Corsair Community

Bug with the Nexus. Screen pauses after some time.

I've found a strange bug. After some time, the screen will pause all monitoring and just freeze frame. After tapping the screen, it will fast forward like a 10x video to catch up to the current frame and resume monitoring.

iCue - 3.37.140

Nexus Firmware - 2.2.6

Has anyone experienced this as well?

Edited by axiun

Mine has started doing this as well. Stalls out and stops updating, eventually I notice and touch it and then it goes psycho speeding through a billion missed updates to get to current state.

iCue version 3.38.61 (but the prior version did it too)

nexus firmware 2.2.6

"Enable display timeout" option for Nexusa is NOT enabled.

I unplugged and replugged the device from usb.... so far it's been running about 8 hours without a stall, whereas before hand it was stalling out any time I turned my head for 5-10 minutes.

Not a "fix" at all, but potentially a workaround and maybe a hint where to look for the problem.

• 1 month later...
Still happening. I did a complete teardown uninstall, registry purge everything and clean download and fresh install of the latest version of icue4 and even a simple one-page nexus window still pauses and needs to be touched to start again.

• 3 months later...

I think I might've found the fix sure to keep you posted. If you open windows settings and navigate to the power and sleep settings. There is a screen display setting, if you turn that to never, the display should stay up and won't have to catch up, I've never had issues with crashing, maybe once or twice in the last three weeks I've had it running it continuously.

I never noticed this setting but I vaguely remember adjusting my power and sleep settings before I ran into this issue.

I also encountered this issue soon after I got my stream deck but I don't believe that to be the reason.

On 3/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, axiun said:

I've found a strange bug. After some time, the screen will pause all monitoring and just freeze frame. After tapping the screen, it will fast forward like a 10x video to catch up to the current frame and resume monitoring.

iCue - 3.37.140

Nexus Firmware - 2.2.6

Has anyone experienced this as well?

On 8/30/2021 at 10:31 AM, Casfromthepast said:

I think I might've found the fix sure to keep you posted. If you open windows settings and navigate to the power and sleep settings. There is a screen display setting, if you turn that to never, the display should stay up and won't have to catch up, I've never had issues with crashing, maybe once or twice in the last three weeks I've had it running it continuously.

I never noticed this setting but I vaguely remember adjusting my power and sleep settings before I ran into this issue.

I also encountered this issue soon after I got my stream deck but I don't believe that to be the reason.

Can confirm I have found the fix, the screen will simply sleep when you do not interact with it like you do your normal display. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 5:16 PM, Casfromthepast said:

Can confirm I have found the fix, the screen will simply sleep when you do not interact with it like you do your normal display. 

I can confirm that adjusting your sleep/wake settings can help, but I've also noticed that whenever you plug in new devices the problem seems to arise, unplugging and replugging it in should also help, I've also noticed that using usb passthrough devices can cause this problem to happen as well. 

On 9/18/2021 at 3:43 AM, Casfromthepast said:

but I've also noticed that whenever you plug in new devices the problem seems to arise, unplugging and replugging it in should also help,

Connecting another CUE managed USB device is likely to trigger a temporary screen freeze as the program appears to reassess all connected devices. This has been happening for several versions now and perhaps it is necessary for functionality, Nexus or the other device.

However, the screen should resume after a couple seconds and likely with the fast forward effect. If it does not recover, turn on debug logging in the settings and try and grab the logs from when this happens. This temporary freeze on new device connect is expected, but any kind of permanent freeze like described above or from connecting a new device is not. The new device connect should not require a screen touch to correct itself. 

• 1 year later...