Corsair Community

h115i pro with no control over new fans

Hi guys, i've recently changed the stock fans of my h115i pro, with two Silent Wings 3 140mm PW (because i've moved the radiator in a new position and i needed a more "slim" fan) and after that, the icue 3.7 (and 4.x too) pimp the fan speed at 100% in all the profiles, if i set the personal instead, with rpm the fan spin at 450 with no control whatsoever (changing the cursor for the rpm).

The pump is connected as manual says with the cpu fan over the motherboard.

How can i solve this situation for having mor control of my fans? the temps are ok but i would have the fans to change velocity the the temps 

Many thanks!

Cattura.JPG

Unfortunately this is likely due to your fan choice.  There are a handful of European manufactured fans that use a PWM spec that does not agree with the Corsair controllers.  The BeQuiet SW3 PWM are definitely one, as are select Noctual Industrial PWM models, and some of the EK Vardar line.  Commander Pro controllers do a bit better than the AIO controllers which seem to be the most impacted.

The two possible solutions are to: 1) move the SW3 fans to the MB headers for control.  Most motherboards seem to be able to handle them.  2) Run a powered PWM hub from one of the fan connectors as the control signal, then connect the two SW3 to the hub.  The device acts acts as an intermediary and hopefully this allows communication between all.  This works for all three fans mentioned above on my Commander, but I have not tested this method on Pro series cooler.  

• Thanks 1

Not specifically. If you search for PWM hub you’ll get a series of devices from Silverstone, Deep Cool, etc. with between 4-10 fan ports. That’s more than you need but it doesn’t matter. Corsair also sells a small circuit board looking version but that may be harder to obtain. These should all be relatively inexpensive (less than $20 usd) but make sure you get a device with a circuit board. A 4 way wire PWM splitter is not the same. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2021 at 7:07 AM, Tonys_87 said:

Many thanks!

OK, I got my own H115i Pro out of storage and hooked ran it's fan splitter through my Silverstone PWM hub with a BeQuiet SW3 High Speed PWM fan.  It works as it should for fixed RPM and %.  However, the programmed curve is a bit sluggish to respond.  It seems to get there eventually, but not necessarily as I would expect.  Perhaps this is normal for the H115i Pro.  I have not used it in several years.