Corsair Community

ICue not working with Asus B460

chrismalyon

Hi I have a TUF Gaming B460 motherboard. It is detected in ICue however no matter what color effect I set it does not control the RGB lights connected to the motherboard. I have to open Armoury Crate to be able to change the color. I dont know what im missing. I have installed the Corsair Plugin for AuraSync but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

What RGB headers are you connecting the LEDs to? Also if you have Armoury Crate installed and running it will conflict and not allow the Asus Plugin to provide control to the iCUE software.

How do you have Armory Crate not installed with AURA? ASUS has combined these two pieces of software and there are many posts in this forum complaining their motherboards don't work anymore with iCue, including me.

Has this been addressed by Corsair at all?

• Corsair Employee
How do you have Armory Crate not installed with AURA? ASUS has combined these two pieces of software and there are many posts in this forum complaining their motherboards don't work anymore with iCue, including me.

Has this been addressed by Corsair at all?

Please re-read my previous post that you are being critical of. I stated if the OP had Armoury Crate installed AND running at the same time as the iCUE software it will conflict. You will not be able to run both software suites at the same time if you wish to have control of the Asus Motherboard and/or GPU RGB through the iCUE software.

Please re-read my previous post that you are being critical of. I stated if the OP had Armoury Crate installed AND running at the same time as the iCUE software it will conflict. You will not be able to run both software suites at the same time if you wish to have control of the Asus Motherboard and/or GPU RGB through the iCUE software.

So, are there any steps detailed by Corsair on the proper way of installing Armory Crate/AURA to make sure it's not running so that iCUE will work properly?

By "running," you mean the application itself? The service? And if so, which services, there are about 3-4 of them that ASUS runs with the software.

I've tried with Armory Crate/AURA installed, not installed, running, not running. No combination of this works with my Z490 Maximus Hero, even though it shows up in iCUE.

I've tried reinstalling iCUE as well with no effect.

• Corsair Employee
So, are there any steps detailed by Corsair on the proper way of installing Armory Crate/AURA to make sure it's not running so that iCUE will work properly?

By "running," you mean the application itself? The service? And if so, which services, there are about 3-4 of them that ASUS runs with the software.

I've tried with Armory Crate/AURA installed, not installed, running, not running. No combination of this works with my Z490 Maximus Hero, even though it shows up in iCUE.

I've tried reinstalling iCUE as well with no effect.

I am not here to provide detailed technical support. If you wish for such level of technical support then you will need to contact our Technical Support team by opening a support ticket at https://help.corsair.com. I am here to inform of the basics of functionality and the basics that will need to be done in order to allow for control of the supported devices with iCUE. If you did a quick Google search you will find a Youtube video detailing exactly how to setup Asus motherboard integration with the iCUE software.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I'll do that, but you should know that there are plenty of people complaining about issues with ASUS motherboards and the current version of iCUE.

This thread is one example, I'm a second, https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203833 here's a third. Plenty of threads at the top of the list here: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=311 as well.

I would expect Corsair employees who respond to these posts to be updated on if there are any issues plaguing their current software versions.

I'm not trying to pin blame on any company or person, merely trying to get an acknowledgement of an issue from anyone, not have people throw blame over the fence leaving the customers out to dry.

Hi,

It seems my post was highjacked a bit there. I have the 12v RGB header on my board. I have the Armoury Crate software installed but not running. (the lighting service and the armoury Crate services are both running) When I run the Icue software the Motherboard appears and I can select a static colour but the changes are not actual actioned. I have noticed that when my screensaver kicks in and the screen locks my K55 keyboard goes into rainbow mode and some times the motherboard LEDs also go into rainbow mode. However when i go back into the icue software i can not change the the motherboard from this so I have to go into Armoury Crate to set them back to static. It does look like a conflict however If i remove Armoury crate then the Motherboard icon disappears from Icue. I have followed the above video however this is based on the older aura sync app being installed which is now part of Armory Crate.

Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

It seems my post was highjacked a bit there. I have the 12v RGB header on my board. I have the Armoury Crate software installed but not running. (the lighting service and the armoury Crate services are both running) When I run the Icue software the Motherboard appears and I can select a static colour but the changes are not actual actioned. I have noticed that when my screensaver kicks in and the screen locks my K55 keyboard goes into rainbow mode and some times the motherboard LEDs also go into rainbow mode. However when i go back into the icue software i can not change the the motherboard from this so I have to go into Armoury Crate to set them back to static. It does look like a conflict however If i remove Armoury crate then the Motherboard icon disappears from Icue. I have followed the above video however this is based on the older aura sync app being installed which is now part of Armory Crate.

Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Utilize the Amoury Crate uninstall tool to completely remove the software, restart your system, download and install Aura Sync only, and then follow the instructions in the link below to perform a clean install of iCUE.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

• Corsair Employee
GPU support does not work with old Aura! useless solution.

The only other solution is not attempting to use ICUE to control your motherboard RGB then because the latest Armoury Crate simply breaks compatibility with the Asus provided plugin that iCUE uses to communicate with the Asus motherboard and GPU.

• 2 weeks later...
The only other solution is not attempting to use ICUE to control your motherboard RGB then because the latest Armoury Crate simply breaks compatibility with the Asus provided plugin that iCUE uses to communicate with the Asus motherboard and GPU.

Well that is unfortunate. I believe there was some collaboration between Corsair and Asus to get the Aura plug-in working in the first place, thus allowing ICUE to control Asus Mobo and RGB port lighting via the Asus provided Aura plug-in for ICUE.

So now Asus incorporated Aura into Armoury Crate, which broke the plug-in, and your advice is to either not try to use ICUE to control Asus RGB or uninstall Armoury Crate and install a stand alone version of Aura. Fair enough for now, but my question is does Corsair have any intention of approaching Asus again and asking if they can work this out, or is Corsair just giving up on having ICUE control Aura RGB?