Corsair Community

Crystal 570X RGB Lighting

IDK-TBH

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SP fans are voltage fans buddy so wont work with the cooler as its PWM. so you would have to connect them to the CoPro as this allows both pwm or Voltage control..

its midnight here for me and i have only just got in from work,, if you can wait till morning i will knock you up a diagram...

OK So here it is:

SASaprd.png

So i did make some changes so when you draw up your plan take into account the 3x HD120 and the 3x SP120. Also if you have any improvements for this design please mention it. Is there anything you would recommend? Realistically how hard will this be to build into the case? any help appreciated! Thanks!

Pretty much on the money there aside from.. HD fans are PWM.. so these can be plugged into the cooler ;)...

You are getting the idea dude.. I know you can figure this out :).

SO.. all i would change in that diagram is by moving to the HD fans to the cooler for rpm control..

and you may need to extend the cables that lead to the strips on the back of your monitors ;)

any reason why your not going for a H150i pro in that case?.. made for the job you know ;)...... 3 HD fans up front on a H150i Pro... and the SP's top and rear is my advice

to add... this would leave you with the 3 ML fans in the box... which you could put on the back of the rad. .. powered by the pump.. HD fans on the CoPro... push/pull baby... who doesn't want some of that action in their life lol.. no massive benefit really.. but does look the part HAHA

Hello, I dont't want to hijack this thread but I have a question/issue? I am building the 570x and have 6 sp-120's connected to the fan hub and have the node pro with the strips. I hooked the fan hub to the node pro with a 2 wire cable that came with it? ( the fan hub is a three post out?) and when I power up my pc the fan lights don't come on? The strips in the other channel work fine? Do i need to get into the software first or something before the lights on the fans will work? Haven't installed windows yet. If I keep the fan hub connected to the controller that came with the case the lights work. Thanks in advance for any info.

OK So here it is:

SASaprd.png

So i did make some changes so when you draw up your plan take into account the 3x HD120 and the 3x SP120. Also if you have any improvements for this design please mention it. Is there anything you would recommend? Realistically how hard will this be to build into the case? any help appreciated! Thanks!

Well done! You pretty much have it. The one outstanding question that you have is about where to connect the fans for the radiator ... well, they should definitely be connected to the cooler, not the Commander Pro. This will allow you to control the fans based on the pump temperature (which is correct) without requiring Link; you can write your settings directly to the device and they'll run.

Now ... one final note ... there is a way that you can use the USB on the CoPro for your RMi PSU, the NoPro AND the cooler. You do, however, need to be familiar with the pinouts for USB. This is actually how I have mine set up.

y4mJKd8jwtSzmn72L0E_NzSw-q2ixMt9hKxrqHL7ducTdP3eTua1Alu-ZIDfATF5cjOvEnDKt0rWl9ztUI2hCxsz80WmRe1Svf-LdLqMs1s25loFpJm5TYYJn2FC9qoLIQDxP-YfL-t-xMx0tULbqbQrfYm4VNpJO1cUOHsrPYrCSQ4SDWoEu2N8RyhD01GYreEmYbBszlBA5iyKOwbcajgoA?width=855&height=674&cropmode=none

THANKS EVERYONE,

So i am going to sort of mash this advice together. So on my motherboard (Correct me if i am wrong) i have 2 usb headers. TO my knowledge the case itself does not have USB 2.0 in the front I/O so both of these ports should be free. One psu will go to the commander pro. Here i will attach the PSU and the Cooler. The final remaining usb 2.0 header can go to the node pro to power my 2 led strips.

The setup that i just described will it work? and please mention any changed you think i should make.

Next is the cooler. So i think i will go with Zotty's advice and i will get the H150i pro. My question is is it possible to sandwich the cooler like this: MLfans-->Cooler-->HD120. If this is possible how is it configured. What i mean by this is understand the basic how push/pull and other config's work. But i'm not sure which one works best for all the fans that i have. More importantly could you please explain how they are mounted in theses different setups. Will it say in the manual how to set it up in Push or Push/Pull etc. If you could advise me on what i could do for each of the fans that would be great. So in total with the setup zotty desccribed i would have 3xHD120 (all mounted on the 360mm H150i pro) then 3x ML fans included with the cooler (from what you've said these are also to be on the cooler) and 3xSP120 (2 top 1 back)

As always thanks for all the help and i look forward to your reply.

Another quick note....

Motherboards: This is the one i think i will get: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

But for the RGB there is the aurora software. Are there any LINK compatible motherboards. That are good for gaming out there?

Next is the cooler. So i think i will go with Zotty's advice and i will get the H150i pro.

SO,,

Long screws (provided with the cooler) for both sides...

mount the Ml fans to the Pipe side of the Rad using said long screws and plug fan cables into the cooler

mounting in the case can be a little tricky as you have to hold the fans in place and the rad... so what i do is mount all 3 front fans using 2 normal fan screws in each fane.. this will hole them in place.. now hold rad in place and use the long screws to mount rad to back of those fans. once the are all in. remove the short screws in the rad and replace with the long ones,, Plug the HD fans into the Commander Pro, hope that makes sense dude..

Quick note HD fans or LL. What is the difference?

not being rude dude (hey that rhymes! lol ). just saves the amount of typing this end and indeed it points others at the help thread ;) ;)

Fans explained in it..

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

But Basically.. ML are quiter..... and HD have much brighter/vivid RGB lighting/effects.. there is more to it if you really feel the need to know ;)

Another quick note....

Motherboards: This is the one i think i will get: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

I know Msi have a Motherboard with a Corsair Header on it but I dont know too much about it,,, maybe someone else can chime in?

https://www.msi.com/Landing/mystic-light-motherboard#sync

Sorry duder

So will this work: ML included fans--->Radiator--->LL fans

Basically so the LL fans are visible from the front.

Yup that works and exactly how mine is dude

and the LL fan three pack come with a noce pro. For what reason? does it need to be used with this setup or can i re purpose it?

yup its like any other node pro.. both mine that came with both packs of LL fans are running Strips ;)

Hi Zotty,

Does this look good to you:

ayCj3zE.png

And when mounting the cooler with the six fans is there anything i need to bear in mind whenit comes to RPM could the LL fans since they are not connected to the cooler itself like spin to fast and cause the cooler to overload. That sound quite stupid but will the six fans cause problems. That is what i'm wondering. And with what like 9 fans will this setup be loud?

You cant have the Sails and Logo on the same RGB hub as the LL fans.. must got to the RGB Hub with the SP fans on ;)

aside from that.. looks good dude

and if you link the LL fans to H150i temp they will then react as the same time at the fans connected to the pump...

So if i had the 3 ML fans connected to the Cooler (h150i). and the 3 LL fans connected to the Commander pro. There would be no interference and it would all work fine right. Can you post some pics of your radiator setup? So if there are 6 fans on one radiator but only 3 are wired into the radiator itself everything will still work fine yes?

Also where would you recommend putting the 4 temp sensors that come with the CPro and where did you put them.

dude if you do decide on on the kraken X62 it will have to be front mounted unless you buy the new mirror case as this is the only case that supports a 280mm rad up top from my research.

right up until i seen the mirror case i was going to run the smaller x52 up top as this one is only a 240mm rad and should fit in the top of the 570x case.

have you started buying your parts yet?.

So if i had the 3 ML fans connected to the Cooler (h150i). and the 3 LL fans connected to the Commander pro. There would be no interference and it would all work fine right. Can you post some pics of your radiator setup? So if there are 6 fans on one radiator but only 3 are wired into the radiator itself everything will still work fine yes?

Also where would you recommend putting the 4 temp sensors that come with the CPro and where did you put them.

Yep that would work fine dude..

're probes

I have 1 on back of my mother board and one on my system ssd. And the other two monitor air temps in the case....

So it seems like the RGB part of my build is sorted. Could you please look through the part list bellow and tell if it will all works i can make etc etc. Also where did you get your cables from (the braided ones that look nice)

Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor

Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card

VENGEANCE® RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit (CMR16GX4M2C3000C16)

Crystal 570X RGB Mirror Black Tempered Glass, Premium ATX Mid Tower Case

Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler

CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit

CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit

CORSAIR Commander PRO

LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan — 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO

Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

RMi Series™ RM650i — 650-Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU (UK Plug)

Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Force Series™ LS 240GB SATA 3 6Gb/s SSD

Archived