Corsair Community

When will Corsair have DDR5 Dummy Dimms?

Ca1ibos

Just pre-ordered a 12900k, Asus Rog Maximus Hero Z690 and 2x16GB Dimms of Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 from a UK retailer who jumped the gun.

If I don't have dual ranked and it doesn't hurt performance or if DDR5 is always dual ranked then I would be happy to stick with 32GB and simply populate the other 2 Dimm slots with DDR5 Dominator RGB Dummy Dimms.

So the question is when they will have Dummy Dimms?

• Like 2

Will be good to know, but maybe wait first to see what kind of temperatures you get with DDR5.

With the VRM being ON the sticks, they will need more airflow

• Corsair Employee
On 10/27/2021 at 9:03 AM, Ca1ibos said:

Just pre-ordered a 12900k, Asus Rog Maximus Hero Z690 and 2x16GB Dimms of Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 from a UK retailer who jumped the gun.

If I don't have dual ranked and it doesn't hurt performance or if DDR5 is always dual ranked then I would be happy to stick with 32GB and simply populate the other 2 Dimm slots with DDR5 Dominator RGB Dummy Dimms.

So the question is when they will have Dummy Dimms?

Unfortunately can't comment on unreleased products.  We did offer VENGEANCE Light Enhancement kits for DDR4, but not Dominator Platinum.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

I would ask that Corsair seriously consider making dummy Dominator RGB Modules.  I bet these would do very well.  🤑

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Or maybe just make 8GB sticks? I'm sure 64GB's will be necessary someday, but not this generation. A 4x8GB kit should still be fine.

For the most part, we've all committed to garish displays of absolutely useless RGB, but I still have a hard time justifying purely cosmetic bits and pieces...

the higher the speed, the better it is to have less sticks if you want to get to the advertised XMP frequencies. I can't see people willing to pay for 4x8 sticks and losing performance or crash constantly just to have shiny lights while at the same time running their ram hotter because almost no airflow in 4 sticks config.

On intel spec for Alder lake, the max speed of 4800 is reached on motherboards with one slot per channel.

Two slots pe channel (our 4 slots mobos) the spec drops to 4400 if you only use two sticks, and 4000 or less if you use 4 sticks (3600 with dual rank memory).

Of course that's a spec, on XMP you can go higher but that gives an idea on the hit you can experience when using 4 sticks instead of just 2.

• 4 months later...

I'm also looking for Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 Light Enhancement Kits. Corsair Nick said he can't comment on unreleased products. Is there someone else that can? Even knowing it's part of Corsair's plan would suffice for now.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:27 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Unfortunately can't comment on unreleased products.  We did offer VENGEANCE Light Enhancement kits for DDR4, but not Dominator Platinum.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee

No updates as of right now.  Best way is to sign up for our newsletter on the main website.  Completely understand why you would like a DDR5 version @TurkaFroda, and would like us to share more details, but this is a company policy.  If we do have an update, we'll be sure to share with the community.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Corsair product owner chiming in. I'm building a new Ryzen 7000 PC. Please release dummy rgb memory that matches the Vengeance RGB DDR5 sticks. New Ryzen chips do not like more than two memory sticks. Two sticks of rgb memory in a PC just looks wrong. The previous dummy rgb sticks have outstanding reviews on Amazon.

Corsair, please release updated RGB dummy sticks. I'm counting on you! If you include tiny fans in them that would be epic.

Cheers!

Long overdue too.

Please release dominator ddr5 dummy sticks… I would buy two of these for even up to $99 for the pair, such an easy way to take our money 😀

• 4 weeks later...

Literally signed up on the site to +1 this request. New AM5 build on 2x32gb DDR5 and this is needed by everyone in the same boat. No one likes looking at empty DIMM slots, it's a tragedy. I just gave you guys alllll my money: 5000T, H150i, additional LL120 fans, K70 MK2, Ironclaw, ST100 - I need *1* thing to finish my build. 

@Corsair please send help.

Thanks

Edited by delitax

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 2:04 PM, Corsair Nick said:

No updates as of right now.  Best way is to sign up for our newsletter on the main website.  Completely understand why you would like a DDR5 version @TurkaFroda, and would like us to share more details, but this is a company policy.  If we do have an update, we'll be sure to share with the community.

Hello,

I too would gladly buy Corsair dummy sticks to complete my Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 kit.

@Corsair Nick any update on this?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Corsair Nick Joined this forum for the sole purpose of requesting this as well. Do you know if Corsair is even considering building this? Am I right in thinking that this is not too difficult to build considering you just have to subtract the memory handling part on an existing DDR5 DIMMs? I think, at this point, the community (customers) would be happy with just about any DDR5 based RGB Dummy RAM. I personally would request the DDR5 Vengeance Model.

Please rope in the appropriate person who can make this happen! Thank you!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Most people in this thread are asking for Dominator dummy Dimms. I need Vengeance DDR5 Dummies (light enhancement sticks) Pronto. It's really not difficult! Just make Dimms without the IC's. I can't understand why anyone would go for DDR5 Dominators? The timings are loose!!! Paying for aesthetics SMH. DDR5 Dummies now 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 Light Enhancement Kits!!! AM5 Builders Need This Product to exist. 

Yes, it is just for aesthetics but it's a peace of mind factor for the compulsive types (ME). Please make them Yesterday.

I will check this thread intermittently since Corsair Nick seems to chime in occasionally.

I will never sacrifice speed/latency for looks but with A DDR5 L.E.K. I could have it all!