Corsair Community

Upgraded OG 7700K/1080GTX with MSI 3070

zguy85

So like many others and now following in suite before, along with shout outs to following homies and their upgrades for their inspiration.

Silentcolours (3070 Founders)

EchoSierra (3070 Gig Eagle OC and PSU upgrade)

Kiwikewl (3080 EVGA XC3 and MOBO Proc... and then some =)+

If I missed ya sorry hit me up here.

And Now..... I got the MSI 3070 Ventus X2 w/ 750SF, guess we all couldn't wait for the next model / nothing like the C1 case.

Lovin it, playin on 1080P myself for the frames. (Mainly PVP FPS and need frames)

We need ideas now how to best water cool our stuff, cause I got spoiled with that AIO on the 1080GTX low temps. Also how are you guys controlling the fan uptop now? Is it possible to step away from Corsair Link or still need it for the CPU pump?

62028345_1080to3070.thumb.jpg.b969110c0e34cada9c16f4ef2680f7ef.jpg

462621063_3070CaseGap.thumb.jpg.efc3a0f7ef0cce54cf179bddfecc6488.jpg

491968273_3070FrontSide.thumb.jpg.38753714f1693a1584b744ba74ea6566.jpg

426548879_3070Side.thumb.jpg.8b310e32c1e043f7e3988f036fac3bcf.jpg

Edited by zguy85

nice job glad to see the ventus fits as well. i was tempted to try the 3080 ventus but couldn't get one. i am in the process of taking off the outer shroud on my card and putting 2x 120mm full size fans in it will post in my thread how it turns out. i have plans to watercool it once the new kraken g12 is out

Thanks for the love Kiwi. Yea it's sure nice talking with others who share a love for the micro mini design. I honestly almost just purchased a new Alienware R11 with all the bells and whistles 10900K/3090 etc, but couldn't get past the large bulky case. I never want to go to a regular case ever again and the C1 case design is honestly brilliant with no doubts plenty of potential as well spoiled us all.

Looking forward to next level innovations to cool our GPU's further. Thought about taking of the stock cooler and repasting with aftermarket TIM like Conductonaut which is what I currently have on my 7700K (delided) and had on both the AIOs.

Looking forward to ideas with the new G12 coming.| =)

Edited by zguy85

Nicely done!!! That looks proper!

This case is so underestimated. It can actually fit so much/ You just have to be a little creative with it. What riser cable are you using?

Unfortunately corsair link may have to stay as it maintains fan curve with coolant temps. My suggestion would be to use the gpu pump and rad for the cpu. Should give a bit better cooling since the gpu rad is bigger. Then the top fan can still be connected to the pump so it has a curve. Alternatively, you could connect the top fan to the motherboard instead and have your own curve and monitor the cpu. I have the GTX 1070 variant which came with a normal air cooled graphics card and the cpu radiator was the bigger version.

But I no longer have any liquid cooling in my system so I have my own fan curve for cpu cooling and I am not using corsair link.

Hey Echo! Yes, ended up connecting the top fan directly to the Mobo Fan2 Hookup, and as of now it seems to always be full speed. Don't mind because I always had it set to full speed before for performance, but would be nice to throttle.

The riser cable I'm using was a replacement from Corsair that was supposed to fix being stuck running only PCIe 2.0. It didn't work, but I kept the cable there still. There's an article that's states we 2017/2018 Link folks only run on PCIe 2.0.

Guys.... are any of you with the OG MOBO running above PCIe 2.0? Because the last C1 MOBO firmware update for the 2017/2018 does not allow above 2.0 setting anymore. Can anyone confirm?

I have upgraded my motherbard to a z490 now. But I do know if you updated the og motherbard you no longer have the option to change the pcie speed. Corsair disabled it because of stability issues and let it go up to gen 2 only. Anyone who didn't update could still run gen 3 but even then it didn't work for everyone.

If you ever consider upgrading the mobo, I can confirm the liquid pump fits without issues on a z490.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
I have upgraded my motherbard to a z490 now. But I do know if you updated the og motherbard you no longer have the option to change the pcie speed. Corsair disabled it because of stability issues and let it go up to gen 2 only. Anyone who didn't update could still run gen 3 but even then it didn't work for everyone.

If you ever consider upgrading the mobo, I can confirm the liquid pump fits without issues on a z490.

Is that the one you got?

https://www.cdw.com/product/MSI-MEG-Z490I-UNIFY-motherboard-mini-ITX-LGA1200-Socket-Z490/6091414?cm_cat=google&cm_ite=6091414&cm_pla=NA-NA-MSI%20COMPUTER%20CORP_EC&cm_ven=acquirgy&ef_id=Cj0KCQjwjPaCBhDkARIsAISZN7Q5eG6fdGaYocpNyFG6rDiAmNR_uLgJOc5mTFi_PRLwo1Bl9vR6544aAt8iEALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!4223!3!359160031835!!!g!338997036959!!2050680717!74269157722

Any word about GPU temps?

In my case, temps are good, the gpu sits between 70C and 80C depending on ambient temp and game load. With an undervolt, I can reduce temps by 4-6C. I also have the top case fan ramp up with gpu temp which further reduces temps by 7C. So pretty good all-round.

I actually have an asrock motherboard. Link below.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z490M-ITXac/index.asp

I chose this motherboard because it is the only z490 itx that fits the air cooler perfectly without modifying or removing anything. It also has both M.2 slots at the front instead of one at the back like most other motherboards. It is power limited, so little to no cpu overclocking possible but it is enough for a 10600k.

• 6 months later...
On 3/27/2021 at 12:21 AM, EchoSierra said:

I actually have an asrock motherboard. Link below.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z490M-ITXac/index.asp

I chose this motherboard because it is the only z490 itx that fits the air cooler perfectly without modifying or removing anything. It also has both M.2 slots at the front instead of one at the back like most other motherboards. It is power limited, so little to no cpu overclocking possible but it is enough for a 10600k.

Greetings all from Melbourne. I was just about to order an MSI Z490I UNIFY for my 2017 Corsair One Pro until I saw this post... the Z490I looks similar to the original Z270I apart from the additional heatsinks on the I/O ports. Will it fit using the original liquid CPU cooler or am I going to have a problem? I'm using the optical SPDIF port with an external DAC and the MSI Z490I seems to be the last MB in the market with SPDIF.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey peterjwhite. I actually have now reverted back to the original CPU liquid cooler so yes you can pretty much use any Z490 itx motherboard and the cooler should fit. The mounting bracket and the pump itself seem to be based on the early (2012 - 2013) H60 series cooler.

Edited by EchoSierra
  • Thanks 1

the mounting specs are the same between LGA1200 and 115x, so yes it will work.

• Like 1