Corsair Community

K55 RGB EU-GR FALSE advertising Shift Key dimensions

I got my K55 RGB two days ago from reputable Greek store due internet order.

Product picture at the store this demonstrated a regular double in size left Shift key.

Carton box pictures are also demonstrating the same.

And the actual product this is different with a tiny single Shift key and next to it a useless key that this is actually a duplicate of dedicated for arrows (> < ).

Single Left Shift key this is USELESS for gaming.

I am now seriously considering that I am victim of CORSAIR FALSE advertising and to return the unit back for refund.

Does CORSAIR feels the obligation to intervene?

Why the store and consumers to get in to such trouble due CORSAIR FAULT ?

CORSAIR-K55-EU-GR-PROBLEM_1.thumb.jpg.c8c99b5f62f49f751483f8826c4a0591.jpg

CORSAIR-K55-EU-GR-PROBLEM_2.thumb.jpg.25c8f99e042d08fc1d95b4c05baf3d7c.jpg

CORSAIR-K55-UNBOXING-GR-05.thumb.jpg.bd339c4d371c948a2cabeccfbe2a00c1.jpg

CORSAIR-K55-UNBOXING-GR-06.thumb.jpg.178a75979d96f72fcbb31399439a011f.jpg

CORSAIR-K55-UNBOXING-GR-01.thumb.jpg.ec34b8c4d6e9d5e9f24aa9af0aa6b8c6.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Hi Kiriakos,

This is not meant to be false advertising, we simply put the English renderings of the keyboards on that box's regional variant due to logistical constraints with printing the boxes.

If you are unsatisfied with your keyboard and purchased it recently, we would recommend returning it to the original retailer in this instance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited by Corsair Blade

Hi Kiriakos,

This is not meant to be false advertising, we simply put the English renderings of the keyboards on that box's regional variant due to logistical constraints with printing the boxes.

If you are unsatisfied with your keyboard and purchased it recently, we would recommend returning it to the original retailer in this instance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is the most hilarious justification, what about logistics and losses of local shops and consumers?

What about the negative impact due this negative consumer experience to CORSAIR Logo?

Other problems at this keyboard this is fonts over keys, neither dot symbol from comma this is can be easily seen, question mark along email symbol they are both compressed and distorted.

This product it should be removed from the market.

not to defend Corsair but.. my french keyboard (K70) also has the US keyboard on the box, and the french inside.

Also has the small Shift key which is standard for this layout. My Lenovo laptop, same small shift, the Logitech keybaord at home, same small shift.

The greek standard layout has small shift + double angled bracket like ours, so you got what you paid for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#Greek

If you want the large shift key, you'll have to buy a keyboard with US layout, or a model that doesn't follow your local standard.

not to defend Corsair but.. my french keyboard (K70) also has the US keyboard on the box, and the french inside.

Also has the small Shift key which is standard for this layout. My Lenovo laptop, same small shift, the Logitech keybaord at home, same small shift.

The greek standard layout has small shift + double angled bracket like ours, so you got what you paid for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#Greek

If you want the large shift key, you'll have to buy a keyboard with US layout, or a model that doesn't follow your local standard.

Let me inform you of Keyboard and Gaming standards.

A,W,D,S these are controller of direction at gaming, and the large Shift this is selector of Run or Walk.

Hand human anatomy, this is very specific.

As is this keyboard, its impossible continues control of Shift key along A,W,D.

Microsoft follow this layout at Greek keyboards too for 25 years (large Left Shift).

Microsoft is the one followed best practices in consultation of health department, their range of products serving healthy computing, by offering of accessories that will not cause strain and or pain and or long term human body dis-formation and or injuries.

The layout at wiki this is relative to type writer machines.

well.. if you absolutely need a large shift key when using WASD you must have very tiny hands then ^^ but as you said.. human anatomy, we don't all have the same fingers.

I hope you find that good keyboard.

I will give a useful tip.

Do not buy the Logitech G213, this is a keyboard made for giants, as we are all in Greece.

Either way, all that I care right now this is to get my refund.