Corsair Community

Corsair LED strips all around my desk

Hello! I want to stick Corsair LED strips all around my desk. I now have 10 strips in length 40 cm. When I connect them all in a row to the XT Commander, only the first strip lights up. I assume that the strips receive too little current from the XT.

Is it basically correct that you can connect as many strips as you want in series and what parts do I need to make it all work?

I also have to lead a cable from the PC to the edge of the writing table.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Didi Stankowski said:

Hello! I want to stick Corsair LED strips all around my desk. I now have 10 strips in length 40 cm. When I connect them all in a row to the XT Commander, only the first strip lights up. I assume that the strips receive too little current from the XT.

Is it basically correct that you can connect as many strips as you want in series and what parts do I need to make it all work?

I also have to lead a cable from the PC to the edge of the writing table.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

You would need (imo) a controller that controls the LS100 light strips. Thats what i am using. To use 10 strips you would need to use both channels.

Unfortunately you cannot buy them without buying the LS100 strips.

I thought you would be able to run a few from the xt, if configued correctly in icue. is that the commander core xt youre using?

• Like 1

At the moment I have no controller at all. only the strips. Main question would be which controller is the best for this problem. I guess the Node Pro because I can connect it to the PC via USB. But I need a confirmation or an experience of a user before I buy these parts.

i believe the maximum is 6 strips per channel on a LNPro so you can do it with that. It comes with an internal USB plug, but you can find adapters on amazon to connect it externally if you prefer (you'll also need to bring SATA power though but you can also use SATA extenders. it's not elegant but would work).

The LS100 controller would probably be more convenient since it's meant to be used outside of the case already. I did use a commander pro externally for a while, and it's not particularely pleasing to chain SATA extenders under the desk. like.. duct tape and zip ties unpleasing... very ghetto to make them stick together depending on how good you can cable manage on your desk.

• Like 1

So Itry to get a LS100 controller. Thx for support.

Well ... there are other things that you can do but they require having an external PSU for provide power.

Personally, I've used a Lighting Node Pro and 2 RGB Fan LED Hubs, powered by an SF450 PSU mounted behind my desk, with adapters to run a total of 24 LEDs from a single CoPro.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:47 AM, Didi Stankowski said:

So Itry to get a LS100 controller. Thx for support.

You will get lucky to get one of them alone. It's a pity you already have your strips, you could have bought the ls100 kit and removed the light diffuser (if you can solder a little). They also are a lot brighter then