Corsair Community

RM850x 8 pin connections

geezbill

The labeling on the PS is confusing. There are five 8-pin connections on the PS can any or all of them be used for pcie connections (GPU power) or are 2 of them only to be used for CPU? I'm using this as a secondary PS so i dont have any need to connect a CPU to it.

51JvDAmmJ5L._AC_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! not even the manual says anything about this

Power supply manuals are notorious for being very terse. I have often commented about builds and components in a build.

Need to make more posts on the topic when DDR5 surfaces

• Corsair Employee
Power supply manuals are notorious for being very terse. I have often commented about builds and components in a build.

Need to make more posts on the topic when DDR5 surfaces

In all honesty the markings on the PSU and in the manual is pretty clear when it comes to our PSU connections. Why is it that the simple language of "SATA & Peripheral" is for some reason easy to understand that those plugs are for both the sata and molex cables, but for some reason the marking of "6+2 PCIE & 4+4 CPU" is not clear? The use of the ampersand sign is a clear "and" statement meaning its inclusive of both cables for the 8pin power connectors, same as the molex and sata cable connectors.

In all honesty the markings on the PSU and in the manual is pretty clear when it comes to our PSU connections. Why is it that the simple language of "SATA & Peripheral" is for some reason easy to understand that those plugs are for both the sata and molex cables, but for some reason the marking of "6+2 PCIE & 4+4 CPU" is not clear? The use of the ampersand sign is a clear "and" statement meaning its inclusive of both cables for the 8pin power connectors, same as the molex and sata cable connectors.

I like that Corsair cables are clearly marked to simplify selection from a large bin of them. They have accumulated over time.

Why is it that the simple language of "SATA & Peripheral" is for some reason easy to understand that those plugs are for both the SATA and Molex cables, but for some reason, the marking of "6+2 PCIE & 4+4 CPU" is not clear?

Easy..........it's no longer taught in public schools. Nor is plastered all over smartphones, though if that were to happen? Maybe, maybe, JUST maybe we'll have a few people smarter than their phones.

Imagine if all of a sudden Apple's billboard on a highway is like: The new iPhone 14 & 14 Pro! The number of millennials running off the road because they can't figure out that there are two new phones coming out.