Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB PRO not hitting 3200 MHz

Hello.

Your problem could be that you run 4 dual rank sticks, which makes big stress to R7 2700’s weak memory controller and needs to lower ram clock. I have 2 from this kit, and after some time 3200 mhz clock leaded to BSOD so I tried a lot of timings, and found stable to enable XMP, put manuly ram volts 1.35 but also putting manually ram clock 3000.

When I’ll be back home I’ll check whether I had modified those tRC value or not. Rock stable now, finally, but, again, these are 2 dual rank sticks, yours is 4.

Upd: nope, i put only xmp, 3000 clock, 1.35v voltage, AND DON’T FORGET to increase SOC voltage to 1.15v, mine mb tho is Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite and I could only put an offset for SOC +0.3 mV.

Hi canberra666,

Thank you for your response.

I have 2 sticks of 16GB each (32GB). Even with that, I can't configure 3200Mhz on my system. The PC don't post and revert to 2133Mhz after boot.

I will try to put XMP, voltage, SoC and configure speed and times manually.

As soon as I try it, I let you know about the results.

Thanks again!

BR,

Ricardo

Try also setting frequency manually 2400, 2666, 2933, 3000. 3000 was stable for me, but, for example, on my previous Ryzen 5 2600 and 7 2700 configs with cheaper mobos but i don’t remember the ram config but it was both 2 sticks of 8 total 16, and the issue systems worked only 2933 mhz, and the ram xmp was 3000 lmfao...

Try also setting frequency manually 2400, 2666, 2933, 3000. 3000 was stable for me, but, for example, on my previous Ryzen 5 2600 and 7 2700 configs with cheaper mobos but i don’t remember the ram config but it was both 2 sticks of 8 total 16, and the issue systems worked only 2933 mhz, and the ram xmp was 3000 lmfao...

I got 3066Mhz stable with some tight timings (see attached).

Above that, don't post or running unstable (BSOD).

Anyway, thank you for your tips, canberra666!

Cheers!

Timings.png.b77c02255bba88e6b468d74544e58257.png

Look at the version number on the set, or use a tool like typhoon to read out the information. Only the v3.31 versions of CMW32GX4M4C3600C18 and CMW16GX4M4C3600C18 are compatibel with Ryzen although Corsair Web site states different. The v3.31 are on the QVL of many manufacturers. The problem is simple. Corsair made a kind of FU.

In the AGESA are parameters for various memory modules with specific sub timings (for example tRP, tRC tRFC et cetera). When you place a Corsair module it is recognised as a specific module. When Corsair partners uses other chips those timings do not work as expected. Thats why mixing them is also a bad idea. Now only the Micron E-die versions (v3.31) are tested and work good, because the AGESA knows them. But you can imagine what happens when you use another module what is wrongly identified, or not identified at all. In both situations you have to use software like Ryzen Calculator, get the right timings for your chip and enter all those in your BIOS.

So either Corsair needs to have his manufacturer on track and only use chips what are "tested" and "certified to run with" or talk with AMD to get their chips supported by the next AGESA version.

To everyone I have CMW64GX4M4C3200C16 2 sticks of 4. Mb Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite

On Ryzen 7 2700 it was: stable XMP and 3000 MHz manual clock set.

Changed CPU to Ryzen 3 3100: XMP natively just like Intel, mates.

So my advice: get rid of your pre-3rd gen CPUs if you would like to get more than 3000 MHz RAM WITHOUT having intercourse with RAM choice and manual tweaking! I’m very happy it finally works as it should!

• 2 years later...

I am haviing similar problems with my intel I7-8700 cpu 3.20ghz. It will only let me go to 2666mhz after I installed the corsair vengance RGB pro 2x16gb 3600mhz into my system. If I try and make it go any higher than that I get a blackscreen. When i reset the PC it tells me theres a stop error. How do I fix that and get to the 3600mhz I wanna be running?