Corsair Community

RGB on RAM keeps on switching to Static Red, supposed to be Rainbow

MP.

So I set up a profile that makes the RGB do the rainbow effect as default and it is the only profile. The RGB on my RAM sticks is supposed to be rainbow, but it keeps on switching to static red. When I switch to the configuration of the RGB in Corsair, it says the hardware is controlled by scenes and lighting effects. I would really like some help regarded it.

Most of the time the RAM gets stuck (especially at a default color like red) it is from interference from another program, like motherboard RGB software. You can disable the software interaction in the CUE settings and restart to see if this helps. 

On 12/11/2021 at 1:46 PM, MP. said:

it says the hardware is controlled by scenes

Scenes are an overlay on top of existing effects, persistent regardless of profile. It’s a way to make quick universal lighting changes but it overrides any profile settings. If you wish to make individual custom lighting changes to each device, do it from within the profile in each device menu. 

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

Most of the time the RAM gets stuck (especially at a default color like red) it is from interference from another program, like motherboard RGB software. You can disable the software interaction in the CUE settings and restart to see if this helps. 

Scenes are an overlay on top of existing effects, persistent regardless of profile. It’s a way to make quick universal lighting changes but it overrides any profile settings. If you wish to make individual custom lighting changes to each device, do it from within the profile in each device menu. 

I managed to fix it by removing all the scenes and turning off the software option for my RAM.

• 1 year later...

I had the same thing happen to me. I turned my computer on and my RGB wasn’t lit up on my RAM sticks until I logged in but they were set to red like it was updating. All I did to fix it was go into my ICUE software settings and Updates, check for updates and update to the newest version and it fixed itself. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've given up.  Mine is stuck on Red all the time.  I've messed with it for hours and Googled it like crazy trying to fix it.  So annoying! Even signing up to this forum caused an error for me.  What a ridiculous waste of time all this complicated RGB crap is.  I mean really, who has time to fiddle with all these settings just to make pretty lights flash or do whatever?  Now I'm stuck with red which I hate.  Wish I'd never bothered with any of it.  Time to go outside.  The world is complicated enough without worrying about RGB crap and a new pc that never works.  Need a degree in computer science just to boot up and write an email these days!

SNAPP!

errorCode - 400006
errorMessage - Invalid%20parameter%20value
requestId - undefined

• 1 month later...

The potential problem can be in MSI Center / Mystic Light overriding the current iCUE config and setting red as the default color. The solution is to uncheck RGB configurations overriding in the MSI Center and boot on startup. Then go to iCUE and uncheck integrations for software and games.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, John Hoang said:

For those you are using MSI Mysitc and get conflict with iCUE. You can block this exe to fully control Corsair DRAM in iCUE

image.png.5eb50bc75019c8b33c7073d31489c5eb.png

I registered an account just to say thank you. RAM was staying red aaaand just as I was typing this, instead of turning red, the lighting decided to turn off. If I don't edit this, then it's fixed by checking off "Software Integrations" and "Game Integrations"

• 4 months later...

I had this issue on my new install. 4 Vengence RGB DDR5 + MPG X670E CARBON WIFI board. When I change it to Hardware Lighting in iCue, it would change briefly, but change back to Solid Red on all 4 sticks. I came on here and tried troubleshooting. I uninstalled Mystic Light from the MSI Center, and It works now! Hope this helps.