Corsair Community

My earphones go very loud randomly

I got some void elite surround headphones around Christmas time, and I've tuned all of my EQs and it sounds amazing. But randomly when I'm listening to music, it turns very loud, and a lot of bass. Basically earraping me. Not too sure why it is doing this.

• 1 month later...
Have you found a solution? I have the same problem when playing ETS 2 or Squad where if a sound with bass happens the audio gets so loud, like earrape. Tried reinstalling icue and disabling some sound features windows has but nothing helped.

• 4 weeks later...
for me it happens on any EQ preset, the issue never happens when listening to music or youtube videos. It happens only on some games where a lot of sounds happen in the same time (war thunder, sometime euro truck simulator, squad) and when the headphones go loud i have to switch EQ preset to make it sound normal again (sometimes it doesnt help) or i have to wait like 10 seconds and they go back to normal again. I never had this issue, i played those games many times with my headphones but i think that after certain Icue update it broke and the issue started.

• Corsair Employee
for me it happens on any EQ preset, the issue never happens when listening to music or youtube videos. It happens only on some games where a lot of sounds happen in the same time (war thunder, sometime euro truck simulator, squad) and when the headphones go loud i have to switch EQ preset to make it sound normal again (sometimes it doesnt help) or i have to wait like 10 seconds and they go back to normal again. I never had this issue, i played those games many times with my headphones but i think that after certain Icue update it broke and the issue started.

Have you tried installing iCUE 4 to see if there's any improvement?

I'm having the same issue. Already tried changing the EQ presets, Windows Sample Rate to both CD and DVD (in the properties), reinstalling iCUE and the drivers completely, and it still happens every now and then in ArmA, Dying Light, Squad and sometimes in DayZ.

I hope that any new attempts to solve this can be found soon, because it hurts my ears everytime it happens.

• Corsair Employee

You can try a quick reset with your VOID PRO RGB Wireless to see if it's any help. To soft reset your headset:

1. Make sure your headset is currently unplugged.
  2. Make sure your headset is powered on.
  3. Hold the Mute button on the headset down for about 15 seconds.
  4. Hold down the power button until the headset turns on.
  5. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

Otherwise, I suggest opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com if not done so already.

Have had my Void Pro Wireless for almost 3 years now and mine just started doing this exact thing a few months ago. Doesn't happen very often but when it does, it definitely hurts my ears. Have to panic turn off my headset ever single time. I've tried everything from reinstalling/updating iCUE, reinstalling drivers, messing with my computer's audio, and even reupdating the firmware on my headset, but I've had no luck in figuring out how to stop it from happening.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this issue with Corsair Virtuoso. Both wireless,usb and 3.5mm.

Even tested with connecting the 3.5mm through ST100.

Seems to only happen with custom EQ when im using a high bass setting and also with bass boost eq preset.

The sound will go suddenly loud for a short time and then normal and then loud again.

Its not an extreme loudness but it is annoying.

Also does not happen if i terminate icue. But then nothing else works properly either with my rgb or fan settings.

Its not a constant problem some days it works just fine.

I also tried installing icue 4 but no difference.

Dont know if its icue or the headset itself that is causing the issue anyone have an idea of what more i can try?

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
I have this issue with Corsair Virtuoso. Both wireless,usb and 3.5mm.

Even tested with connecting the 3.5mm through ST100.

Seems to only happen with custom EQ when im using a high bass setting and also with bass boost eq preset.

The sound will go suddenly loud for a short time and then normal and then loud again.

Its not an extreme loudness but it is annoying.

Also does not happen if i terminate icue. But then nothing else works properly either with my rgb or fan settings.

Its not a constant problem some days it works just fine.

I also tried installing icue 4 but no difference.

Dont know if its icue or the headset itself that is causing the issue anyone have an idea of what more i can try?

Hi fanskap,

May I suggest a different EQ preset? This EQ preset can be downloaded and imported which seems to improve the issue while still retaining bass boost.

To import, click on "PROFILES" (yellow circle) and then the inversed arrows (orange circle).

attachment.php?attachmentid=40416&stc=1&d=1613001999

Otherwise, the EQ settings are below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=40417&stc=1&d=1613002091

Credit to Reddit user Waffle_Iron_McGee for this EQ preset.

Hi fanskap,

May I suggest a different EQ preset? This EQ preset can be downloaded and imported which seems to improve the issue while still retaining bass boost.

To import, click on "PROFILES" (yellow circle) and then the inversed arrows (orange circle).

Thanks i will try this setting and see if it works better.

Been testing some more and its perhpas not really an issue with the sound getting louder suddenly. Almost more like when theres alot of bass the sound gets lowered across all frequenices and when there is no more bass or less of it it returns to normal level.

And only seems to happen when the EQ settings used has the bass frequencies dialed up. More neutral settings seems to have no issues at all ever.

EDIT:

After a few hours of testing with this EQ setting the issue seems to be resolved and i still sounds good so i will run with this setting from now on.

Edited by fanskap
updating post with new info.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been coming across this situation all of a sudden, has been happening for the past month and I can't figure out why. Been using my own EQ settings and the headset is always sufficiently charged.

Only happens when I'm in a xbox party or messenger call and it lasts for roughly 5 seconds before returning to normal.

• 1 month later...
Hi DarknessCat,

Did you already try resetting your headset? I also suggest opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com if you haven't already done so.

Hi, sorry haven't looked here in a while, but the issue just happened again and it reminded me that I posted a reply here. I have reset it quite a few times using the given instructions but it still continues to happen. I'm using the default Bass Boost EQ Preset that comes with iCUE, and notice that the sound getting extremely loud isn't the only issue. I've noticed sometimes my headset gets extremely quiet too before "leveling out" back to how they sounded originally.

As I said, I've had this headset for a few years and this only started happening within the last 8 or so months, like a software update or something caused this.

• Corsair Employee
I've also been coming across this situation all of a sudden, has been happening for the past month and I can't figure out why. Been using my own EQ settings and the headset is always sufficiently charged.

Only happens when I'm in a xbox party or messenger call and it lasts for roughly 5 seconds before returning to normal.

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread?

Hi, sorry haven't looked here in a while, but the issue just happened again and it reminded me that I posted a reply here. I have reset it quite a few times using the given instructions but it still continues to happen. I'm using the default Bass Boost EQ Preset that comes with iCUE, and notice that the sound getting extremely loud isn't the only issue. I've noticed sometimes my headset gets extremely quiet too before "leveling out" back to how they sounded originally.

As I said, I've had this headset for a few years and this only started happening within the last 8 or so months, like a software update or something caused this.

What version of iCUE are you using?

• Corsair Employee

You can try checking if iCUE 4.13.223 resolves the issue. Otherwise, this EQ preset can be downloaded and imported which seems to alleviate the issue while still retaining bass boost.

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2021 at 3:36 AM, Blu9734 said:

I got some void elite surround headphones around Christmas time, and I've tuned all of my EQs and it sounds amazing. But randomly when I'm listening to music, it turns very loud, and a lot of bass. Basically earraping me. Not too sure why it is doing this.

Hey just made a acc in order reply to this thread! Have you tried using all other USB port on your PC? I've found a fix on my same issue but I'm not sure if it'll work on your situation.

On my setup I've remembered that I had my USB dongle put on the front USB ports initially when I got these headphones then some time later on decided to put them on the back (putting it directly to the motherboard via rear io ports) in order to make space on my front ports, then later on having the "bass boost" and distorted noise popping up randomly, after many months finding the solution I've decided to look at those "general" guide fixes and did the simplest thing "plugging at a different port" and it worked.

If this fixes your issue on putting that dongle on a different port lemme know!  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made an account just to inform you all that this is corsairs fault. Some driver along the way has broken all these headsets including my void wireless. I have tried every solution here and elsewhere. It started after an update that I clearly remember about a year ago and since then its been ear destruction. I know when its coming because it will all of a sudden cut the sound really low for a second then max it to oblivion then I have to go adjust the sound to very low in what ever video or game I am in for a few seconds manually (during those few seconds is it still very distorted but not loud even when sound is like 1%) and it will then go back to normal only to haunt me again out of no where. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to confirm that for me, the issue was my custom EQ settings. The "Bass Boost" setting (same one posted by @Corsair Albert) in iCue fixed the issue, but I still didn't like the sound as much as my custom EQ.

I ended up modifying my custom EQ a bit (lowering some of the different settings) to make it closer to the Bass Boost EQ. It's a bit dumb that this issue exists at all, but for me, I just had to find a compromise so that my headphones didn't explode my ears whenever a big bass sound happened.

For anyone curious, I have the wireless RGB Virtuoso Headset.

Below is what my preset looks like. Very close to the "Bass Boost" preset, but in my opinion, just a bit better. A bit more volume in the mid range.

8a84316d3a819392e5feb4ea8e5b0e5e.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...