Corsair Community

ram red triangle in icue

Seems Corsair isn't taking this issue serous, being they think its someone elses fault, when its their fault. I don't have anything installed that does all this stuff, and Even use

a Dark 299 which has no headers or LED stuff what so ever.

I seem to think this error has to do with faulty memory, or invalid settings, but i sue XMP, so

who knows?

I need a damn drink deeling with this BS, no Corsair guy on here who knows the fix?

As others have said, the problem isn't necessarily Corsair's fault/issue.

In my case, ASUS released a new BIOS for the Dark Hero (version 3204) that included an LED Firmware update (it wasn't listed in the release notes but it said it applied a LED Firmware update during the BIOS update process). That update resolved my "red triangle" issue on my RAM so I can now have iCUE and ASUS Armoury Crate running/installed at the same time.

I still can't get iCUE to control the Motherboard LEDs (it sees the motherboard and it's LED "areas" but won't actually change their colors) but that's not a huge problem now that I can open Armoury Crate and control them.

In my case, ASUS released a new BIOS for the Dark Hero (version 3204) that included an LED Firmware update (it wasn't listed in the release notes but it said it applied a LED Firmware update during the BIOS update process). That update resolved my "red triangle" issue on my RAM so I can now have iCUE and ASUS Armoury Crate running/installed at the same time.

I had it the same way. ICUE was seeing my ASUS mainboard but could not set the LEDs and no red triangle BUT when I reinstalled windows ICUE was able to control my mainboard LEDs again and the triangle error re-appeared. I don't know what situation I like better ...

I had everything working in the Corsair/Asus Beta time of the ICUE/AURA link and from then everything went worse. From what I have read its most likely something Corsair changed in ICUE. Without any changes (updates) on AURA nor BIOS the bug got introduced with an ICUE update.

Corsair and ASUS should talk and try to get these incompatibilities out of the software. I for my part got the Asus board to finally end that LED software chaos.

Found an other old thread in the Corsair forum:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194069

This thread says it broke after ICUE 3.23.66 the other says ICUE 3.24.52 fixes it again and in ICUE 3.25.60 its broken again.

Can someone of the Corsair team please finally look into that. You should see your changes in the Software and whats causing this. There no fix in over a year now .....

Edited by LightbeamZ

• Corsair Employee
Found an other old thread in the Corsair forum:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194069

This thread says it broke after ICUE 3.23.66 the other says ICUE 3.24.52 fixes it again and in ICUE 3.25.60 its broken again.

Can someone of the Corsair team please finally look into that. You should see your changes in the Software and whats causing this. There no fix in over a year now .....

What happens if you disabled plugins and SDK?

What happens if you disabled plugins and SDK?

So I start with ICUE working as it should. That I will get after restarting it a couple of time until the red triangle goes away.

When it does sometimes both ram sticks show up in ICUE sometimes just one. This will normally take about 4-10 restarts of the ICUE software.

So when working I disabled SDK and Plugins.

1. restart of ICUE red triangle

2. restart of ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

3. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

4. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

5. restart of the PC in ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

6. restart of the PC in ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

7. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

8. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

9. restart of the PC in ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

10. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

so after doing so a few more times ICUE does not show the red triangle with SDK and plugins disabled.

Ram will be reported correctly after manual restart of ICUE but not reliably after a PC restart. But like

this of course AURA lighting won't work.

enabled SDK again, plugins still disabled.

1. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

2. restart of the PC in ICUE red triangle

3. restart of ICUE red triangle

4. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

5. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

6. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

7. restart of the PC in ICUE red triangle

8. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

9. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

enabled plugins again, SDK is disabled.

(With plugins enabled ICUE needs time between restarts of itself or it won't open)

4. restart of ICUE red triangle

5. restart of ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

6. restart of ICUE red triangle

7. restart of ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

8. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [everything working including lighting on ASUS mainboard]

9. restart of ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

10. restart of ICUE red triangle

11. restart of ICUE red triangle

12. restart of ICUE red triangle

13. restart of the PC in ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

14. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [everything working including lighting on ASUS mainboard]

The conclusion I would draw from all this testing is:

1. on PC restart detection of ram sticks is not reliable

2. red triangle will just show up with SDK, plugins or both settings together enabled (but no AURA lighting without plugins of course)

3. SDK does not effect the detection of the count of ram sticks, its basically working or not working

4. plugins and SDK both reliably cause red triangle bug

5. plugins causes count of ram sticks error and red triangle error

Just in addition to the bug there is an other bug that reliably overwrites the Windows Sound icon in system tray with the ICUE software icon.

This will not happen on PC restart but on ICUE restart. It makes the user unable to change volume, go to soundmixer or settings.

My hardware is in my profile. Software is ICUE 3.37.140 and Aura is 1.07.79_V2.2 so the newest but most basic AURA version of ASUS site.

OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 20H2 (Build 19042.789).

I would be more than happy if this will get passed further to one of the software DEVs to look into this. Thank you very much.

Edited by LightbeamZ

• Corsair Employee
So I start with ICUE working as it should. That I will get after restarting it a couple of time until the red triangle goes away.

When it does sometimes both ram sticks show up in ICUE sometimes just one. This will normally take about 4-10 restarts of the ICUE software.

So when working I disabled SDK and Plugins.

3. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

4. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

5. restart of the PC in ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

6. restart of the PC in ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

7. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

8. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

9. restart of the PC in ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

10. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected

so after doing so a few more times ICUE does not show the red triangle with SDK and plugins disabled.

Ram will be reported correctly after manual restart of ICUE but not reliably after a PC restart. But like

this of course AURA lighting won't work.

enabled SDK again, plugins still disabled.

1. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

2. restart of the PC in ICUE red triangle

4. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

5. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

6. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

7. restart of the PC in ICUE red triangle

8. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

9. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [working without lighting on ASUS mainboard]

enabled plugins again, SDK is disabled.

(With plugins enabled ICUE needs time between restarts of itself or it won't open)

4. restart of ICUE red triangle

5. restart of ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

6. restart of ICUE red triangle

7. restart of ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

8. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [everything working including lighting on ASUS mainboard]

9. restart of ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

10. restart of ICUE red triangle

11. restart of ICUE red triangle

12. restart of ICUE red triangle

13. restart of the PC in ICUE no red triangle but just one ram stick detected

14. restart of ICUE no red triangle with both ram sticks detected [everything working including lighting on ASUS mainboard]

The conclusion I would draw from all this testing is:

1. on PC restart detection of ram sticks is not reliable

2. red triangle will just show up with SDK, plugins or both settings together enabled (but no AURA lighting without plugins of course)

3. SDK does not effect the detection of the count of ram sticks, its basically working or not working

4. plugins and SDK both reliably cause red triangle bug

5. plugins causes count of ram sticks error and red triangle error

Just in addition to the bug there is an other bug that reliably overwrites the Windows Sound icon in system tray with the ICUE software icon.

This will not happen on PC restart but on ICUE restart. It makes the user unable to change volume, go to soundmixer or settings.

My hardware is in my profile. Software is ICUE 3.37.140 and Aura is 1.07.79_V2.2 so the newest but most basic AURA version of ASUS site.

OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 20H2 (Build 19042.789).

I would be more than happy if this will get passed further to one of the software DEVs to look into this. Thank you very much.

Make sure you are running the latest bios for your motherboard that is running AGESA 1.2.0.0 and also run the reporting tool in the link I provided in the reply before your last one and PM me the resulting ZIP file.

Make sure you are running the latest bios for your motherboard that is running AGESA 1.2.0.0 and also run the reporting tool in the link I provided in the reply before your last one and PM me the resulting ZIP file.

My BIOS was already on AGESA 1.2.0.0 (ASUS Beta BIOS 3402). I upgraded it today to the newest version (ASUS BIOS 3405). It changed nothing. ICUE still needs a few very annoying restarts until it finally is able to correctly detect my RAM. So the BIOS did not change anything. I will send you the zip file in a PM.

I tried to uninstall ASUS AURA and the Corsair RAM problems went away. But now I can't configure the lighting of my mainboard anymore of course. I tried to reinstall AURA but the motherboard does not show up in ICUE anymore and all the problems with the RAM came back.

So for me this means I have to reinstall Windows again to get it to "at least sometimes after continues ICUE restart work".

ICUE and AURA are totally incompatible right now. I have already heavily invested into the Corsair Eco-System and Corsair is still marketing the feature of AURA and ICUE compatibility. Somebody of the Corsair DEV team should look into this and figure out what the problem is. Corsair can't just blame ASUS for this.

• Corsair Employee

You will not be able to run the Aura software at the same time as iCUE. You will need it installed but you should not run it beyond what is needed for the initial setup detailed in the video below. Also uninstall all other third-party DRAM RGB software modules that Aura installs also.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

So I figured it out with the a bit of help from Corsair Notepad. Now everything is working with SDK and Plugins in ICUE enabled. restarting ICUE or the PC will no longer give me problems with the red triangle or detection of RAM sticks.

Before you try this keep the following in mind, I don't use any ASUS software except for AURA to get my motherboard LEDs to sync up with ICUE. Maybe there is an easier way to get to this point but I didn't find it.

So in short I install ICUE, I install AURA, uninstall manually all the bloat of AURA and its working. Before trying read this till the end.

KEEP IN MIND, THAT YOU DO THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK.

I started with installing ICUE 3.37.140. In ICUE I disabled Plugins and SDK and closed the program fully (so on tray icon, right click, close).

I installed AURA 1.07.79_V2.2 ,so basically the most basic version of AURA but it still comes with much bloat that is not needed for basic functionality.

PC Restart and close ICUE again

to get rid of everything that is not necessary I went to "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache", in that directory are installer and uninstaller of programs installed on the PC, depending on your PC these can be quite a few.

I went threw them one by one and uninstalled all programs that came with AURA but are not necessary for basic functionality. When in a folder hovering with the mouse of the installer it showed something like "ASUS, Patriot, AacGalax, AacKingston" (following list) and especially stuff that contained "DRAM" or "RGB" control. Don't just delete those folders. They can be uninstalled by right clicking on it and choosing uninstall (installer will be left but can be used to install it again) or some that don't have that option can be uninstalled by double click (folder will be emtpy after install and will be deleted after restart of the PC).

This should be the following programs to delete:

Try to uninstall that one first:

Corsair AURA DRAM Component

If you start ICUE and enable Plugins maybe this already fixes it, if not disable Plugins again and close ICUE again. Try to uninstall the following:

Kingston AURA DRAM Component

ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42

Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB

ENE RGB HAL

Patriot Viper RGB

GALAX GAMER RGB

AURA DRAM Component

If you start ICUE and enable Plugins maybe this already fixes it, if not disable Plugins again and close ICUE again. The following will probably disable the the ASUS peripherie corresponding to their names.

Try to uninstall the following:

ASUS GLCKIO2 Driver

ENE IO Driver

ASUS AURA Headset Component

ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL

ENE_EHD_M2_HAL

ASUS GLCKIO2 Driver

ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL

ASUS Mouse HAL

ASUS AURA Odd Component

ASUS Keyboard HAL

ASUS MB Peripheral Products

ASUS AIOFan HAL

ASUS AURA Display Component

ASUS MousePad HAL

ASUS AURA VGA Component

after uninstalling these just the following should be left. These control ASUS motherboard lights. So after that its the most basic ASUS AURA config possible.

AURA still works to control mainboard LEDs but should not be used at the same time when ICUE is in system tray.

The following folders are still necessary for the Corsair with AURA sync to work. SO DON'T UNINSTALL THOSE!

{0E536061-3B55-4D45-BF58-0BDA261C94B0}v3.03.79 with AuraServiceSetup

{880f3eb6-28fe-4c63-875f-c6fb491fc334} with AuraServiceSetup

{CF8E6E00-9C03-4440-81C0-21FACB921A6B}v3.03.45 with SdkSetup

{d00daf18-4c78-4fc6-bb05-376a06c79c48} with AacMBSetup

{D800D836-DE15-4B00-8273-521F022CD837}v1.0.58 with AacSetup

AND DON'T TOUCH ANY OF THOSE FOLDERS WHICH CONTAIN "PACKAGES" SUBFOLDERS OR "vcredist...."- FILES IN IT OR YOU WILL PROBABLY BRICK YOUR SYSTEM!!!

Restart PC and enable Plugins and SDK again in ICUE. And your problems should be gone. Atleast the ones that were related to ASUS AURA

Edited by LightbeamZ

So I figured it out with the a bit of help from Corsair Notepad. Now everything is working with SDK and Plugins in ICUE enabled. restarting ICUE or the PC will no longer give me problems with the red triangle or detection of RAM sticks.

Before you try this keep the following in mind, I don't use any ASUS software except for AURA to get my motherboard LEDs to sync up with ICUE. Maybe there is an easier way to get to this point but I didn't find it.

So in short I install ICUE, I install AURA, uninstall manually all the bloat of AURA and its working. Before trying read this till the end.

I started with installing ICUE 3.37.140. In ICUE I disabled Plugins and SDK and closed the program fully (so on tray icon, right click, close).

I installed AURA 1.07.79_V2.2 ,so basically the most basic version of AURA but it still comes with much bloat that is not needed for basic functionality.

to get rid of everything that is not necessary I went to "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache", in that directory are installer and uninstaller of programs installed on the PC, depending on your PC these can be quite a few.

I went threw them one by one and uninstalled all programs that came with AURA but are not necessary for basic functionality. When in a folder hovering with the mouse of the installer it showed something like "ASUS, Patriot, AacGalax, AacKingston" (following list) and especially stuff that contained "DRAM" or "RGB" control. Don't just delete those folders. They can be uninstalled by right clicking on it and choosing uninstall (installer will be left but can be used to install it again) or some that don't have that option can be uninstalled by double click (folder will be emtpy after install and will be deleted after restart of the PC).

If you start ICUE and enable Plugins maybe this already fixes it, if not disable Plugins again and close ICUE again. Try to uninstall the following:

ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42

Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB

ENE RGB HAL

Patriot Viper RGB

GALAX GAMER RGB

AURA DRAM Component

If you start ICUE and enable Plugins maybe this already fixes it, if not disable Plugins again and close ICUE again. The following will probably disable the the ASUS peripherie corresponding to their names.

ASUS GLCKIO2 Driver

ENE IO Driver

ENE_EHD_M2_HAL

ASUS GLCKIO2 Driver

ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL

ASUS Mouse HAL

ASUS AURA Odd Component

ASUS Keyboard HAL

ASUS AIOFan HAL

ASUS MousePad HAL

ASUS AURA VGA Component

after uninstalling these just the following should be left. These control ASUS motherboard lights. So after that its the most basic ASUS AURA config possible.

AURA still works to control mainboard LEDs but should not be used at the same time when ICUE is in system tray.

The following folders are still necessary for the Corsair with AURA sync to work. SO DON'T UNINSTALL THOSE!

AND DON'T TOUCH ANY OF THOSE FOLDERS WHICH CONTAIN "PACKAGES" SUBFOLDERS OR "vcredist...."- FILES IN IT OR YOU WILL PROBABLY BRICK YOUR SYSTEM!!!

Restart PC and enable Plugins and SDK again in ICUE. And your problems should be gone. Atleast the ones that were related to ASUS AURA

And this is all with the latest plugin in iCUE?

And this is all with the latest plugin in iCUE?

So I did not change it so it should be the one that came with the newest release of ICUE. The one I use is 195 KB (199.720 Bytes). The one from the old Beta thread here in the forum is 187 KB (191.528 Bytes) after renaming to the same name. I tried both DLLs and with the version of AURA I use, both work. They can both reliably control my motherboard LEDs in ICUE without causing issues.

Edit:

With the new plugin I tried Windows lock, energy saver mode and hibernate. No crashes or issues with ICUE so far. (tried a couple of times) The old Beta Plugin crashed ICUE when trying to disable plugins in ICUE itself and indeed it crashes ICUE after Windows Lock screen.

Edited by LightbeamZ

• 4 weeks later...
Problem is, in order to sync Corsair RGB dimms with an Asus motherboard through Armoury Crate, you HAVE to have both AC and iCue running. I'm having the same problem. Running Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Dimms on a Asus Tuf Gaming x570-Pro MB. iCue is constantly losing connection with the dimms. I can close iCue and end processes and relaunch to fix it temporarily, but then it fails literally 5 mins later. Over and over and over. This is clearly an iCue issue, especially if previous versions weren't having this problem.

ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42

Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB

ENE RGB HAL

Patriot Viper RGB

GALAX GAMER RGB

AURA DRAM Component

ASUS GLCKIO2 Driver

ENE IO Driver

ENE_EHD_M2_HAL

ASUS GLCKIO2 Driver

ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL

ASUS Mouse HAL

ASUS AURA Odd Component

ASUS Keyboard HAL

ASUS AIOFan HAL

ASUS MousePad HAL

ASUS AURA VGA Component

This seems to have completely solved my issues I've been having for a while now. Many thanks for detailing this.

I am extremely disappointed it has had to resort to this though. Would it not be at all possible to have a plugins list within iCue where you can pick and choose the appropriate ones for you, and in the case of the plugin that controls the the sync between corsair and ASUS motherboards have it completely independent from the ASUS installations so that a user can do away with any of the 2 terrible options available to us from ASUS?

Armoury crate will just not respond to any changes made in iCue anymore although the the motherboard and all available zones show up. Or Aura which now works following the above but refuses to open to set the hardware lighting meaning that when my pc is between boot and iCue opening I have to put up with a ridiculous rainbow show on the motherboard.

I have invested heavily into the corsair ecosystem and I am unfortunately not having the same premium top tier experience I have come to expect over the last 7+ years having corsair products with regards to this specifically. Now I can completely understand this is largely the fault of ASUS however if even the old aura sync is displaying these issues and that hasn't been updated in a considerable period of time whereas this was all working fine previously, this says to me that this would have been introduced by a software change from corsair if the versions from ASUS have remained unchanged.

Would native support be completely out of the question? or even an installer which can completely remove any instance of ASUS software and install only the necessary software layers to allow the iCue integration to work. I ask this because I know there will be individuals who choose corsair and ASUS products for their reputation of producing high quality components however they may not feel comfortable with going anywhere near the "ProgramData" folder.

Corsair, an indication to ASUS that your users feel let down will go down much better than 100 separate emails to ASUS from users. This has been one of the best collaborations between companies I have seen within the PC component space. It's a shame that a once brilliant integration that worked more or less flawlessly has led to users trying to find answers to restore previously available functionality.

This seems to have completely solved my issues I've been having for a while now. Many thanks for detailing this.

I am extremely disappointed it has had to resort to this though. Would it not be at all possible to have a plugins list within iCue where you can pick and choose the appropriate ones for you, and in the case of the plugin that controls the the sync between corsair and ASUS motherboards have it completely independent from the ASUS installations so that a user can do away with any of the 2 terrible options available to us from ASUS?

Armoury crate will just not respond to any changes made in iCue anymore although the the motherboard and all available zones show up. Or Aura which now works following the above but refuses to open to set the hardware lighting meaning that when my pc is between boot and iCue opening I have to put up with a ridiculous rainbow show on the motherboard.

I have invested heavily into the corsair ecosystem and I am unfortunately not having the same premium top tier experience I have come to expect over the last 7+ years having corsair products with regards to this specifically. Now I can completely understand this is largely the fault of ASUS however if even the old aura sync is displaying these issues and that hasn't been updated in a considerable period of time whereas this was all working fine previously, this says to me that this would have been introduced by a software change from corsair if the versions from ASUS have remained unchanged.

Would native support be completely out of the question? or even an installer which can completely remove any instance of ASUS software and install only the necessary software layers to allow the iCue integration to work. I ask this because I know there will be individuals who choose corsair and ASUS products for their reputation of producing high quality components however they may not feel comfortable with going anywhere near the "ProgramData" folder.

Corsair, an indication to ASUS that your users feel let down will go down much better than 100 separate emails to ASUS from users. This has been one of the best collaborations between companies I have seen within the PC component space. It's a shame that a once brilliant integration that worked more or less flawlessly has led to users trying to find answers to restore previously available functionality.

So you use the "enable full control" on your RAM?

My RGB works quite good as far as I don't enable that option in iCue. With it enabled, red triangle is on the way.

Baio

My RGB works quite good as far as I don't enable that option in iCue. With it enabled, red triangle is on the way.

Baio

Thankfully yes this works for me. After removing all of the unnecessary packages.

• Corsair Employee
Problem is, in order to sync Corsair RGB dimms with an Asus motherboard through Armoury Crate, you HAVE to have both AC and iCue running. I'm having the same problem. Running Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Dimms on a Asus Tuf Gaming x570-Pro MB. iCue is constantly losing connection with the dimms. I can close iCue and end processes and relaunch to fix it temporarily, but then it fails literally 5 mins later. Over and over and over. This is clearly an iCue issue, especially if previous versions weren't having this problem.

If you are utilizing Armoury Crate in order to control the RGB of your corsair memory modules you are not supposed to be running iCUE. Your options for RGB software are one or the other when it comes to our memory control and RGB integration of Asus motherboards and/or graphics card. If you are running both software at the same time they will conflict, and there is no way around this. This is not an issue with the iCUE software, this is an issue with attempting to run software at the same time that is known to conflict and cause problems.

Baio

You are most likely continuing to run known conflicting software causing the issue. Run the reporting tool in the link below and then PM me the resulting ZIP file.

https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027964592-How-do-I-use-the-Elgato-Windows-Reporter-utility-

If you are utilizing Armoury Crate in order to control the RGB of your corsair memory modules you are not supposed to be running iCUE. Your options for RGB software are one or the other when it comes to our memory control and RGB integration of Asus motherboards and/or graphics card. If you are running both software at the same time they will conflict, and there is no way around this. This is not an issue with the iCUE software, this is an issue with attempting to run software at the same time that is known to conflict and cause problems.

You are most likely continuing to run known conflicting software causing the issue. Run the reporting tool in the link below and then PM me the resulting ZIP file.

https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027964592-How-do-I-use-the-Elgato-Windows-Reporter-utility-

Every bit of documentation I've found has said iCue has to be running, with the ASUS plugin, and set to"enable full software control" in order to be Aura compatible and be controlled through Aura/Armoury Crate. And in my experience this is the only way it has remotely worked. If I turn off iCue, the DIMMs revert back to their default configuration. Everything will work fine temporarily until iCue loses connection with the DIMMs. Corsair is the one advertising compatibility with Aura Sync. If this is not how it is supposed to work, then please detail the proper setup. There is NO WAY for Armoury Crate to control the DIMMS without iCue running.

• 4 weeks later...
I created a forum account just to post my solution to the problem. I went to the iCUE app and force updated the ram. That was able to solve the freezing ram instead of me downloading a clean versions of iCUE and Armory Crate multiple times. Hope this helps for at least some of you!