Corsair Community

H150I RGB PRO XT (Fans are stuck between 250 - 307RPMs)?

QuayJay

As the title suggest I've just done a new build using the H150I RGB PRO XT and for whatever reason I'm unable to adjust the RMPs of my fans. I tried to insert an image below to show where they're stuck at.

I've set them to Quiet, Balanced and Extreme and they never change from just about what you see in the image.

attachment.php?attachmentid=40442&stc=1&d=1613197209

I tried moving around the fan connector from the CPU_Fan to the AIO_Pump just to see if anything changes but nothing does. I also tried to adjust the speeds in the BIOs but nothing would let me change the speeds of those fans. I have full control of my other 4 fans in my case but for some reason I can't adjust the fans connected to my radiator.

My other fans are all connected to the Commander PRO and everything is being controlled in iCUE.

If anybody has any ideas I'm all ears cause I've watched Youtube videos and I've been reading forums and nothing seems to help. I even tried to setup a custom fan speed under the Performance + tool but they ever changed.

So if somebody has a clue or a super informative Youtube video that I've over looked I'd really appreciate the help with this.

Your image didn’t show, but I’ll assume the fan curve you want is applied to the fans. It will highlight yellow on the left and then outline in yellow around any fan running that fan profile.

There have been several reports of XT/Platinum coolers locking up at the fan controller. Most users resolve this by force updating the firmware. Cue settings-> XT -> Check for updates (it’s up to date) -> force update. However, flashing the firmware is not completely without risk. It is possible to brick the cooler and make it undetectable. If you would prefer, contact Corsair support and shift the responsibility. You can move the fans to the MB for control in the interim. Otherwise BIOS controls have no effect on the cooler’s normal operations.

Yeah I've tried to do the Force Update for the firmware and while its doing the forced update the fans turn on to what sounds like max speed, so I know they're working but once the update finishes they drop back down to 300RPMs.

I've played with the fan connections a bit and moved thing around from the y Splitter for the pump but nothing seems to have changed. I even changed out my 6PIN power cable for the sata plugs I was using wondering if that was the problem but that didn't help.

I've emailed Corsair's support team to see if they can help me further.

I believe it has to be either something with the cables coming from the pump or the software is just trash and not communicating with the fans properly.

It’s normal for the fans to max out on firmware load since nothing is controlling them.

The “splitter” is actually two separate fan channels and each fan is independently controlled. So I think physical issues are a long shot since both fans or both cables would need to achieve a simultaneous and identical defect. I think this has to be at the internal controller or software level.

Make sure you on the most recent version of CUE. AMD 5000 series CPU support was only added in 3.37 after the CPUID SDK was updated for it. You must add it via the dashboard. The fans use coolant temp for control anyway — or at least they should. Using something else may cause weird fan behavior, but I’m afraid we have seen the stuck controller thing before.

Try a basic CUE install repair. Windows Settings -> Apps -> Corsair iCUE. Select modify and follow the prompts for a repair install. Also watch out when using other monitoring programs that access the AIO like AIDA or HWINFO. They will lock each other up and you usually get garbage data back. Loss of fan control is another symptom, but usually more erratic with disappearing fans or crazy values (40,000 rpm). You could try reposting the screenshot of the fan curve, just in case we are missing something obvious.