Corsair Community

How To: Make RGB Extension Cables / Repair RGB Fan Connectors

DevBiker

I've already scanned through the thread so I don't think this has been asked before, but please let me know if I'm wrong. Does anyone know the product number for something that would work as a male 4-1 pin ARGB header? I want to adapt something I already own which uses the normal 4-1 pin layout to work with the commander pro, but I am having serious trouble finding something that would work.

One option I can see is buying an extender then cutting off one of the ends and using the parts list provided in the first post to connect to the commander pro, but that seems far more expensive than finding the actual end piece for sale on a store like Digikey.

I also realize that there are adapters available on ebay, but I wanted to save some money and I figure this could be fun to do myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
how to make rgb splitter so that i can split rgb of corsair h100i platinum aio and connect with 3rd ml120 fab which i have bough seperately.Please Help !!

You'd need to use thin cable - AWG 28 or 26 - and splice on one end. On one end, all 4 pins are connected. On the other, pin 2 is N/C (connect only pins 1, 3 and 4).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted this in a nother much older thread, but thought my query best suited here.

Once of my Corsair LED strips seems to have malfunctioned. However, I happen to have the materials listed in the "Corsair RGB connectors are NOT proprietary!" videos and the "RBG Cables" post here (pins, connectors, etc).

I have a contiguous strip of 60 WSWS2812b LEDs, could I make an one LED strip long and just tell iCue I've daisy chained 6 x10 LED strips working off one of the LED channels on my Commander Pro/Lighting Node Pros?

Or would have to make 6 individual strips with 10 LEDS each (I really hope this isn't so, as my soldering skills are not up to snuff, and those Molex pins are tiny). I'm hopeing to get around having to build a bunch of 10 LED strips and daisy chain them.

One long 60 light strip would be great if achievable by blatantly lying to iCue.

Thoughts?

Post script: The videos and parts lists are awesome.

Thank you./