Corsair Community

Using two 1.4m LS100 Strips ?

• 1 month later...
The two channels on the LS100 or Lighting Node Pro are each able to drive at least 1 of the 1.4M strips. A Commander Pro should be able to do the same

Is this confirmed? How about power consumption of 2 x 140cm strips on a lightning node pro. Does this work?

I wonder how the LS100 can handle the 1.4m stirps... in Hardware Configuration tab I can only set 250 and 350mm strips (and they don't work with manual setting)...

Sadly the worse Corsair products I've ever bought. :(

Baio

• Corsair Employee
I wonder how the LS100 can handle the 1.4m stirps... in Hardware Configuration tab I can only set 250 and 350mm strips (and they don't work with manual setting)...

Sadly the worse Corsair products I've ever bought. :(

Baio

Make sure you are running the most recent version of iCUE.

Make sure you are running the most recent version of iCUE.

I always do run the last version of iCue, but LS100 support is still so bad.

No way to support custom mixing of different lenght strips, no 21:9 monitor support (particularly video illumination), also static ligthing goes mad several times per day and I need to unplug/plug both USB and power cables.

Last version has also messed up RAM lighting and Asus mobo plugin.

Baio

• Corsair Employee
There are specific strip requirements for use with monitors and video lighting. The 1.4m strips are more intended for ambient lighting around your desk. But at the same time the claim of no Wide Screen monitor support is not true as we do have a widescreen monitor setting so long as you have the correct strips for it.

There are specific strip requirements for use with monitors and video lighting. The 1.4m strips are more intended for ambient lighting around your desk. But at the same time the claim of no Wide Screen monitor support is not true as we do have a widescreen monitor setting so long as you have the correct strips for it.

Thanks for your replay, I'm not using the 1.4 strips, I was just tagging along this thread.

But IMHO "the correct strips for it" is a questionable statement:

1. ultrawide preset is intended for a combination of (starting from the side) short-long-long-short-long-long strips, but this configuration exceeds any 21:9 monitor. Infact I needed to do short-long-short-short-long-short to prevent strips from peeping from sides.

2. single ultrawide and double monitor presets imply using the same strips, so one is useless in the best case scenario. Besides my configuration works (with the previously described problems) using the double monitor preset, not with the ultrawide one, and they should use the same number of leds.

3. can't understand why it's not popssible to have such a configuration supported, as it implies using a lower number of leds, not higher (that would be perfectly understandable).

So "the correct strips for it" does not mean"for the monitor" but "for the preset". But the preset is useless.

Sorry for moving such crititcs (I own a lot of Corsair's products) but I'm not the only user here with the same problem and many iCue releases after, the issue is still there.

Baio

Edited by Baio

The standard widescreen strip layout fits in this without issues.

Thanks again for your reply.

Do you mean 2 short (250mm.) strips for the sides and 4 long (450mm.) for up up and bottom?

This setup will exceed monitor's width, as it's 82cm.

Baio