Corsair Community

ram red triangle in icue

After months of getting the red triangle problem in iCue with Vengeance rgb pro while trying to control rgb with Armoury Crate, I discovered that it was actually AI Suite 3 that was causing the problem, not Armoury Crate. I disabled launch at startup in AI Suite and havent had any more rgb problems. I'm assuming something in the memory monitoring in AI Suite was causing interference.

Update: It worked for 3 days and I thought it was a winner. but then I went change RGB in Armoury Crate (as I have a ASUS Ruyo cooler). AC RGB was in "Standby mode", but changing colour stuffed this up. So I have now lost any sync between AC and Corsair (although no red triangle and ASUS devices still showing in ICUE, but no control).

How do make Armoury Crate go back into "Standby Mode"??

Update - got sync back by disabling Armoury Crate Services all together (run, servces.msc). Tried "delayed start" but no go. AC doesn't work so a bodgy fix.

Try my fix, it’s the only way I could permanently get rid of the error (linked it above)

Try my fix, it’s the only way I could permanently get rid of the error (linked it above)

Your fix actually seems to have helped my RAM issue though it isn't perfect. It still freezes sometimes but is able to correct itself and continue on.

My big issue now though is that now my Asus stuff (my rtx 3060 and TUF motherboard) do what my RAM used to. So I've basically taken my RAM problem and "swapped it" to my GPU and motherboard. Which is definitely an improvement as the RAM is more noticeable then the other 2.

How bad are there software? Asus don't make ram (or do they?) and corsair don't make Mobo. How the **** can't they work together to get their piece of garbage software to stop fighting each other and just work together? It's not like they compete on that level anyway. And mouse/keyboard isn't the main focus of neither of those vendor. It's really a pain that we must go through weird fix and workaround, never having complete control of the stuff we bought (and paid more to have those rgb stuff) and not be able to do what we want with it. Why Razer stuff do just work (and I no where say razer product or superior or not, just stating a fact that my kb and razer mouse never had any lighting problem vs my asus mobo and corsair ram). If razer could control correctly asus and corsair stuff (those 3rd party chroma apps that use the API of either armory crate or icue don't give 3% of what the other can), I would ditch both of them and keep razer synapse.

• 4 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 4:27 PM, Croak said:

Just noticed the same problem myself with Vengeance Pro RGB, running 3.23.66. Worked fine before.

EDIT: And solved it by doing a forced firmware update on the RAM. All good now.

This is just what worked for me, Thanks for the heads up. forced firmware and everything is running great.

• 3 weeks later...

I think i found a better fix with Asus hardware / software interfering.

Like a previous person said, armourycrateservice is interfering.

Press the "Windows key" + "R" and type services.msc

Find armourycrateservice, double click it to open properties

Change the start up type to Automatic (Delayed Start)

This lets icue and it's services get started before asus can block it out

• 8 months later...

I’m not running any of the asus software just bios mb lights on and I get the red triangle random , like above why can’t they coexist 

On 11/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, Gabbatek said:

I think i found a better fix with Asus hardware / software interfering.

Like a previous person said, armourycrateservice is interfering.

Press the "Windows key" + "R" and type services.msc

Find armourycrateservice, double click it to open properties

Change the start up type to Automatic (Delayed Start)

This lets icue and it's services get started before asus can block it out

This was added later on https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041797351-Set-up-ASUS-Motherboard-integration-in-iCUE

I don’t run the software and still get red triangle

• 1 year later...

Seems this is nothing to do with overlays, or version, but as mine goes: when hitting the memory with

loads of tests like aida64 runs, it goes to red mark in ICUE,  but if i don't stress the meory, it remains normal.

I think when setting XMP, or ocing memory, it errors out, but in OCCT, or big demanding memory tests, it

passes, but it will show up in CUE with red mark after awhile.

There are a couple of different reasons you can get the red triangle and not all of them discussed in this older thread.

1) RGB software conflict - That one is discussed a lot above and at that time was a somewhat prevalent issue.  It comes up much less now, but still possible if the MB software tries to grab control during boot.  Sometimes you can side step this by setting one program or the other not to load with Windows. 

2) SMBus traffic lockup - This one has been more common lately and can occur with no other software installed.  I got it earlier in the week on a full clean Windows install and only CUE installed.  That was my mistake and I had not reloaded the Intel Chipset drivers.  If you get this a lot at boot frequently with no other RGB software in play, quit CUE and reload the main Intel Chipset and IO chipset drivers, one at a time.  At one point this was stubborn issue and required frequently reinstalls to get things unlocked.

3) Heavy RAM traffic - This may be what you see now.  Max 100% RAM testing can crash CUE or lock up the SMBus like above.  If this only happens during max load testing and you can undo it by restarting the CUE service, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If it is a bit more stubborn, I would reinstall the chipset drivers as described above and see if you can get CUE to hook up again in the proper way.  

On 12/12/2019 at 6:25 PM, solarity said:

Does it not show up at all in iCUE or does it show up, but not controllable?

Close iCUE and restart it and let me know if that is a temp fix. I have encountered the same issue on one of my PCs, that is how I fix the break light/red triangle temporarily. I reported the issue to Corsair and I need to try a few more things.

Update: removing RGB Fusion/MB software resolves the issue for me completely.

thanks to you I found my problem lol, but before uninstalling I first searched about it, and I found a little tutorial so as not to have to uninstall 🙂 thanks for the help!

Spec os: windows 11 and my icue version is v3.29.32

oops de link topic is here: