Corsair Community

Corsair One a200 - Limited fan control after updating to Windows 21H1

jtompkinsx

• 1 month later...

I can confirm having this issue too.  Seemed to coincide with a Windows update back in the fall of 23CY.   

I have a Corsair One i200 purchase 1.2 years ago... 

Fan runs non-stop, 60 deg C coolant temp when playing games.  Even tried setting fan settings in the BIOS to optimal. Note the system fan is disabled due to coolant pump loop.  Was able to set the MOS fan to manual to get ~2000rpm...doesn't help.

Coolant system seems to run hot all the time now.  Blinking red lights constantly.  Disappointing...

• 2 weeks later...

I suddenly have a similar issue with my i164 on 22H2.
I don't know why, but the top fan doesn't adjust its speed to the heat anymore...
I noticed it when the led turned red and the fan suddenly jumped to 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems I'm having the same issue with my newly acquired i300. Everything else is working great but the default setting drops the top fan to 0 rpm meanwhile the extreme setting maxes out the top fan. The custom setting will keep the fan at the setting but won't ramp up when needed like it is supposed to. Was working before Windows updated the system now not sure if I should reinstall IQUE... or roll back whichever update causes this issue. Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

This is a known issue many of us just set it to custom constant 50% or higher I usually set to 60%.  Best that can be done.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Folks, I've also suddenly had overheating issues with my Corsair a200 (System fan will run at 100%, right facing light pipe will blink red) - checked the cooling log and it was showing GPU termistor fail - iCue fan was set to nothing initially (not sure if iCue update wiped profile settings?) - running iCue 5.12.97 - I've now set to custom at 60% as per zguy85's post - hopefully will help resolve but curious why this is suddenly an issue and no update from Corsair if Windows Update has broken functionality with iCue/Fan profiles? -I've also logged a call with Corsair support. 

Update here regarding this issue on my Corsair One i200.  I've found that GeForce driver updates highly influence this as well.  Some releases, it's fine...others seems like things heat up way to fast even with non-taxing graphics loads.  

So while I think Corsair could do a better job of knowing what's coming out and being on top of it, I think between Windows and GeForce updates, it can be a crap shoot.  Today's (4/16/24) GeForce driver 552.22 seems to make things better...with iCUE and Window's not having any updates...

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 5:33 AM, Hooping said:

Update here regarding this issue on my Corsair One i200.  I've found that GeForce driver updates highly influence this as well.  Some releases, it's fine...others seems like things heat up way to fast even with non-taxing graphics loads.  

So while I think Corsair could do a better job of knowing what's coming out and being on top of it, I think between Windows and GeForce updates, it can be a crap shoot.  Today's (4/16/24) GeForce driver 552.22 seems to make things better...with iCUE and Window's not having any updates...

Could you be more specific about what improved ?

I'm running a fresh install of W11 and latest (552.22) GeForce Drivers, but I still have the same issue as before.
Top Fan stays at 0% until CPU Coolant reaches 60°C.  It then goes full throttle with red blinking leds on the front panel.

Hey-  when I say improve, I'm referring to SETTING MANUALLY the fans to 90% duty cycle and running games, etc. and observing the core temps via iCUE.   prior GeForce drivers had my temps going up to 60 C.  this latest 552.22 update now runs at 50 C.  But again...this is while the fans are set manually to a high point.

If you set the the cooling to default...the fans go to zero then the temp creeps up, and once it hits 60C, it turns on frantically to cool it...then it goes to zero after reducing the temperature temporarily.

This doesn't excuse the fact that the default setting for iCUE is a joke, and no thought went into it in terms of a 'smart' DC vs temp strategy.  It's piss poor out the box and you have to manually set it to at least 60% all the time, even went not running anything (games).  

My issue was that even when you set fans at max speeds...like 100%, I would still get 60 C temps.  But when a windows or GeForce update goes through, sometimes it goes to 50 C or 40 C. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I did today get around the issue - I had previously changed the top fan to a Noctua NF-A 140mm and so bypassed the top fan connection, and used the system fan header located above the riser cable adjacent to the nvme drive stack. The cable is long enough and routed behind the 8-pin psu cable to the motherboard, it doesn't contact or cause issues while in operation, and the top snaps closed. Then going into the bios, and adusting the fan curve for the cpu allows ramping up and down based on the cpu temperature. But this is only half a solution... what needs to happen is the top fan needs to adjust either for for cpu temperatures or for gpu temperatures. After doing some reading and research, the best solution seems to be what others have commmented... FanControl software where you can adjust curves based on either cpu, gpu, or something else, and having it respod accordingly, then  try to baseline at the intersection of the curves while at system idle or normal daily use. iCue cooling settings don't respond obviously, but the rest of the metrics are normal, showing that the pass around doesn't affect the pumps which remain at their respective rpm's. Thanks.