Corsair Community

iCue 4.17.244 Elite Capellix LCD Screen Issue

Also adding in that commander core is plugged in with supplied splitter alongside a commander Pro

MOBO: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

CPU: 5900x

GPU: ASRock 6800XT “Taichi OC”

AIO: H115i Elite Capellix

Fans: 7 ML140s and 4 ML120 pro RGB fans. 

Ram: corsair RGB Pro Vengeance 3200 @ CL16 

Case: Corsair 7000D airflow

PSU: Corsair RX1000

Extension cables need cleaning up. But waiting until I throw some upgraded NVMe drives a in. 

FBE1BF12-82C3-419F-8D9E-16E1216DD046.jpeg

Update. I've now done a completely fresh install of the new version of icue, checked firmware for LCD, done this with splitter and without, proper clean of registry each time and it still comes up as unknown usb (device descriptor failed) pretty much at a loss now and been 4 days since last response from support.

Ticket number 2004822095

In windows devices it says driver error, has never shown for me. Gutted tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I have a similar problem.

asus maximus xii formula

H170i elite lcd

The same phenomenon occurs when connected through a usb splitter, when connected using an NZXT internal hub, or when connected using a daisy chain.

Code 10 error occurred in device manager.

• Like 1

Having the exam same issue, first it would not fit with my motherboard so i had to take off the plastic piece behind lcd screen to make it fit, then the Y splitter cable is not being recognized by motherboard and LCD screen hardware not showing, only thing plugged in to the Y splitter cable. I ordered a USB hub adapter to see if it works, fingers crossed but i have had nothing but issues with this install. TRASH UPGRADE, save the headache and stay away from this upgrade or wait till they fix every issue

On 12/18/2021 at 12:03 AM, HJKim said:

Hello.

I have a similar problem.

asus maximus xii formula

H170i elite lcd

The same phenomenon occurs when connected through a usb splitter, when connected using an NZXT internal hub, or when connected using a daisy chain.

Code 10 error occurred in device manager.

i ordered the NZXT internal hub. so it wont work with that either? OMG this is a night mare. WHAT A WASTE OF 100$ WTF CORSAIR

Got the upgrade kit for myH150 elite when building a new z690 build. Did all the updates before installing the new LCD and everything was working fine for a few weeks. After upgrading to ICUE 4.18.209 nothing but issues. Did the full reinstall, reseat the pump head and USB is plugged into its own port (no daisy chaining) screen is either stuck on red triangle or liquid temp. No USB devices showing faulty in device manager. Using on a z690 Hero board

I also have  z690 hero mobo. Received the update kit on Saturday and have spent the last two days trying to get it to work. Everything was updated to the latest. I have been stuck on the Dorito of Doom and my ring leds have never worked. My computer recognized the LCD, but never showed in icue. Lastly, after a reset this morning, my commander core stopped working and now my comp just overheats :/. Going to have to get another cooler with a commander core, temp, till I can get this figured out. I know life happens, but this has been a headache lol.

Edited by Ballfade

I ran through the same issue as everyone is having. Did some simple diagnostic. Checked software, running latest 4.18.209 ICUE and AIO running most recent 2.6.201. Reinstalled and installed ICUE. Was not able to force update. Uninstalled and reinstalled ICUE. This wasnt the issue. I removed and reconnected all USB headers and tried to see if that was the issue. That was not it. Checked all connectors going into pump fan and commander. That was not the issue. Finally removed LCD screen, check pins to make sure there wasn't any pins that could have been damaged with install. All pins looked fine. Reinstalled LCD screen and ensured proper seating. There will be a crunch. No worries seems normal. Checked ICUE and Screen Setup and Hardware Screen tabs were in the profiles. Not sure if this will help anyone. But try running through these simple steps and see if it will help. 

Keep in mind I purchased LCD Upgrade Kit for my H100i Capellix, not the LCD Elite AIO. I'm thinking for those of you who does have the new LCD Elite AIO, run through this. I'm sure the LCD screen can come off as easy as both AIO are in similar designs if not identical. Anyone able to confirm whether the LCD screen is able to come off? 

59 minutes ago, yuephengyang said:

I ran through the same issue as everyone is having. Did some simple diagnostic. Checked software, running latest 4.18.209 ICUE and AIO running most recent 2.6.201. Reinstalled and installed ICUE. Was not able to force update. Uninstalled and reinstalled ICUE. This wasnt the issue. I removed and reconnected all USB headers and tried to see if that was the issue. That was not it. Checked all connectors going into pump fan and commander. That was not the issue. Finally removed LCD screen, check pins to make sure there wasn't any pins that could have been damaged with install. All pins looked fine. Reinstalled LCD screen and ensured proper seating. There will be a crunch. No worries seems normal. Checked ICUE and Screen Setup and Hardware Screen tabs were in the profiles. Not sure if this will help anyone. But try running through these simple steps and see if it will help. 

Keep in mind I purchased LCD Upgrade Kit for my H100i Capellix, not the LCD Elite AIO. I'm thinking for those of you who does have the new LCD Elite AIO, run through this. I'm sure the LCD screen can come off as easy as both AIO are in similar designs if not identical. Anyone able to confirm whether the LCD screen is able to come off? 

What was your lcd doing before you did all those steps?

35 minutes ago, yuephengyang said:

Screen setup and hardware screen did not show up in ICUE. It was stuck on the default 30*C liquid temp and was unable to be customized. 

I might give this a try. Did your ring leds work from the start? Thanks for the info!

54 minutes ago, Ballfade said:

I might give this a try. Did your ring leds work from the start? Thanks for the info!

In regards to the led themselves or ring led in ICUE? When I first turned on the pc post to install it was flashing red with a warning ⚠️ on the display. I didn't have the current icue software. Went to install the new icue software and ring led was able to be customized through ICUE but no screen customization options. All in all, leds worked from the start and they were able to be customized after the new ICUE software was installed. One thing I did want to note to make sure you update the software on the AIO. I wasn't able to update it because of various 3rd party rgb controller and tuners such as Logitech G Hub and MSI afterburner. I had the option to disable it but I uninstalled both because I wasn't using them anyways. I see some people here may have issues with ICUE not recognizing. Not sure if this will help you but worth a try. It's been working swell for me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yuephengyang said:

In regards to the led themselves or ring led in ICUE? When I first turned on the pc post to install it was flashing red with a warning ⚠️ on the display. I didn't have the current icue software. Went to install the new icue software and ring led was able to be customized through ICUE but no screen customization options. All in all, leds worked from the start and they were able to be customized after the new ICUE software was installed. One thing I did want to note to make sure you update the software on the AIO. I wasn't able to update it because of various 3rd party rgb controller and tuners such as Logitech G Hub and MSI afterburner. I had the option to disable it but I uninstalled both because I wasn't using them anyways. I see some people here may have issues with ICUE not recognizing. Not sure if this will help you but worth a try. It's been working swell for me.

Tried it all, but no luck. Thanks though

3 hours ago, HJKim said:

I just solved this problem, I solved it by using a USB 3.0 header to 2.0 header converter.
I bought an NZXT internal hub a few days ago and this did not help solve the problem.

822964_600.jpg

Just ordered one,  hopefully this works the magic.

I've had this LCD cooler for over the past month and its been working fine. Yesterday all of a sudden the screen has been doing exactly what everyone is describing here. On top of that I've lost the hardware screen, and setup screen options in Icue for the device. Now I was running an older version of Icue and this just happened out of the blue without me touching anything recently.

So I went and did what everyone has done here. I update Icue and forced a firmware update and nothing works to solve the problem. I took a look at windows update history on my machine for 12/20/21 to 12/19/21 as the problem started 12/20/21. I cannot find any updates on that date so I am clueless as to why the LCD functionality has been lost in Icue.

I am running widows 11 on a ASUS Z690-A Prime mother board.

As can be seen in the screenshots the cooler is detected but no hardware screen, and setup screen options for the device.

Screenshot 2021-12-21 100825.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-21 101142.jpg

5 hours ago, HJKim said:

I just solved this problem, I solved it by using a USB 3.0 header to 2.0 header converter.
I bought an NZXT internal hub a few days ago and this did not help solve the problem.

822964_600.jpg

I got mine prebuilt from Origin and it looks like they already have a similar set up for mine. Its plugged directly into the mother board.

6 minutes ago, Vinral said:

I got mine prebuilt from Origin and it looks like they already have a similar set up for mine. Its plugged directly into the mother board.

This may be a work around however my LCD has been working for over a month perfectly without this converter. Something else is at play here. Wish I had the knowledge to know what it was.

1 minute ago, Cross161 said:

This may be a work around however my LCD has been working for over a month perfectly without this converter. Something else is at play here. Wish I had the knowledge to know what it was.

There's just a lot of inconsistences with the different fixes I'm seeing, and there seem to be lot. So say the NZXT hub works, some move it to a new usb slot, some use the adapter, or uninstall iCue completely and it just randomly works. There doesnt seem to be a real reason as to why this is happening or why it's so random.

Its just work ONLY ONE TIME ...
On first install - the connector doesnt matter...
(directly USB 9 Pin, USB A -> USB 9 PIN Adapter, NZXT Usb intern splitter, Commander Pro ...)

Please fix that -.-