Corsair Community

Multiple AIOs. Placement Help?

RetroGamesIn4k

Hey guys! I’m building a Corsair heavy PC using the 570x Mirror Black. I’m using an i7-8700k and the Corsair Hydro GFX GTX 1080ti aio gpu. For my CPU cooler I’m planning on using the H150i Pro since it seems to one of the best aio options for the 8700k at the moment.

This is where my problem stems. I know they always say it’s better for temps to front mount your rads as intakes and push pull if possible, but the H150i is a 360mm rad and takes the whole front up. Is it okay to throw the extra 120mm rad from the gpu to the back exhaust fan area? I’d prefer a rear mounted look over an uneven top mounted look. I was wondering is the enough clearance at the back of the case to run a rad and have top fans? Also is it even worth it to use the H150i or should I run a H100i v2 with push pull in the front and then I could also push pull the Corsair gpu and front mount it as well. Would an H100i v2 in push pull be enough to have low temps on an 8700k?

You definitely want the GPU cooler to be exhaust; you DO NOT want to dump that heat into the case. A 1080Ti will generate a good deal more heat than the 8700k. Having the 150 on the front in push/pull will be fine. It'll warm the ambient air inside the case a little but nothing like what the GPU would do.

You definitely want the GPU cooler to be exhaust; you DO NOT want to dump that heat into the case. A 1080Ti will generate a good deal more heat than the 8700k. Having the 150 on the front in push/pull will be fine. It'll warm the ambient air inside the case a little but nothing like what the GPU would do.

Thanks for the reply! So when running the gpu rad on rear exhaust is it better to run it as a push/pull? Would there be enough room in this case to go push/pull? (Could not find a straight answer anywhere online) Also is running a push/pull on rear exhaust good or would it just potentionally suck in hot air that it should be spitting outside the case?

I don't know if there's room in the case.

Push/pull on the GPU radiator shouldn't be a problem. It'll allow you to keep the fans a little lower and still have good cooling but it may not be necessary. That said, just make sure that it's set for exhaust, not intake. Due to the placement, that will also serve to provide airflow over some of your motherboard components as well.

You should still have room for exhaust at the top if you want. You would want at least one up there but you'll also need to be careful to not get yourself into a negative pressure situation. You can, of course, manage that with fan speeds; those top fans can spin pretty slowly and do the job you need them to to.

Hi buddy... I have this case and push/pull front and back at same time is doable dude...

I ran my h80i v2 push/pull in this case prior to getting my h100i v2.. and I run my H100i v2 pushpull in the front of my 570x... gpu length wise.. I have the EVGA 1080sc and there is about 80MM between the fan and the end of the gpu.

Currently saving for the H150i to run push/pull also....

Thanks for the reply! So when running the gpu rad on rear exhaust is it better to run it as a push/pull? Would there be enough room in this case to go push/pull? (Could not find a straight answer anywhere online) Also is running a push/pull on rear exhaust good or would it just potentionally suck in hot air that it should be spitting outside the case?

You still definitely want it as exhaust, push, pull, or both. The Ti is going to output a consistent 275-290W, dwarfing anything the CPU that put out at any clock rate. Amazingly, the 120mm can handle it, but you will see waste air temps in the 40-50C range (or just below the GPU diode temp). You don't want to dump that in your case.

Push/Pull worth it for this? Maybe. Sorry, there is no straight answer. Airflow is not cumulative, but pressure is. Push-pull is helpful at lower speeds, but the performance gap to a single fan diminishes as the speeds get high. I have a 120mm AIO system connected to my Titan X. I don't know why it took me a year to get around to testing this, but I have been running push-pull with a HD120 and ML120 for two weeks. Differences are slight. In games were the GPU clock will cycle down on the inventory menu, start screen, etc., there is about a 5C difference. That seems worthwhile. However, on games like AC Origins where the GPU load never drops at the desktop or anywhere else, the difference is a mere 1-2C at the same speed. That would suggest the difference is mostly the speed at which the cooler can dump heat when not loaded, but the 120mm is still saturated when loaded and can't dump any more (at that speed).

So where might it be useful? I find my noise tolerance for the 120mm rad fan to be about 1500 rpm. Past that, it annoys me through headphones. I also find most of the Corsair 120s to be more than tolerable below 1200-1300. The difference is the extra 120mm fan will allow me to run in that 1200 zone while still getting the performance I would get at 1500. It is small potatoes, but it keeps the fan out of the buzzy zone. The same principle will apply to front as well and push-pull there means you can probably stay under 1000 rpm at all time and get good cooling. The fans will be hard to hear at those speeds.

Archived