Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Has anyone gotten the erratic wheel issue fixed? This is very annoying, I can't even touch the volume wheel by mistake, else it goes up and down for 10 seconds, often hurting my ears at max volume. Looking it up online, it seems like a common issue.

I'd like to avoid sending a RMA if possible.

Honestly, I don't regret buying the headset... but I would not do it again if I could and would not recommend it to anyone. It sounds mostly great, but the issues I've encountered (wheel, surround, static, comfort, short range) with it have been far too annoying.

Has anyone gotten the erratic wheel issue fixed? This is very annoying, I can't even touch the volume wheel by mistake, else it goes up and down for 10 seconds, often hurting my ears at max volume. Looking it up online, it seems like a common issue.

I'd like to avoid sending a RMA if possible.

Honestly, I don't regret buying the headset... but I would not do it again if I could and would not recommend it to anyone. It sounds mostly great, but the issues I've encountered (wheel, surround, static, comfort, short range) with it have been far too annoying.

I thought I was the only one with this problem. Corsair told me via email this is a hardware issue and only RMA can fix it, I am waiting for my replacement.

• Corsair Employee
The distorted audio only happens on wireless.

Yes I have experimented with the "Auto Audio Repositioning" setting.

Besides a slightly lower volume with it off it does not make a difference.

Closing iCUE is not really an option because I use custom keybinds and macro's on my mouse buttons.

But yes it makes a difference in audio quality closing iCUE because I also use the equalizer function in it.

Without using equalizer ("pure direct" equalizer setting) there is no difference in audio quality having iCUE running or not.

Sounds like the EQ might be really aggressive when connected over wireless. Can you provide a screen cap of the EQ settings you have?

Sounds like the EQ might be really aggressive when connected over wireless. Can you provide a screen cap of the EQ settings you have?

The audio getting distorted has nothing to do with an too aggressive EQ.

It does not happen with iCUE 3.32.80, only with newer versions up to 3.35.xx

But good news, version 3.36.125 that has just been released seems to work without issue.

Though I have only been using that version for 2 days now.

But since you started about aggressive EQ explain the following to me:

Why does iCUE come with a preset EQ "Bass Boost" which by all means seems way too aggressive to me! (see top attachment)

And because you at least asked me nicely I also attached my personal EQ that I use for listening to music and movies.

Otherwise I use Pure Direct.

EQpreset.thumb.jpg.493abfdc34dd1f8c231a273fe0123c82.jpg

EQ.thumb.jpg.bb0a53c4c46f346de387a9b95804bf37.jpg

Can we get an option to change the Red/Mute Green/Live options for the mic? I'm color blind, and can't see the difference between the Red and Green light. Maybe let us use no light for mute and one color for live. I see the mic also has a blue light available, maybe let us select that for one option instead?

Can we get an option to change the Red/Mute Green/Live options for the mic? I'm color blind, and can't see the difference between the Red and Green light. Maybe let us use no light for mute and one color for live. I see the mic also has a blue light available, maybe let us select that for one option instead?

We have already such an option in settings.

See the attachment!

MicLED.thumb.jpg.232304f8adbcf82919b6f661b5bde845.jpg

The audio getting distorted has nothing to do with an too aggressive EQ.

It does not happen with iCUE 3.32.80, only with newer versions up to 3.35.xx

But good news, version 3.36.125 that has just been released seems to work without issue.

Though I have only been using that version for 2 days now.

But since you started about aggressive EQ explain the following to me:

Why does iCUE come with a preset EQ "Bass Boost" which by all means seems way too aggressive to me! (see top attachment)

And because you at least asked me nicely I also attached my personal EQ that I use for listening to music and movies.

Otherwise I use Pure Direct.

Was cheering myself, but the crackling started again after 10 mins or so.

How are things holding up for you? Still good I hope?

Hi,

Today I received the HS70 Pro as well as the Virtuoso (non-SE). I'm finding the sound to be definitely better coming from the cheaper HS70 Pro. It feels like there is a lot more distinction between lower and higher notes and the bass itself is stronger. The highs on the Virtuoso are clearer but it doesn't make up for its lack of bass. I am not a big bass head either; for example I prefer the sound coming from the HS70 Pro over the Sony WH-1000XM3 because I find the Sony to be overly bassy.

Fiddling with the EQ in iCUE did not yield much better results either. And on the PS4/PS5 you can't change the EQ anyway.

Is there possibly a firmware update coming that would make the Virtuoso sound better? The superior microphone is a big selling point for me. Although I have to say the HS70 is also more comfortable due to the oval ear pads; something that firmware can't solve.

Edited by BigLettuce

Was cheering myself, but the crackling started again after 10 mins or so.

How are things holding up for you? Still good I hope?

That crackling or stuttering issue happens rarely on my end but still occasionally there on the wireless connection.

Like the bandwidth on the wireless is not enough or maybe other wireless interference.

The distorted audio what I was talking about is a total different issue.

And when I say distorted it is really distorted, like in this topic:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194338

But that is gone with the latest version of iCUE 3.36.125 or using version 3.32.80

But every version of iCUE in between gives that distorted audio.

Edit*

It still works wireless for me, but now I get the distorted audio when using the wired USB connection.

Edited by Cerebr0

• 2 weeks later...

Had mine for about a month now. Here's what I know:

Support on Ryzen platforms absolutely sucks, just like all Corsair products on Ryzen. I have to believe Corsair backed the Intel horse on driver development.

The headset is great.

The drivers are terrible.

The constant disconnecting and crackling in 8-channel mode is highly annoying. Changing to 2-channel mode fixes this for me. I have had to reinstall iCue FOUR times since I have had this headset. This is just to fix things like, Equalizer, connectivity, and being able to charge it or not. WTF???

I don't know who is directing driver development at Corsair, but they need a vacation. Lots of issues with every iCue release. More issues with firmware releases on modern hardware.

Corsair, please get with the program. It's your reputation at stake.

Meh, I don't know why I even bother. Corsair...You will not be a part of my next build.

• Corsair Employee

Support on Ryzen platforms absolutely sucks, just like all Corsair products on Ryzen. I have to believe Corsair backed the Intel horse on driver development.

This statement is absolutely false on many levels. Both platforms are tested through our validations process, with no preferential treatment to either company. From a business standpoint, it makes zero sense to support one and not the other.

The constant disconnecting and crackling in 8-channel mode is highly annoying. Changing to 2-channel mode fixes this for me. I have had to reinstall iCue FOUR times since I have had this headset. This is just to fix things like, Equalizer, connectivity, and being able to charge it or not. WTF???

Not sure if you have tried "Auto Audio Repositioning" feature, but it sounds like it might help based on your description:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=200565

Also, try enabling Windows Sonic for your surround sound to see if this improves the audio quality as well. For the disconnecting, you may also want to try the Ryzen Performance power mode in Windows, and see if this improves connectivity.

Hello Corsair forums and late happy Christmas & early New Year for you folks!

Recently got a Virtuoso SE device, posting some feedback including a suggestion.

Generally, the device is great. I'm a seasoned musician that had previously used the Beyerdynamics 90 ohm DT 770 for live and studio mixing, as well as, plugged into a PC, for generally listening to music and gaming.

In comparison to that set, the Virtuoso is on the same level in the PC environment, and obviously superior with lesser devices due to the lower ohm rating. On the same level - I mean, after passing a certain level in quality, every set has their own use and sound. The said DT 770 is rather neutral (as a professional set should be) and not much anything else, but with the Virtuoso ran under iCUE you got a whole lot of variety for your liking, good neutrality or quite anything else, so all in all good work. Construction being very nice I'm looking forward to enjoy this pair for years to come.

That said, a suggestion concerning what appears to be a shortcoming to me, not in the hardware but for the driver/UI software. More audio functions. While the EQ works nice, there could be few more audio functions, which, if implemented, would be of good help and of further versatility for the set.

Most importantly, a loudness equalization function (or a compressor in music terms). Since the Virtuoso is ran under Corsair/iCUE drivers, you are apparently unable to utilize Windows's loudness function (enabled for compatible devices from the sound settings). Loudness (compressor) function, especially with UI with capabilities to tweak its parameters, would be of great use in gaming.

Example of an use where such a feature would rock: in CS GO, it appears that with the Virtuoso set (in all setting modes ingame and iCUE), the gun sounds are of very high volume compared to the much-needed footsteps and other non-BOOM audio cues. Moreover, mixing the level of say, Discord team chatter, to be in par with your ingame volume is a nuisance without at least minor loudness function, since people speak in inconsistent volume.

In comparison, I used to play CS with a cheap Microsoft LiveChat USB rig (due its microphone), which, with the Windows Loudness function, managed to handle that well - when set loud, gunsounds were loud, but not painfully loud while the steps were loud too. With Virtuoso, I have to set the system sound level high to hear the footsteps, and in that level the sound of guns is terribly loud. Add in mixing Discord chatter to not cover those steps and to be understandable in a middle of a firefight, and boom (sic), feels difficult and ears ring. EQ doesn't help here since the frequencies over there and the volume difference appears to be so loud that an EQ fix would turn the game (and everything else) to sound too odd.

A comparable tool to mess with loudness and various other sound things is Asus's Sonic Studio series for its mobo 3,5mm audio connections (that is incompatible with the Virtuoso in the USB and wireless mode). A quick fix for this kind of experience would be making the device drivers compatable with Windows sound effects which would let you to use the loudness feature from there. However UI-implemented features, like as in the Sonic Studio, would be cool for letting the users set their preferences in - in game like CS where audio cues are important, you probably would like to mess with your loudness function parameters to make it effectively reducing general high-dB hits like guns from the front to a general threshold, while equalising silent cues like the steps, but not too strongly, in order to avoid losing the sense of distance to the origin. In a way, this is of course a problem caused by the game in question - but add in the need to balance a separate team VOIP chat, and it's still a function you would like a lot in a gaming headset.

In case there is a known workaround for this experience, I would be happy to hear of it. Already tried some tricks with the Equalizer APO.

Edited by Joe_reg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
My Virtuoso RGB Wireless (Non SE)'s Mic isn't working right. While it's easily detected by anything that can output a mic, in the mic tests, nothing's coming out (Same for both wired & wireless mode). Any fixes for this?

If you connect your headset over the 3.5mm analog connection, does the mic work? You will need to connect it to a 4 pole (combo) jack that accepts both headphones and mics.

Haven't been getting a reply to my thread.

I have a problem with my Virtuoso SE. Sometimes when doing pretty much anything it feels like the connection to the Dongle goes bad. I'd describe it as a very quickly left/right swapping on/off. Sound still happens, but either on one side of the headset or none. And that's quickly changing (like 3 times a second) causing me to get a bit dizzy sometimes.

I have no EQ, latest corsair, the issue does not happen on wireless and I have no other corsair device that would interfere. I already reinstalled iCUE and Drivers (which kept that issue but produced a different one I'll have to figure out with me now having to swap USB Slots for the Dongle frequently -.-).

It happens with and without Audio Repositioning and in Stereo and 7.1.

How much battery life can I expect using the Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE for voice chat? Becaue my new one starts beeping after 3 to 4 hours. Is there anything I can do about this or is it just broken and I should send it back?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help!

• 2 weeks later...
We have already such an option in settings.

See the attachment!

Wish there was another check box for the other way around too (Disable LED when microphone is inactive).

The red light is rather distracting and you'd have to put the mic under your chin to not notice it especially in a darker room.

Or ideally give us full control over the colors of the two statuses:

Mic on - red/green/off/maybe even other colors like yellow if it can do that

Mic off - red/green/off/maybe even other colors like yellow if it can do that

I'm also sure some people would prefer red for mic is "hot" and green for "you can talk freely now with people in the room" :sunglasse. Those settings then would work in favor for them too.

On another note, I had to send a unit back because the USB-C was coming loose after few months causing "Charging battery" and "Battery low" to alternate at times.

Wasn't very happy but thankfully the retailer took care of it.

It also had other (somewhat overlook-able) issues like the dongle freezing up when going out and back in range, the sound getting distorted mid-game/-video and ofc a loose, rattling switch like all unfortunately seem to have.

I am just writing about this headset after using it for 4 days.

*At first, probably like everyone that purchased this headset, we all thought there was a battery issue, as every day there was a low battery sound. The Manual & Instructions do not show how to turn off the headset, neither does the headset itself, so you presume switching it to wireless/wired mode would turn it off. I have now resolved this by reading on these forums to hold the microphone button for 10 seconds.

*Even when headset is turned off, I noticed that if the PC is on, the headset automatically turns back on if the headset switch is on wired or wirelsss mode (lights flashing on mic and on side). Please fix this problem. it shouldn't turn automatically ON if it's been turned off. I dont know if it's just me, but the icons for wireless and wired both look Wireless/bluetooth images so no idea which is which.

* Before downloading the ICUE software, the MIC MUTE made a beep sound. After downloading the ICUE software, I no longer here a BEEP, it's either no sound, or someone speaking to me to tell me that when I press a button on my microphone its unmuting/muting the microhpone. please fix this issue.

*Headset already looks stressed and leather close to ripping at the top.

*The wireless range intermittently works and disconnects if moving away from PC (say within 5 metres ) - when compared to the corsair void pro. this never happened.

so far, not too impressed with this "premium headset" when compared to the corsair void pro. My friends say the microphone sounds better but still considering reverting back to the corsair void.

I don't get a gaming vibe from this headset - it's too regimented (i.e. won't change the mic options) and not user friendly when compared to other corsair gaming headsets.

Edited by Crazypenguin

• 5 weeks later...

I can't remember how I got it to work but all yesterday my Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE headset was able to leverage the full power of 7.1 Surround Sound and EQ Presets from iCUE, While connected wirelessly to the system

This tells me it's an artificial limitation imposed on the device, because it worked FLAWLESSLY all day.

Unfortunately at the end of the evening I had to restart my computer to do a Windows 10 Update and upon booting back into Windows it now is locked to only work when connected via USB.

Can we please have the option to enable 7.1 Surround Sound + EQ Presets while connected Wirelessly?

We know it's possible and that it works flawlessly so I'm guessing the reason it's been blocked right now is there's some known glitch that may happen (which I did not run into after many many tests)

[uPDATE]

Awesome news!!! I figured out how I did it (so happy right now)

Below are the steps to follow if you would also like to enjoy full 7.1 surround sound + EQ presets from within iCUE when using your headset wirelessly.

1. Open up iCUE
  2. Install Nahimic (virtual surround sound software for ASUS motherboards) this may work with Dalby or any other surround sound software like Boom 3D where it "Optimizes" your device
  3. Optimize the Headset while connected Wirelessly to your computer
  4. in iCUE, ensure 7.1 is enabled (I also had Auto Audio Repositioning on at the time.. doubt it matters)
  5. back in Nahimic (or your chosen Surround Sound software -> Remove the Optimisation on the Virtuoso headset
  6. Audio should switch back full control to iCUE ... except iCUE will kick back in with Surround Sound etc all working

Edited by JaxCavalera

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For all my fellow nerds on AMD x570 and B550 boards, it sounds like it was an incompatibility with AGESA.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/amd-locates-root-cause-of-usb-issues-on-b550-x570-motherboards

ASUS just released new BIOS's containing the latest AGESA updates. This appears to have fixed the crackling issues. Turns out this might not have been Corsair's fault.

Check with your Mobo MFR for latest BIOS containing AGESA 1.2.0.2 microcode. This should address the audio crackling and disconnect issues.

I updated my ASUS BIOS about 90 minutes ago and I noticed an immediate and discernable difference. I am sitting here right now with my Corsair Virtuoso headset on wireless for the last 60 minutes with very light music on - normally I would have been enduring 50 minutes of intermittent crackling and white noise sounds along with my music. It's been nothing but pure sonic bliss. No crackling. No white noise. Just music.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is so nice!!!!

Edited by RealTime

• Corsair Employee
For all my fellow nerds on AMD x570 and B550 boards, it sounds like it was an incompatibility with AGESA.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/amd-locates-root-cause-of-usb-issues-on-b550-x570-motherboards

ASUS just released new BIOS's containing the latest AGESA updates. This appears to have fixed the crackling issues. Turns out this might not have been Corsair's fault.

Check with your Mobo MFR for latest BIOS containing AGESA 1.2.0.2 microcode. This should address the audio crackling and disconnect issues.

I updated my ASUS BIOS about 90 minutes ago and I noticed an immediate and discernable difference. I am sitting here right now with my Corsair Virtuoso headset on wireless for the last 60 minutes with very light music on - normally I would have been enduring 50 minutes of intermittent crackling and white noise sounds along with my music. It's been nothing but pure sonic bliss. No crackling. No white noise. Just music.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is so nice!!!!

Great update, and thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully some other users can chime in with their experience.