Corsair Community

When will Corsair have DDR5 Dummy Dimms?

Ca1ibos

Just pre-ordered a 12900k, Asus Rog Maximus Hero Z690 and 2x16GB Dimms of Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 from a UK retailer who jumped the gun.

If I don't have dual ranked and it doesn't hurt performance or if DDR5 is always dual ranked then I would be happy to stick with 32GB and simply populate the other 2 Dimm slots with DDR5 Dominator RGB Dummy Dimms.

So the question is when they will have Dummy Dimms?

Will be good to know, but maybe wait first to see what kind of temperatures you get with DDR5.

With the VRM being ON the sticks, they will need more airflow

• Corsair Employees
On 10/27/2021 at 9:03 AM, Ca1ibos said:

Just pre-ordered a 12900k, Asus Rog Maximus Hero Z690 and 2x16GB Dimms of Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 from a UK retailer who jumped the gun.

If I don't have dual ranked and it doesn't hurt performance or if DDR5 is always dual ranked then I would be happy to stick with 32GB and simply populate the other 2 Dimm slots with DDR5 Dominator RGB Dummy Dimms.

So the question is when they will have Dummy Dimms?

Unfortunately can't comment on unreleased products.  We did offer VENGEANCE Light Enhancement kits for DDR4, but not Dominator Platinum.

• 2 months later...

I would ask that Corsair seriously consider making dummy Dominator RGB Modules.  I bet these would do very well.  🤑

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...