Corsair Community

LGA1700 Retrofit Kit still not available

Pixsik

34 minutes ago, CivilizedAge said:

Ok I went ahead and installed my Alder Lake chip using the current LGA 1200 standoffs. This is using an Elite Capellix AIO. Idle temps are 33C and Coolant temp is 30C. Once I get the LGA 1700 retro fit kit, I will install those standoffs. But this seems to be working ok, even if not ideal.

I am glad I have read that someone tried this and it appears to be working.
I have the Corsair Hydro 115i RGB Platinum and waiting for the brackets to arrive, but since the 1200 holes on your ASUS board are working for you, I think I am going to give this a shot and see what happens.

Otherwise it will be a case of buying a new MSI cooler as although I bought my clips Thursday morning and payment has been taken, my clips are still stating awaiting shipping date.

2 hours ago, CivilizedAge said:

Saw some folks on Reddit say they installed the cooler on Alder Lake using the LGA 1200 standoff screws and the cooling was fine. has anyone else tried this?

Where did you see this on Reddit?
I have been searching for results from other people for hours.

59 minutes ago, bsmaff said:

I actually can't remember which post it was now but the person said they never exceeded 58C on New World use the LGA 1200 standoffs. I am sure the 1700 standoffs will cool better once they arrive. 

1 hour ago, bsmaff said:

I am glad I have read that someone tried this and it appears to be working.
I have the Corsair Hydro 115i RGB Platinum and waiting for the brackets to arrive, but since the 1200 holes on your ASUS board are working for you, I think I am going to give this a shot and see what happens.

Otherwise it will be a case of buying a new MSI cooler as although I bought my clips Thursday morning and payment has been taken, my clips are still stating awaiting shipping date.

Yeah the Asus board I have (Tuf Gaming Z690 D4 Wi-Fi) has the LGA 1200 holes so the existing bracket works perfectly.

Personally wouldn't risk it, waiting the few weeks knowing you are getting the proper fitting , then not having to partly rebuild it weeks later is a safer option imo. 

Nothing I want more than to build my pc, had all parts day before launch , even have seperate aio with bracket , but that after much deliberation is not worthy and wouldn't cool sufficient enough so going to re sell it. 

Think the worst thing is , screws are saying processing , if it's not posted next few days , it might fall out of the 2 week timeframe. That would run salt in the wound 😞

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:53 PM, Penster said:

Mine have arrived.... also in stock to add to basket on UK site.

Now to wait for my Mobo to arrive. 

How? I ordered on them on the UK site for UK delivery on the 3rd November and it still says processing? When did you order them?

4 hours ago, MonkeyMan0 said:

Personally wouldn't risk it, waiting the few weeks knowing you are getting the proper fitting , then not having to partly rebuild it weeks later is a safer option imo. 

Nothing I want more than to build my pc, had all parts day before launch , even have seperate aio with bracket , but that after much deliberation is not worthy and wouldn't cool sufficient enough so going to re sell it. 

Think the worst thing is , screws are saying processing , if it's not posted next few days , it might fall out of the 2 week timeframe. That would run salt in the wound 😞

Delivery was really fast. 
Ordered early hours 3rd November. 
Posted via DHL on the same day. 
Through customs on the 4th.
Delivered to my address on the 5th.

So would only have to post three days before the end of the 2 weeks for you to get them.

5 hours ago, MonkeyMan0 said:

Totally fair point. I played a bunch of Vanguard last night and the CPU temp never crossed 45C. I’d expect once the 1700 kit comes in, that could possibly be even lower. 

Edited by CivilizedAge

16 hours ago, bsmaff said:

Found one! 

On 11/7/2021 at 7:20 AM, Ady1976 said:

How? I ordered on them on the UK site for UK delivery on the 3rd November and it still says processing? When did you order them?

Oh I also ordered them on the 3rd November... 

5 hours ago, bsmaff said:

I have just set up my H170i Elite Capellix using the LGA 1200 clips.
The CPU temperature running RealTemp for the past 12 hours, although not done any gaming has not gone over 35c

So you use the 1200 standoffs and seems to be ok? Thanks

I ordered mine 3rd November and DHL lost the package...

Edited by Dushu

10 minutes ago, BDay33 said:

n00b question here - just bought a Z690 motherboard and a 12700k along with H150i Elite Capellix. I'm assuming I would need the whole $14.99 retention kit, correct?

No you just need the LGA1700 Retrofit kit.
Or you can just use the LGA1200 bracket.

So just had a game of PUBG for 30 mins and Red Dead 2 for 20 mins using the LGA1200 screws and bracket, my CPU reached a maximum temperature of 47c.
My profile is also set to Quiet on all fans and the pump.

I am not sure if the temps will even go down with the correct brackets.

Edited by bsmaff
  • Like 1

Mine still says processing so decided after all that waiting , buying new coolers and brackets ( I'm now about £500 all in buying stuff I shouldn't have to just for that £2.99 screw set....thanks Corsair  😕 ).

I am selling all my brackets and coolers I bought as a work around , and I just used the lga1200 brackets and standoffs that came with the capellix  360mm aio. After 9 hours building , it's finally set up. 

Runs perfectly fine ,but have not gamed for an extensive time. I can see this would be a temp solution so will be used and re thermal pasted when screws arrive. But yes no issues in mounting , and I did do a mounting run a few days before to see how bad the thermal coverage was . And the cooler touches the top and bottom of the CPU , but where it gets the hottest ,which is the middle ,....yeah it didn't touch it. But that was using the pre applied thermal paste from the cooler , and when I did the proper build I used alot more paste so in theory it should be 80_90% fine.

I'll update if I find temps to hot or run into any issues. But man ,ye that CPU is faster 🙂

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BDay33 said:

n00b question here - just bought a Z690 motherboard and a 12700k along with H150i Elite Capellix. I'm assuming I would need the whole $14.99 retention kit, correct?

Pretty much what I have, except I have the 12900k and a white H150i Elite Capellix, you only seem to need the standoffs (LGA1700 retrofit) since you can use the LGA1200/Intel backplate.

My i5, motherboard, RAM and cooler (iCUE H115 RGB PRO XT) arrived yesterday, I also ordered the retrofit kit a few days ago and my order still shows as "Processing - ship date to be confirmed".  I notice on the product page for the retrofit kit it no longer says to allow two weeks for delivery, hopefully that means that existing, unfulfilled orders will start moving soon...

I recommend H150i Pro RGB and other Asetek based AIO users to check Gear Seekers 12600k+3060ti build video. He uses LGA 1366 bracket to mount AIO on MSI Z690 Tomahawk D4 motherboard which doesn't have LGA1200 holes like ASUS motherboads. LGA 1366 has 80x80mm mounting spacing and LGA1700 has 78x78mm. The intel backplate which comes with AIO, is adjustable between LGA1366 and LGA115x(72x72mm). So it may be worth to try this solution before buying a brand new AIO. Also getting LGA1700 retrofit kit may improve the mounting pressure and cooling.  

18 minutes ago, Pokeetz said:

The product page for the kit now says "Pre-order" and I spoke to a rep asking about those of us who order it last week and they said "we will be emailed when the item ships which will be when it's available in 2-3 weeks"...

Yeah, I just noticed the page went from add to cart to pre-order.... 2-3 weeks. 😭

On 11/8/2021 at 2:38 PM, Penster said:

Oh I also ordered them on the 3rd November... 

Cheers thanks I ordered on the 3rd also and the status of the order still says reserved for the last 2 days, If they don't ship tomorrow we won't have this week and come next Wednesday it's 2 weeks already, Shambles to say the least.

Edited by Reinforcer
Correction

12900K için ön sipariş verdim, önümüzdeki hafta kesinlikle geliyor ve elimde H150i Elite Capellix sıvı soğutucu mevcut. Lga 1700 ile uyumlu olmasını sağlayan kiti Corsair'in kullanıcılarına ücretsiz olarak vermesi mümkün değil mi?

13 hours ago, Reinforcer said:

Cheers thanks I ordered on the 3rd also and the status of the order still says reserved for the last 2 days, If they don't ship tomorrow we won't have this week and come next Wednesday it's 2 weeks already, Shambles to say the least.

I checked status of mine last night and it still said processing. Checked store page and it just said add to cart ...no mention of anything else time wise. 

Just checked now ( 7hrs later at 7am) , store now gone back to original delivered in 2 weeks, and finally my status shows shipping soon . ( Ordered on 3rd , minutes after they went live ) 

Also an update using the lga1200 standoffs and bracket , after intense gaming sessions , I would say it's actually running cooler than my last processor ,though I went from a 240mm aio to a 360mm aio, with a better fan set up also. 

• Like 2

I built my system last night, still waiting on my retrofit kit so I just used the LGA1200 standoffs,  The cooler seems to fit snugly onto the CPU, I watched the CPU temp in the BIOS for about ten minutes and it never went above 32C.  I'll probably change to the retrofit kit standoffs when they eventually arrive.

Unfortunately my system crashes with BSOD when attempting to install Windows 10 (from a freshly-created install USB drive) so I'm not quite there yet...