Corsair Community

This is a keyboard my friend gave me because he was having issues with it and didn't want to go through the troubleshooting process, he just upgraded.

When I first went to test the keyboard I plugged it into my 2011 MacBook Pro (I am building a new computer, but waiting on some parts) it worked fine, it lit up, my computer recognized it and I was able to type. But after restarting my computer I have been unable to get it to work at all. Even tried plugging it into a much newer MacBook and still nothing.

When I plug it into my MacBook I get a "CRP DISABLD" drive that shows up on my desktop. I have tried anything I can find online to troubleshoot.

Any thoughts on what I could try next? I will have a PC to test on in the next couple of days.

• Corsair Employee
This is a keyboard my friend gave me because he was having issues with it and didn't want to go through the troubleshooting process, he just upgraded.

When I first went to test the keyboard I plugged it into my 2011 MacBook Pro (I am building a new computer, but waiting on some parts) it worked fine, it lit up, my computer recognized it and I was able to type. But after restarting my computer I have been unable to get it to work at all. Even tried plugging it into a much newer MacBook and still nothing.

When I plug it into my MacBook I get a "CRP DISABLD" drive that shows up on my desktop. I have tried anything I can find online to troubleshoot.

Any thoughts on what I could try next? I will have a PC to test on in the next couple of days.

Sorry you're having trouble.

Force update the firmware via iCUE on the Mac -

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue-mac

If you are still experiencing issues, please contact support.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us

I am now currently on a brand new PC. I plugged in the keyboard and it worked perfectly about 20 min ago. Unplug and plugged back in and now it is back to showing CRP Disabld. I have talked to support and they have sent me the firmware files to update but they aren't accomplishing anything. Every time I unplug and plug back in the old firmware.bin is in the CRP Disabld file.

Considering the cost of this keyboard I would not have expected it to spontaneously have problems like this. I am looking for any other suggestions as how to remedy this problem.

Well since I posted that last reply I seem to have been able to get the file to stick.

I ended up deleting the firmware.bin file and replacing it with the one they provided, then before unplugging I held the reset button on the back as I unplugged and plugged it back in. I may have replugged it a few times but even when it was showing as CRP Disabld I could see that the file I had placed in the file had stayed. After a few times of replugging, it seems to be working again.

I was even able to turn my computer off and back on and it stayed working. Hopefully, this answer could help someone else down the road and save a little frustration.

If you are looking for support I did find that calling was the quickest way to get through.

• Corsair Employee
Well since I posted that last reply I seem to have been able to get the file to stick.

I ended up deleting the firmware.bin file and replacing it with the one they provided, then before unplugging I held the reset button on the back as I unplugged and plugged it back in. I may have replugged it a few times but even when it was showing as CRP Disabld I could see that the file I had placed in the file had stayed. After a few times of replugging, it seems to be working again.

I was even able to turn my computer off and back on and it stayed working. Hopefully, this answer could help someone else down the road and save a little frustration.

If you are looking for support I did find that calling was the quickest way to get through.

I hope I helped in a little way but I'm glad our support was able to help you out :)