Corsair Community

What is corsair service doing in background?

Godlydevils

Hi,

There are two processes named:

Corsair.Module.CpuIdDevice

Corsair.Module.DisplayAdapter

that comes with icue software, they are making my games lag, and when idle, makes my fan run at full speed, they consume CPU and RAM.

What are they?!

Why are they?!

Why isn't there any way to disable them?!

When I just need 4 buttons of my mouse to work, why do I have to download a 1gb of tool? runs 10 services and processes! and they put a lot of time in adding spywares in their tool, but cannot innovate good hardware?

First - do you really need to do the "spyware" title? C'mon, Chicken Little ... the sky isn't falling and they aren't 'spyware'.

Both of those provide lower level access for specific functionality. One is for the CPU monitoring. The second is for the display sync (IIRC).

And, again, it's not spyware. So please, can we dispense with the drama/fearmongering/FUD/Fake News/BS?

11 hours ago, DevBiker said:

First - do you really need to do the "spyware" title? C'mon, Chicken Little ... the sky isn't falling and they aren't 'spyware'.

Both of those provide lower level access for specific functionality. One is for the CPU monitoring. The second is for the display sync (IIRC).

And, again, it's not spyware. So please, can we dispense with the drama/fearmongering/FUD/Fake News/BS?

Isn't it a drama that I only need 1 gb app to enable DPI up/down and profile up/down buttons to work on my mouse?

Isn't it fearmongering that in order to control my mouse, I need to let the app Monitor health/temperature aspects of my CPU for what? I have disabled the plugins and monitoring options in the icue app's settings.

isn't it BS that these among other services and processes are running in background and even though I don't need them, they are active, not only active, but actually consuming my resources without my permission, and I don't have control, freedom or choice?

Quit being a dumb fanboy except if you are corsair employee, then I understand

You can't have it both ways.  When peripherals and internal devices had separate software packages, everyone complained they had to install 2 different programs.  If you haven't noticed all of these companies moved to a single unified software platform for all functions several years ago.  That is the current state of things.  CUE is responsible for managing several dozen different kinds of devices from KBs and mice to fan controllers, RGB controllers, cooling units, external displays and lighting.  I am trying to imagine what it would be like if there were individual packages for each device class.  Chaos at best, but the pendulum may swing back that way at some point.  Right now you have companies making a large variety of products and they are all managed by a single software program to promote interconnectivity.  You may not use them.  Other people do.  I bet your complaint to Microsoft must be pretty long.

40 minutes ago, Godlydevils said:

I only need 1 gb app to enable DPI up/down and profile up/down buttons to work on my mouse?

Well that simplifies things for you anyway.  DPI shifts and profile changes are possible without software on mice with internal storage.  For those mice you can load up CUE, save your preferred DPI settings, and most mice have 3 lighting/DPI/profile storage slots. Quit CUE, and it services, and set it not to launch on start up.  You only need launch the program when you wish to alter the saved settings on the device.  However, not all mice have storage capacity so it's going to depend on which mouse you purchased.  

Edited by c-attack

1 hour ago, Godlydevils said:

Isn't it a drama that I only need 1 gb app to enable DPI up/down and profile up/down buttons to work on my mouse?

Isn't it fearmongering that in order to control my mouse, I need to let the app Monitor health/temperature aspects of my CPU for what? I have disabled the plugins and monitoring options in the icue app's settings.

isn't it BS that these among other services and processes are running in background and even though I don't need them, they are active, not only active, but actually consuming my resources without my permission, and I don't have control, freedom or choice?

Quit being a dumb fanboy except if you are corsair employee, then I understand

The drama and fearmongering are calling it spyware and you know it.

The other aspect ... we can certainly debate and discuss. But calling these services spyware is fearmongering, drama and unnecessary. They are not spyware and you can point to no evidence at all that it is. So - you are just spewing BS because you don't like that there are additional services to run your mouse. That's fine ... and it OK to have that opinion. But when you move from your opinion to making statements that can be verified objectively that are flat out and demonstrably wrong AND are only made to support your opinion ... well, that's a bunch of BS propaganda. Goebbels would, however, be proud of your mastery of the art of deception to make a point. And while I know that we are surrounded by such propaganda these days, that doesn't mean that we need to stoop to that level. You can make your point - and express your opinion - without the nonsense.

Dumb fanboy, eh? That's so very mature - you cannot actually have a reasoned and rational discussion like a moderately intelligent human being so you resort to flinging insults. Did you work on the Trump campaign? 🤣