee7c66c5fee9fc6.pngimage.thumb.png.f64cd7f5d4e4ff8c485550005d31e9c6.png

300019130_1381724805669085_5338322346071320396_n.jpg

299526383_798145998010054_890426748135716241_n.jpg

4 hours ago, PanDeCoco said:

Just got the H100i and the LCD upgrade yesterday (20/08/2022) and all I get is 0c deg or Red Triangle of death on the display. iCue is detecting the commander core and my lighting node pro but not the LCD. I tried putting the old faceplate back on and using that but still the same result with only commander core and node pro showing. The LCD is being detected on the Bluetooth devices so I don't get why it's not on the iCue. iCue is on 4.27 and have forced a firmware update and even doing uninstall and install instruction on the corsair website but still nothing.

Also have uninstalled all the RGB software on my PC and the only things I haven't done is a fresh install of windows but I think even that won't help.

That's exactly the symptoms I had before I found a solution and posted it here (the LCD was also detected in the Bluetooth & Devices settings which can be a little misleading):

Now I see that after I posted it, there were numerous replies with the same symptoms where this method would have helped so I kinda regret I wasn't following this thread anymore because I could've informed these people how to fix it.
I find it strange that Corsair isn't specifically asking to check this connector when someone reports the red triangle error but suggest an RMA instead. I wonder how many perfectly fine kits they've replaced 😄

3 hours ago, Majestic12 said:

That's exactly the symptoms I had before I found a solution and posted it here (the LCD was also detected in the Bluetooth & Devices settings which can be a little misleading):

Now I see that after I posted it, there were numerous replies with the same symptoms where this method would have helped so I kinda regret I wasn't following this thread anymore because I could've informed these people how to fix it.
I find it strange that Corsair isn't specifically asking to check this connector when someone reports the red triangle error but suggest an RMA instead. I wonder how many perfectly fine kits they've replaced 😄

Still showing the same thing, have checked over and over the connection and it's as far as it can go. I'm just going to return the kit and just stay away I think.

OK, after messing with usb 9 pin hub and splitters I was able to get Commander Core, fans, LCD Kit, PSU all running and visible in iCue.

Now I wonder if iCue can show my RM 750i PSU power consumption on LCD Kit screen? The sensor is working and visible in iCue but not available in Screen Type presets' dropdowns. On the other hand, PSU's Temp Sensor or Fan Speed sensor (which I don't need) can be selected in that dropdown, only power consumption is missing.

PS: still waiting for an LCD screen pre-set to show different sensors in a loop 🙂

PPS: maybe there is a framework/toolbox to allow people create their own LCD screen pre-sets?