Corsair Community

Choosing Fans for Corsair 1000D

BIGREDUNIT

New to the forum.

Looking for opinions on fans for Corsair 1000D setup.

16 front x 120mm (intake, push pull configuration on radiators)

6 top x 140mm (exaust, push pull on radiator)

2 rear x 120mm (exhaust)

Originally the plan was to use LL series fans as they look the best IMO, but its feeling like a waste as 11 of the fans wont even be seen as they will be facing into the radiators.

Couple of options I am also thinking about are changing to ML series fans so at least the lighting will be seen. Other option is only having the pull configuration on both the front and top radiators while also having the 2 fans at the rear.

Also haven't really seen and top down views of the case with fan lighting on, can the lighting even really be seen through the top of the case?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

You are correctly, LL fans are definitely know for their aesthetic, ML fans are for best in term of performance. (really is the best fan on the market imo.)

Would you see those fans that are mounted on the top? well, that depend on where you are putting the case, the 1000D is a behemoth, so if you are putting it on a desk, you will still be able to see those top fans. You seem to already know the answer.

The lighting can be seen through the cutout from the top of the case but it's not entirely visible.

for me, I would use the same series of fan all across because I like the uniformity of thing inside a built.

Thanks for your thoughts!

The LL fans look amazing on the front of the case, I have seen so many builds with them and it makes it difficult to choose anything else.

The case will be on a desk and I'm thinking its going to be too tall to be able to see into the top of the case anyway....

Agreed the fans all need to be the same.

Thanks again.

I do like the HD-120s they do have the highest static pressure of the RGB Fans and they are the brightest as they aren't diffused like the LL-120. I wonder why there isn't more love for them. I personally like the 12xRGB Leds around the fan instead of 4x RGB in the hub. They also look better in cases that are tinted IMHO. I think they should get more love, granted they don't have the center hub LEDs like the LL-120 also they can't spin as slow as the ML/LL.

As far as airflow and static pressure, are the differences between the LL and ML fans really that significant when using a water-cooled system in a push/pull configuration?

I put some fan stats together when I was looking for my case, I had a lot more data in here, though I filtered out other brands, due to forum rules. I ended up going with the HD-120 myself. Push/pull will help you get more performance with less noise than push alone. The 60mm+ rad and denser rads will benefit more from push pull than a thinner radiator that has a low Fin Per Inch (FPI) count. To be honest the differences between the ML and LL aren't really that huge in terms of static pressure, according to Corsair's specs. The ML will give you a more of a speed range with less noise than the LL, though the LL are a lot prettier. IMHO I would go with the LL-120 or HD-120 as they are so darn beautiful!

attachment.php?attachmentid=33332&d=1527708722

fansCorsair.PNG.2a3b1dd85d63ed048b1981563b26067c.PNG

Thanks for the information. Performance and cooling is more of a priority than looks for me so I might consider the HD120s.

You are splitting hairs when it comes to end temperature differences between the ML-RGB, LL, and HD. I hop back and forth all the time. I don't see any meaningful change. Given the rather high number of fans you need to populate the case, you aren't going to want to invest in multiple sets. I would choose the one that is most visually appealing.

You are splitting hairs when it comes to end temperature differences between the ML-RGB, LL, and HD. I hop back and forth all the time. I don't see any meaningful change. Given the rather high number of fans you need to populate the case, you aren't going to want to invest in multiple sets. I would choose the one that is most visually appealing.

I agree as he is going to have more cooling than required, lots or rad space with many fans will be past the point of deminishing returns imho. The biggest need for higher pressure is in the situation if he is doing a filter, thick rad, high density FPI and push only. So his radiator selection is the most important and getting a matching fan with it is next.

Looks wise, I think the HD-120s look really nice with tented glass Maybe that is a reason they have the marketing photos using HD and not LL fans. LL are very pretty, but.might look nicer in.an untinted case. Though beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I too am pondering what fans to use. I am only going to do an 8 fan push in the front and a three fan pull on the top, with two 120 fans on the back for a total of 13 fans. I was going to go ahead and use the ML series but after looking around I find the ability to daisy chain fans like the in-win’s REALLY appealing. Is there a hack to do this with the Corsair fans? It’s just so many cables.

Archived